Temp Control....reasons for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am another person who doesn't use TC all the time, but there are definite benefits. If you are a MTL vaper it can be hard, and I actually had to set up my ramp up wattage and temps fairly on the low side to get things working. SS is useful when first starting out as you can vape in wattage, then play with TC.

You've heard most of the benefits for TC and yes, there is a learning curve, certainly. With that said, it can be a satisfying vape, for sure, with the added benefit that you sort of know with more precision that your e-liquids aren't overheating.

With drop in coils and MTL it's often harder to find a TC capable coil (although there are some out there) but there are also some best practices you can use to keep temps lower in your tanks and be vaping more safely than just chain-vaping on one small MTL device.

There's a huge thread on temp control if you decide you want to do a little research on it I think it's in general vaping forum? I tried searching for it unsuccessfully just now, but you can check out this blog, if you become interested in some of the science and research behind TC vaping, or finding that thread. Just don't let it freak you out, it's just some data points about why TC vaping can be good practice. I didn't use TC for a long time and am still alive, although I do employ "best practices" for temp when I can....
mikepetro's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Best of luck and have fun,

Anna

Reactions: dobroeutro

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm one who uses TC mode almost exclusively.

For MTL or 'toodle puffing' I have KFv5's and Nautilus's (outfitted with RBA), all running under 1 ohm (best check out the power curve/draw on your batteries even in TC mode, IMHO: no need to stuff +1-2ohm in there in TC mode).

For DTL I have dual coil setups, (again) KFv5's and everything else. :)

Currently vaping my only 'factory coil' setup - iJoy Lux with Atlantis Mega outfitted with a Target Nickel/ceramic coil/wick. With unflavored the atomizer has lasted ~6months so far and still going strong.

I hope TC vaping gives you the enjoyment that many of us found in it. (otherwise it can be a PITA)

Reactions: ShowerHead
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread