Terrible lag loading posts & threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
Just adding my take. I was pretty much gone for a few weeks, barely ever around enough to care how fast it loaded. With a fresh view, I can say although I love this forum, the load times are often truly tedious. I hope that the techs in charge can find a way to repair it. If I were new, I don't know how much patience I would have. Come to think of it, I really admire the newbies who stick it out- they are tough little nuts!

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Now how is that a reasonable comparison?

1rxh54.jpg

292a0wh.jpg

There's a 1335.702 % difference in the membership between the two forums you compared.
Current members online ECF 1,600+
Current members online at NuVapor 260

The performance problems at ECF have absolutely nothing to do with traffic or the number of users registered or online. It has very very little to do with the number of threads or posts. It has everything to do with the hardware resources, the database tuning, and the forum software coding.

Forums that are orders of magnitude larger in membership and activity than ECF operate without the constant, day after day, month after month, performance issues here.

You may both be fine moderators and want to defend your home forum, but it is clearly apparent that you have no idea regarding the technical issues underlying ECF's problems. And just as my previous post didn't address you, it also should not have addressed Sarge. You are all content managers and moderators, not technical staff.

But it is also becoming apparent to me that Roly and his tech staff are incompetent, and Smokey Joe should do something about that.

I mentioned Nu-Vapor because that is an fine example of where ECF's vendors and membership have been and will continue to migrate.

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.
View attachment 129126

I give up again...........I'm going to play some

114xappws.png

I'm getting to many 504's!!!
T-Rex.gif

:laugh:Close:laugh::laugh:The Grand-girl name is Olamina.
Gateway kicked me out of your gated community a few minutes
ago. Am I not welcome?:blush::(

YEAH, what you said. I've seen slow but It died and had me checking out my computer. If this is what you were saying

thanks, & yeah I kept getting sucked in to the vicious 504 cycle
thsmiley-twister-1.gif
so wasn't sure I wanted to go "round again" to check back ...so just checked saved board link & posted.

since we have been told that the problems must exist for only a few and might be related to our computers and/or internet connections, i am taking the liberty of quoting a few posts i ran across this morning checking just one thread.
most members do not take the time to report in here, they get discouraged and stop participating ......

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
since we have been told that the problems must exist for only a few and might be related to our computers and/or internet connections, i am taking the liberty of quoting a few posts i ran across this morning checking just one thread.
most members do not take the time to report in here, they get discouraged and stop participating ......

And we get replies like #244... yet again.
:: additional commentary removed - check edit history ::

johnnymaestro

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
Replies like if someone does not see it, then it does not exist.

This, and past threads about the problem, have been filled with them.

Read back.

I don't think that's what she's saying, Silverbear. She's saying it seems random. It is random. I didn't have any lag issues myself and I typically don't when others do. She didn't say it doesn't exist.

I don't know what the issue is, Cari doesn't either. To me and her both it seems random. Neither of us are tech staff or know any more regarding forum lag issues than the typical user.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011

Problem is that it's not JUST slow page loads....the gateway errors have increased 20 fold or better for so many...and it's all across the country. A slight delay in page load I can deal with, but I'm constantly getting 50 sec page loads....that's not slight. And then so many 504 Gateway timeouts, I've lost count...and that was JUST yesterday. I couldn't tell you how many I've had over the past week or so. And it's not thread specific....even this one timed out on me numerous times last night. It's just frustrating. I love and adore this forum and it's become such a frustration as of late. On top of my own frustrations, I am seeing dear friends less and less due to their frustrations....and Many many many talking about leaving all together. It's quite heart breaking :cry:

With so many on this forum with experience in servers and maintaining a large forum, I'd love to see some minds picked in an attempt to resolve the issues that are obvious to so many of us. If those on staff to maintain the integrity of this forum (meaning the behind the scenes staffers....not the moderators) cannot figure out what the issues are, they REALLY need to take a deep breath and just ask for some help.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I don't think that's what she's saying, Silverbear. She's saying it seems random. It is random. I didn't have any lag issues myself and I typically don't when others do. She didn't say it doesn't exist.

I don't know what the issue is, Cari doesn't either. To me and her both it seems random. Neither of us are tech staff or know any more regarding forum lag issues than the typical user.

i don't think it's random but, i agree, it doesn't affect all. one thing for sure though, it gets very frustrating for those who have this problem to be told over and over again "i have no lag" - that really doesn't help.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Problem is that it's not JUST slow page loads....the gateway errors have increased 20 fold or better for so many...and it's all across the country. A slight delay in page load I can deal with, but I'm constantly getting 50 sec page loads....that's not slight. And then so many 504 Gateway timeouts, I've lost count...and that was JUST yesterday. I couldn't tell you how many I've had over the past week or so. And it's not thread specific....even this one timed out on me numerous times last night. It's just frustrating. I love and adore this forum and it's become such a frustration as of late. On top of my own frustrations, I am seeing dear friends less and less due to their frustrations....and Many many many talking about leaving all together. It's quite heart breaking :cry:

With so many on this forum with experience in servers and maintaining a large forum, I'd love to see some minds picked in an attempt to resolve the issues that are obvious to so many of us. If those on staff to maintain the integrity of this forum (meaning the behind the scenes staffers....not the moderators) cannot figure out what the issues are, they REALLY need to take a deep breath and just ask for some help.

thank you, keela! i agree. moderators posting that they have no problems or providing links to other forums does not help and will not contribute to finding a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread