Tell me you have an order for Giantomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

emanguba

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Virginia
How many mm did you cut off? Dremel works? Also what are you using for that spacer?

Not sure on the mm...did it by eye.

I used the same pipe cutter as for cutting the CE2's for the MAPs.

And I didn't use any spacers...the pink is just a strip of vinyl that I used to cover up some of the paint that chipped off while twisting it in the pipe cutter.

IMG_20110324_213330.jpg

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
Not sure on the mm...did it by eye.

I used the same pipe cutter as for cutting the CE2's for the MAPs.

And I didn't use any spacers...the pink is just a strip of vinyl that I used to cover up some of the paint that chipped off while twisting it in the pipe cutter.

Thanks again. Duhhh in the main pic it looks like a white washer but now I see :)

Have you done any other mod like cutting the silcone?

emanguba

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Virginia
Have you done any other mod like cutting the silcone?

Yes, but that didn't help anything.

I ended up just doing without the silicone.

I do get some leakage in the 'see through window', but that happens when I tilt to toot.

If you take off the silicone you will see where the plastic is.

I'm thinking of sealing it off somehow...just hadn't had any successful thoughts yet...any ideas?

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
Yes, but that didn't help anything.

I ended up just doing without the silicone.

I do get some leakage in the 'see through window', but that happens when I tilt to toot.

If you take off the silicone you will see where the plastic is.

I'm thinking of sealing it off somehow...just hadn't had any successful thoughts yet...any ideas?

Well for me cutting the silicone has been the only way I can get proper wicking. For me cutting a square notch instead of a V like others are doing seems to work best. I make it as deep as possible but still maintain the rings integrity. Square notch makes sense if you think about it, the wick is round and a a V is gonna pinch the wick.

I suggest you can send me your provari and I will make a solution for you :p

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
Well for me cutting the silicone has been the only way I can get proper wicking. For me cutting a square notch instead of a V like others are doing seems to work best. I make it as deep as possible but still maintain the rings integrity. Square notch makes sense if you think about it, the wick is round and a a V is gonna pinch the wick.

Same here, I shave the openings with a scalpel. Its going to do one of two things no matter what you do, leak a little of burn a little. It is still fluid passing through a hole, there is no exact formula for how much gets through and there is no way to make it the same for every juice and every user varying by puff. I did a blog about this just this morning after being questioned about it. When I was taking the pics you can clearly see that the silicone is clearly pushing down and in on the fibers, I just give them a little more breathing room

if your interrested, Giantomiser and General CE2 minor mod - GIANTOMISERS!! -, Sorry it feels like Ive been posting these everywhere so I dont have to keep typing it over and over

emanguba

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Virginia

Funny guy.

I ended up putting some silicone on the edges of the window to seal it-works for me.

I read that Hairball put some super glue on the inside to seal it-works for her.

For me, I opted not to do that...just paranoid and didn't want to vape super glue.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Funny guy.

I ended up putting some silicone on the edges of the window to seal it-works for me.

I read that Hairball put some super glue on the inside to seal it-works for her.

For me, I opted not to do that...just paranoid and didn't want to vape super glue.

I did a little research on the super glue....internet says it's safe once dry. So is JB weld. So far the glue has been working...no smells or taste from it.

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
I did a little research on the super glue....internet says it's safe once dry. So is JB weld. So far the glue has been working...no smells or taste from it.

This kind of stuff freaks the hell out of me. One day there is going to be a death due to modding and bring scrutiny on the whole vaping thing.

Heated super glue is extremely toxic/caustic. Granted it is going to only be on the outsides but what if a chip came loose, hit the atmizer and you burnt and smoked it. NOT GOOD. NOT RECOMMENDED!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
This kind of stuff freaks the hell out of me. One day there is going to be a death due to modding and bring scrutiny on the whole vaping thing.

Heated super glue is extremely toxic/caustic. Granted it is going to only be on the outsides but what if a chip came loose, hit the atmizer and you burnt and smoked it. NOT GOOD. NOT RECOMMENDED!

I'll search some more. You may be right about that. I was looking at the dry factor. I don't see how it could hit the atomizer but you've made a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread