classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
thank you, keela! i agree. moderators posting that they have no problems or providing links to other forums does not help and will not contribute to finding a solution.

Whoa !

You are forgetting that Moderators are members/users too, just like everyone else. We do not have any special hook-ups or connections.

But it does seem to be random...I have a cheap compaq presario laptop that I got in 2007.

I get an occasional time out on large threads...

Every once in a while I get a slow refresh, I have found that if I stop the refresh and re-start it...it goes right on fine.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
You are forgetting that Moderators are members/users too, just like everyone else. We do not have any special hook-ups or connections.

But don't you find it interesting ... and you MUST admit that it IS interesting ... that not one mod or admin has ever posted about being on the receiving end of 502s, 504s or 50-second "page loads"*. It's odd. Just odd. I am not saying they do not get them... just that they have not posted about it.

* - It's not a PAGE LOAD PROBLEM! It's establishing a connection to ECF at all. That is NOT "page load"!!!

Try:
Time To First Byte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Whoa !

But it does seem to be random...I have a cheap compaq presario laptop that I got in 2007.

I get an occasional time out on large threads...

Every once in a while I get a slow refresh, I have found that if I stop the refresh and re-start it...it goes right on fine.

But don't you find it interesting ... and you MUST admit that it IS interesting ... that not one mod or admin has ever posted about being on the receiving end of 502s, 504s or 50-second "page loads"*. It's odd. Just odd. I am not saying they do not get them... just that they have not posted about it.

* - It's not a PAGE LOAD PROBLEM! It's establishing a connection to ECF at all. That is NOT "page load"!!!

Try:
Time To First Byte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do...I highlighted what I said.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
We should not need to "stop the refresh and re-start it". When on the 'net, if I click on something, I expect to be taken someplace else without additional finger gymnastics. Or skeletonizing.

Skeleton-at-computer-tingling-in-arms-and-hands-300x248.jpg

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
classy, since i don't know much about the technical aspects all i can say is i don't believe it's random. but rather one of ecf's servers is not doing the right thing. i believe there are either 3 or 4 servers now, so anybody has a 1:3 chance to get caught. my getting about 10 504 errors and about 3 502 bad gateway errors yesterday cannot be random. something is not right and when i read through some threads this morning i realized i was not alone and it lasted into the night.
running ff 14 with no-script i get an idea where the bottlenecks are. in the past i have seen long page load times caused by skype and pb that is completely different from ''waiting on ecf.com''.
if you, jonnymaestro, caridwen and spaky have been so lucky as to not experience this count your blessings because it is sheer torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread