Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Uh boy... Well. I did it again Bov. I wasn't getting consistent hits on this old BP so I took apart the head to tighten the screws, etc ( no. I didn't break the wire again. :))

Something's not right. I think I may have lost something. It's been so long since i took it apart i don't remember. Is there a washer or something under the top screw? The screw isn't reaching far enough for some of my attys. Do we have a detailed parts picture of the top somewhere on here? Not the replacing the top tutorial. I need to see individual pieces. Thanks!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Yes Pizza, there are little o ring type spacers under the top screw...holler at Mike and ask them to toss some in with your BP when the return it. If they've already sent it out, just ask if they can toss some in an envelope for you. Here's a pic of all the pieces, sometimes there is a white or clear spacer, but in this pic they are black.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
I'm so frustrated with my Buzz. I'm ready to return it and get a refund.

I bought my Buzz about a month ago. First day use was perfect - vaped the whole day.
The next day, with new, freshly charged batts, I could only vape 20 minutes at most.
After 2 weeks of this, sent the Buzz back RMA. Everything fine.

Same issue again. Vaped the whole day, next day only 20 minutes of vaping batteries die.

I purchased 8 brand new batteries:

4 Powerizers from NotCig - recommended
4 AW Li-ion Rech 3.7v ICR 750mAH

Older batteries used as well:

6 UltraFire 16340 1000mAh 3.6v Li-ion Blue

4 UltraFire 16340 880mAh 3.6v Li-ion Gray

2 SpiderFire 16340 1000mAh 3.7v Yellow

THAT'S 20 BATTERIES I USE PER DAY AT AROUND 20 MINUTES OF VAPE TIME PER BATTERY!

All the batts work fine in my SaberTouch. I only use 1 set of batts for about 2 days of vaping and I'm a heavy vaper.

Atties used:

3 - 901-T HV and Tank Carts all brand new.

3 - 901-T LV and tank carts all brand new.

5 - 901 atties drip method all brand new.

4-5 901 atties drip method old atties.

I've taken the top cap off and everything is tightened; nothing loose or missing.

Bottom cap is same condition.

Batts in, red light. vaping, blue light.

My friend also bought a Buzz around the same time I did. She gets about 2 days of vaping off one set of batteries. Granted, she's not a heavy vaper as I am.

So far, everything has checked out.

As I've said, I've already returned this Buzz.

I'm so frustrated at this point I'm ready to cry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I don't blame you, I'd be frustrated too! Whe you got it back from RMA, what did the shop say they fixed, if anything?

My next question would be what ohms are the carts/atties you are using? And approx voltage are you setting your Buzz at? Do you have a volt meter to test your Buzz with to see if the voltage is steady? It should read around 4.5 at the yellow mark on the dial.

It's possible that if you are using low resist carts/atties at a higher voltage, you may be tripping the over current protection in either the Buzz or the protected batts. The other possibility would be a bad circuit board. The board would have been the first thing the shop tested.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Thank you for responding Bovinia.

When I got my Buzz back, all that was written on the note was "Tested over and over and over and over. Works."

The atties/carts are rated from 4.2 to 4.8 ohms. (I have several different ones.)

I make sure the atties/carts are compatible with voltage. Low resistant atties/batts are/at below the red line. HV ones are either at/above the red line to the yellow line and above.

Can't test the voltage as my volt meter just died.

Like I said, the 1st day I got my Buzz I vaped the entire day on 1 set of batteries. The next day - with the same set up from the previous day, I could only vape about 20 minutes per batteries.

After I got the Buzz back, again; I vaped the entire day. The next day, only 20 minutes before the batteries started dying.

Also, when I bought my Buzz, I also purchased atties/batts, juice, charger etc all new so I would have a fresh start with my Buzz.

--------Took a break ------------------

Ok Bovinia, I took a break and tried some different things.

Put in fresh batts and completely changed out the atties and carts, juice, everything.

After 25 minutes of vaping - nothing. Kept the same batts in, changed to new 901 atty/tank cart. Vapor again!!!

I think what is happening is that I got a bunch of defective atties. They're popping left and right. I'll see how long this atty lasts and then try a 901 to 510 adapter and new 510 atty.

I'll post back within a day to let you know if this is what is happening.

Thank you so much for your time Bovinia. Wishing you a great Holiday Season and New Year (just in case I get lost in LaLa Land and don't post back before New Years! LOL!)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Great detective work on your part! Altho I would hate to know that you spent hard earned money on a bad batch of atties, it would answer the question of why the shop couldn't find anything wrong with the device itself. Also make sure that you are cleaning any juice that might leak from your atty into the top cap.

Just keep in mind that the green mark on the voltage wheel is approx 3.5, the yellow 4.5, and the red 5+volts. Anything that is below 2.0ohm should be used between the green and yellow marks.

Happy New Year to you!! Don't hesitate to let us know if you continue to have problems :)

KatyB

Jun 30, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I got a V-Life Max kit from FastTech for "Christmas" (that arrived Jan. 9 - don't get me started). It was supposed to include two 16340 cr123 batteries and a charger. Guess what? After taking 40 days to get here, NO BATTERIES included. Just a pathetic empty charger. My BF found a set of 4 UltraFire 16340 CR123A 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries on eBay and they are on their way. They are not listed as being for any kind of e-cig, and it doesn't say if they're protected. The listing mentions using them for digital cameras, flashlight torches, and "other electronics products." They're blue, if that helps. Can I use these, stacked, in my new mod?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hi Katy, yes that is a surprise for a lot of people ordering from Fasttech, li-on batts can not be shipped outside the USA to us...or from inside the USA to other countries.

As for the batts you ordered from Ebay, I can't say one way or the other without seeing them if they are protected or not. If the are not, I certainly wouldn't use them in a mod I don't know anything about. This tech thread is for our products only, the Buzz Pro, so I can't advise you on the V-Life Max. Did you try posting on the FastTech thread?

Please understand that it isn't that I don't want to help...I just can't help with a product I'm not familiar with.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Stacked batteries are safe as long as the batts are protected, and the mod also has built in protection such as over current protection. My advice would be to look for the protected batts at a reputable vendor. There are lots of counterfeits out there and Ebay is a good place to get duped if you don't know what to look for in protected batts :)

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Ok so here's the issue I'm having with my Buzz Pro. All of a sudden when I screw my tank in straight it won't fire but if I play with it at an a slight angle or a little crooked left or right depending on your prospective it will fire. So my question is can I play with the small phillips bolt connector in the center to try to fix or do I need to buy a new top cap. Thanks.

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Check and make sure the screw is snug. Did you look under the top cap to make sure the inner screw on the under side of the top cap is screwed in just tight enough to let the little ring terminal on the end of the wire turn?

Is it a 510 top, and are you using an adapter?

Hay Bovina :)

Yea it a 510 connector I checked the inner screw and it is just tight enough to let wire connector turn, But the tank won't screw on tighten enough so that there's no wiggle of the tank and in order to get it to fire I have to screw the tank on then tilt it a little cockeyed and play a little untill it will fire.

buzz-pro-2.jpg

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
yea it has been. hope you all had a good holiday and
Mike I hope you and your family have a great year.

I'm going to pick up a new tank later today and try it, otherwise I'll buy a new topcap.

It's not that it won't screw straight, it does, it Just won't fire unless it's cockeyed

Hay Bovina I just noticed your avatar I think your aim is a little off, Aren't you supposed to jump over the moon and not through it :p :D

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
A big shout out to Bov for suggesting and Mike for approving, when my wife's fixed pink BP returned from the Buzzpital they had thrown in the extra o-rings for mine (and a couple extra screws!! ) I'm back in business!!! You folks are awesome!!!!!

It felt so weird going a week or so without having my BP in my pocket!!!

bov and stuck any chance the problem with the cockeyed tank issue is a missing or mis-aligned o-ring under the top screw?? Or a piece under that cap? Does the screw look off centered stuck? I wouldn't think it would cause that, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Awww, thank you P2M! I'm so glad you and your wife are back in vaping nirvana!

That's a great suggestion for Stuck, but since hie tank does screw on straight, but shorts out unless he screws it on lopsided, it sounds like the connection on the tank to me. Hopefully we'll find out when the tank is replaced :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread