Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Hi all,

I've been playing with Clapton coils in my Origen V2 and now V3. The negative screws make it a little difficult to secure the negative legs with the outer wrap still around the inner. Will there be a noticeable difference if I strip back the negative leg to just the inner wire, and secure that?
Yea, I would never clapton my Norbert since you really can't and yes you will have major droppage on your overwrap wire. Grab a Mephisto and Clapton it up. You will be amazed.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
You said 'droppage' - what does that mean? I've got a 28/24 Clapton in the Origen now with the legs bare, so the overwrap stops a millimeter out from the positive and negative. It fires perfectly, flavor is about the same as my normal twisted 28 gauge dual build.

Regarding the Mephisto, I've got a bunch of 3 post clones like it that I've tried Claptons on, but they give a completely different vape to what I prefer from the Origen. Verticals just seem to perform perfectly, and I can't close to that with horizontals, be it regular, parallel, twisted or Clapton.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
You said 'droppage' - what does that mean? I've got a 28/24 Clapton in the Origen now with the legs bare, so the overwrap stops a millimeter out from the positive and negative. It fires perfectly, flavor is about the same as my normal twisted 28 gauge dual build.

Regarding the Mephisto, I've got a bunch of 3 post clones like it that I've tried Claptons on, but they give a completely different vape to what I prefer from the Origen. Verticals just seem to perform perfectly, and I can't close to that with horizontals, be it regular, parallel, twisted or Clapton.

Power droppage. If the outside wrap is not attached to the pos and the neg. If it is firing the same you are good to go. No worries. You have answered your own question.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
So to update the Origen Clapton discussion, here's what I ended up with:

pvxCuZw.jpg

32 gauge over 28 gauge, a much more reasonable pair to get under that screw. Everything works beautifully, I've dry burnt / rewicked a half dozen times now, and it's still glowing like a fresh coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread