Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
This is my first post! But anyways, I recently just bought a new setup from a local vape shop here in Knoxville. I got the Vamo v3 with the Kanger Protank 2. The vamo 510 threading is terrible, period. My cartos and tanks wouldnt screw in properly or even screw in at all. Took it back and got a new one and it's doing it also. And now my pro tank is gurgling and leaking in the mouthpiece terribly, but only when half full. If it's full it works fine. Which is rediculous. I love Knoxville vapor and they are great people and I'm not blaming them at all.

I am very surprised to hear this about a Vamo, as I have not heard any such thing before ... are you sure it was authentic?? Or maybe you bought the kind made from Aluminum Alloy, which is a softer metal?? I have seen these on Fasttech ... I can't imagine what you described happening on stainless steel or chromed brass.

I hope you didn't pay a lot for it, and I don't believe that your experience is typical. And I have read several ppl reporting a gurgling Protank @half full, but mine don't do this. I frequently vape until almost empty.

Blu916

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Sacramento, CA
What type of fluid are you using? If its high VG and the ambient temperature is warm it can cause flooding, used to happen all the time to my Evod's this past summer and that was even with a 50/50 mix, moved up to 70/30 and the flooding went away. I think the Kanger heads as small as they are could use another strip or two of flavor wick, especially with higher VG juices.

Edited to add: Also could occur after vaping for a while if the head/tank is getting to warm from heavy vaping as the heat will thin out the liquid.

Last edited:
What type of fluid are you using? If its high VG and the ambient temperature is warm it can cause flooding, used to happen all the time to my Evod's this past summer and that was even with a 50/50 mix, moved up to 70/30 and the flooding went away. I think the Kanger heads as small as they are could use another strip or two of flavor wick, especially with higher VG juices.

I've been using unicorn blood and ectoplasm both 0 nicotine. From fuzion vaporz

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
This is my first post! But anyways, I recently just bought a new setup from a local vape shop here in Knoxville. I got the Vamo v3 with the Kanger Protank 2. The vamo 510 threading is terrible, period. My cartos and tanks wouldnt screw in properly or even screw in at all. Took it back and got a new one and it's doing it also. And now my pro tank is gurgling and leaking in the mouthpiece terribly, but only when half full. If it's full it works fine. Which is rediculous. I love Knoxville vapor and they are great people and I'm not blaming them at all.

Chinese mods= poor/cheap threading that's all.

While I have a Provari and would recommend it, not everyone has a budget for it. Besides that isn't his only option outside of a Vamo. Plenty of well built Mech's out there as well. The only other VV that I would say that comes close is a Lavatube. JMHO though.
Yeah I've been looking into the lava tube. Provari doesn't really impress me. Bout the same as the vamo, just a little better quality and like three times as much. I'll stick with the crap threads. Hahaha

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Buy a provari.

It would happen on a ProVari to.I know from experience, I would have a perfect vape at night pick up my mod in the morning to have it flooded and gurgeling.I got so sick of it I switched to carto tanks.That is the wisest move I made, I set it down at night and when I pick it up in the morning I can have a vape with y coffee instead of blowing out tanks.

JustMe2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Southern Arizona
I have a Vamo 3 and several kanger protanks but I got tired of having to mess around with them (protanks) to get them to work consistently. I gave up and stopped using them.

Everyone eventually finds something that works for them and for me it was the Anyvapes Davide Glassomizer and Mini Glassomizer.. Ebay has quite a few of them at decent prices too.

Davide Glassomizer | eBay

New Davide Mini Glassomizer New for 2013 6 Piece Tank Anyvape | eBay

and they use the same heads as the Kangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread