Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
No problem ! sorry it came apart .

The spring on my bottom cap was off center when I first got my Buzz, so I think that the pin just didn't go all the way through the brass bit when it was put together and was pushing the spring off to the side. Now, with the pin flush, the spring is exactly in the center. Eyeballing the placement of the spring might be a quick QC check to make sure the pins are placed correctly before they go out.

I am so glad this was an easy fix - which I probably would have realized if I wasn't so busy freaking out over the prospect of being without my Buzz. This guy has become part of my hand. Time to start saving up for another Buzz... and maybe another one to back up the backup....

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
i did find a work around until my pins get here i just unbent a paperclip lined up the holes on the delrin and metal and poke the paperclip in and turn when i need to change out the batts

Clever idea! Just make sure you don't widen the hole in the delrin cap so the pin will fit nice and snug. I inserted the pin first through the threads and then through the brass bit. That way the delrin cap held the pin straight to go through the brass cap, if you know what I mean.

BTW, an allen wrench (hex key) makes a great offset punch.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
801 Top cap help please

I followed the directions for replacing my BP top cap (510 - 801) all seems to have gone ok I am getting power to the carto etc. My problem is the draw is wayyyyy to tight, so tight I can't draw on it. I'm not tightening down all the way either, and if I back it off, it's loose and has no connection. I can also only screw my fusion on to the threads halfway - whereas on my IP (801 connection) it screws on w/ no threads showing and has a perfect draw. I'm at a loss w/ know clue what the problem is lol.
It did not come with a bottom screw - so I used the one from my 510 cap - but the threading was reversed (for the bottom) I had to use this screw on top and put the top screw on bottom - could this be the problem? it wouldn't work any other way ...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Minx it sounds like you need one of the flatter, slotted screws in the top. You should be able to get one at your local hardware store...it's M2 size :)

I don't have an 801 cap, does it have an o-ring on the outside of the threads? If so, try taking it off and see if that helps. I had to do that on my 901/808 top cap.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Minx it sounds like you need one of the flatter, slotted screws in the top. You should be able to get one at your local hardware store...it's M2 size :)

I don't have an 801 cap, does it have an o-ring on the outside of the threads? If so, try taking it off and see if that helps. I had to do that on my 901/808 top cap.

It came with a slotted one for the top - but my bottom screw (taken from my 510 top) wouldn't work on the bottom on my new cap (the 801) - (the 801 didn't come with a bottom screw of it's own) - Anyway I had to take the top slotted one and put it on the bottom and my bottom (small phillips head) on top - Reading this is sounds confusing lol. Anyway tomorrow we'll head to the hardware store and get some screws and see if I can't fix it up. Thanks for responding Bov!

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
It came with a slotted one for the top - but my bottom screw (taken from my 510 top) wouldn't work on the bottom on my new cap (the 801) - (the 801 didn't come with a bottom screw of it's own) - Anyway I had to take the top slotted one and put it on the bottom and my bottom (small phillips head) on top - Reading this is sounds confusing lol. Anyway tomorrow we'll head to the hardware store and get some screws and see if I can't fix it up. Thanks for responding Bov!

That makes no sense , they are the same size !! I think you might have gotten and OLD style cap , we had to mod the countersink in them to make it deeper ! we might need to swap that one out.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
That makes no sense , they are the same size !! I think you might have gotten and OLD style cap , we had to mod the countersink in them to make it deeper ! we might need to swap that one out.

Before I go on a screw search is there a way to tell the old from new? Or should I just send this one back to you?

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Ok that is the problem ! they were supposed to all be fixed , so this one slipped through the cracks !

Email me so we have your full name etc,. to send you a new one ok ?
sales@notcigs.com

Email inc. I'll drop this one into an envelope and send it back as well. Thanks Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread