Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Salutations and boring stuff in GREY so you don't have to read the pointless rambling part...

Hey everybody! It's been a long time. I used to be somewhat active in this forum, so hello to anyone who knew me. I got lazy a year and a half ago, found stuff I really liked (thanks Buzz), started ordering in year-supply quantities, and quit chatting when I abandoned the experimentation phase.

By the way, congrats to myself, I'm down to less than 1mg (I add .25ml of 100mg to 30ml of 0mg). But I'm not ready to transition to true zero yet, because I need to keep the mental gymnastics of telling myself there is some nic in there. Besides, sub-1mg still feels stronger than a High Strength Blu what with the fog produced by a BP with Ikenvape Fusions on it.

Anyway, here's my deal. I'm a long time Buzz user. When I retired my Buzz Original I bought a Buzz Pro Woody a long time ago whenever they first came out (pictured in my sig :)). Plus I bought a back-up BP, just in case you know. But my BP Woody never died so I never actually used the back up. Recently though, even though my old woody is still going strong, it's gotten ugly and the button is squished to almost flush by now, so I switched over to my nice pretty back-up.

Here's my problem. My good old Woody BP never let a juice leak seep into the works. But my Back-Up BP, after the first good leak, it went schizo and started doing that always on thing with plastic burning smell because of the juice that got in it. I opened it up and it turns out that no matter how tight both the top and underside cap screws are, the center post still has plenty of travel, compromising the seal and allowing leaked juice to get inside. To fix my problem (since I'm a committed leaker), after I cleaned it up, I just switched the top caps from my Woody to my Back-Up.

The top cap that came with my Woody, the center post doesn't have any travel when the screws are tight so leaks don't get inside. I have to be more careful with to make sure the wire doesn't get stressed when I screw the top cap back on, but it's worth it to be leak-proof.

But now that my Woody has the leaky top cap on it, I wonder if there is any way to fix that and eliminate the center post travel? Is the travel in there on purpose to protect the wire? Because I'd rather be leak proof(ish), and I still want to use both my BPs from time to time without worry about leaks. Any tips?

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Uzza!! How great to see you here :)

You can fix the travel in the center pin by putting a small felt or nylon (non metal) washer or o ring under the outer screw. Here's a pic of how each little piece goes together on the top cap, it should give you an idea of the size to look for. If you would rather, you can email Mike notcigs@gmail.com and ask him to have Terri send you a couple of the nylon washers for the top cap.

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
Ok so I had my buzz pro repaired last year both top and bottom chrome caps have been replaced so they are in good condition. It worked fine for a while, and I can't recall the exact sequence of events, but eventually the wire broke off from the ring connector again. So for now I just have it attached directly under the screw and yes, I know this is twisting the wire. It seems to be shorting out somewhere. With no attachment on it, the light turns from red to blue when the button is pressed. As soon as any attachment is screwed on far enough to make contact the light stays red and the device won't fire. Any suggestions before sending it in again? I've done the usual - batteries checked out, cleaned with alcohol, etc...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hi Munch, could be that the wire underneath the cap has a stray strand loose maybe? Otherwise, are you using an adapter? A bum one can cause shorting as well. Might be time to fix that wire. If you are handy at soldering you could ask the shop to send you one of the little ring terminals and do it yourself. Send Mike an email and see what he suggests notcigs@gmail.com

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
Nah, there's barely any wire exposed at all. I did have 2 spare terminals but the wire is so short my crimp job didn't last long - which is depressing considering I was a car stereo and alarm installer for 10 years. What gauge are those tiny ring terminals? Looks smaller than 18. Maybe 22?
Is there supposed to be a washer in between the ring and the bottom of the center pin? I have the wire basically going inside the threaded hole because I assumed that's where it would make contact anyway, and I can't see why the ring connector would need to be isolated from the bottom of the center pin.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina

cosmic charlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Boise ID
Actually it is am original infinity it still works but the connection wires have come loose, years ago I replaced the press fit 510 connection with a 510 adapter but haven't used it since it failed. Was thinking about trying to fit an ego connector in there and sending it in to have eyelets or something installed on the positive connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread