• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tentative plans: Vapor Lock Juice Swap & Vape Meet Aug 25, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I have a hh357 atty I use to taste juices. But, I think I overwhelmed it at the last meet. I tried so many juices that now any flavor tastes like yuck. I have tried cleaning it with no luck. Luckily I won some new 510 attys at the last meet. So, I will bring a new fresh one to test out juice. Vapor Lock has a huge variety of new juices for us to try.

I also need some help tomorrow. I typically use a boge and tank combo. The xl boges are not wicking right so I had to go with the shorter ones. My tanks are all made for the bigger dualcartos. I am needing to cut down the carto tubes to fit the little boges. I have a dremel I use to slot the cartos but am not sure how to cut my tanks. Would I just use the same blade? If I bring my dremel is there any chance someone could help me cut them down to size? Or if anyone has a shorter tank you want to sell or trade look me up tomorrow. Thanks.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I'm a full time dripper...

I'm hoping that you have a glass or ceramic drip tip if that HH is not broken in yet...

No, I have a plain ole acryllic drip tip. I've looked and thought about glass or ceramic drip tips, but the thought of putting something like that in my mouth, and have it break......well, not a happy thought!
:laugh:
I haven't used my HH very much, and if anything I kept it overfilled, so I think it should still be good. I didn't use it very much because I was afraid I'd ruin it before I was able to get with someone who 'knew their stuff'.

Last edited:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
I have a hh357 atty I use to taste juices. But, I think I overwhelmed it at the last meet. I tried so many juices that now any flavor tastes like yuck. I have tried cleaning it with no luck. Luckily I won some new 510 attys at the last meet. So, I will bring a new fresh one to test out juice. Vapor Lock has a huge variety of new juices for us to try.

I also need some help tomorrow. I typically use a boge and tank combo. The xl boges are not wicking right so I had to go with the shorter ones. My tanks are all made for the bigger dualcartos. I am needing to cut down the carto tubes to fit the little boges. I have a dremel I use to slot the cartos but am not sure how to cut my tanks. Would I just use the same blade? If I bring my dremel is there any chance someone could help me cut them down to size? Or if anyone has a shorter tank you want to sell or trade look me up tomorrow. Thanks.

I have some plastic Bella tubing that 'might' work. I know they are for regular cartos, just not sure if your end caps will fit on them. I'll bring them and we'll see.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
No, I have a plain ole acryllic drip tip. I've looked and thought about glass or ceramic drip tips, but the thought of putting something like that in my mouth, and have it break......well, not a happy thought!
:laugh:
I haven't used my HH very much, and if anything I kept it overfilled, so I think it should still be good. I didn't use it very much because I was afraid I'd ruin it before I was able to get with someone who 'knew their stuff'.

She sells glass drip tips at Vapor Lock :)

Glock Rock

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2012
Indiana
Well, I can't speak for everyone else but I had a blast and a half! Met plenty of cool people (Yes, even you, Kay!) and our good hosts were awesome. I'm loving my new CE3's and my glass drip tip! I don't think I left until 10:00 or 11:00 and they practically had to kick me out the door :p

I had a lot of fun talking juice and mods with folks and tasted some great mixes that others made. Thanks so much for all the kind words on my juices. I had a few that were my first go at the flavor and I wasn't 100% sure folks would like them. I love being proven wrong, sometimes.

All I can say is that I hope they'll be kind enough to host us again in the future. My only regret is that they aren't anywhere near where I live! I tried to talk them in to moving the shop closer to me (Can't blame me for trying, right?).

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
A big Thanks to VaporLock for hosting todays vape meet. I had a great time meeting up with old friends and making some new ones. If you haven't attended a meet up before, your really missing out on good times. Never fails I learn something newabout vaping at every meetup. One thing about vapers, they will go out of their way to help each other and make everyone feel welcome and glad you came.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Had a great time! xGrex, where you there? Or did you show up after I left? Was really wanting to touch base with you about having a meetup in Terre Haute...anyway, I'll try to get in touch with you. Was wonderful meeting some and seeing others again! Thanks Hoosier for getting this HH357 started for me! I'll give it another go today with the Johnson Creek juice I won last night. And to Glock, sorry, I really didn't mean to 'steal' your juice! lol! The way you put it down on the counter and said anyone could have it, I thought you were just trying to get rid of it.:oops: I will try mixing some orange and cinamon together as it smelled like it would go good with my coffee in the mornings. Thanks VaporLock for having us! Great couple! And sounds like we talked the wife into a Provari last night.:laugh:

Glock Rock

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2012
Indiana
haha it's all good, Kay! If you'd like, I can mix you up a batch with no nic for the next meet we both attend and you can take it home with you! I know you're a no nic kinda gal. I can work with that! Just let me know what PG/VG ratio you'd like and I'll happily hook you up. Most everyone that tried that blend loved it. I think there was 1 or 2 people that didn't care for it and Hoosier made a pained face just at the smell of it. I got a kick out of that :laugh: But by and large, most folks really liked it. Can't please everyone, I suppose!

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Well, since the next meetup is at my house, I won't have to take it far!:laugh:
I'd really like that Glock, and thanks! No worries about Hoosier and his 'pained expression'.....he did the same thing while trying to get the banana flavor out of my HH357 last night!:laugh: There's just no accounting for good juice and SOME people!:rolleyes:

Edited to add: Forgot to say. I'm a 70/30 ratio kinda gal;)

Last edited:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
We sure missed seeing you yesterday byggpoppa! I wouldn't quit my job over it, but maybe you could ask for ONE day off? Specifically September 22nd? That's when the next vapemeet is, and it's at my house in Carbon, Indiana. If you asked now to be off that one day, they couldn't say you didn't give them fair warning.

And it sounds like we'll be starting around 4 pm again....so maybe even if you asked for 1/2 day off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread