Tennessee Call to Action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckitt

Aug 28, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Last Action: [04/20/2011] Placed on cal. Agriculture Committee for 4/26/2011

This is what's displayed at Tennessee General Assembly Main Page. DId a search for 1729, and it was placed on Calendar for the committee for the above date. I don't have any other details though, all google searches are just bringing up the PDF.

Tennessee General Assembly » Legislation Lists what actions have been taken on the bill, and when they were taken. They are as follows for today.

HB1729
Placed on cal. Agriculture Committee for 4/26/201104/20/2011Rec. for pass. if am. by s/c ref. to Agriculture Committee

Recommended for passage w/amendments- refer to: Agriculture Committee 4/20/2011
Voice Vote - Ayes Prevail

Spence provided this link http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=112&clip_id=4110 in another thread. Allows you to view the footage from the Hearing by selecting HB1729.

Looks like they passed with an amendment removing sections 11 and 18.

Last edited:

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
So in plain english; ecigs are safe?

In a word, yes. The bill approved today only restricts the sale of e-cigs to minors.

The bill is still moving through various committees, and folks (including the good people from PureSmoker.com) are staying on top of it to make sure that the onerous sections removed today aren't reintroduced.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
Great to hear that!
I don't live in TN but I sent out emails also. Anything to make people think just a little. It looks like some are really hard-nosed about the issue and I'm sure they will do all they can to put it back in there.
Maybe we have all learned after being so passive about our smoking rights, we have to fight to keep our vaping rights! Long live vaping, lol.

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread