Not open for further replies.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Okay so after the long journey from the outer moon of Pluto yesterday I got my Teslacigs Punk, I love this thing. So I tossed on my Apoc rda with Dual 26 AWG SS 316L 8 Wrap signal spaced coils, set the TCR to 115 and locked the temp at 400F and the wattage to 55 I have been enjoying it then I noticed the temp is sometimes jumping to 420F when I am taking a hit, and I have made sure that my temp is locked. Anyone know what is going on did I miss a setting? I have checked the book and can not see anything and my Google-Fu is only turning up reviews. so please help I don't think it should be doing this or am I wrong?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Okay so after the long journey from the outer moon of Pluto yesterday I got my Teslacigs Punk, I love this thing. So I tossed on my Apoc RDA with Dual 26 AWG SS 316L 8 Wrap signal spaced coils, set the TCR to 115 and locked the temp at 400F and the wattage to 55 I have been enjoying it then I noticed the temp is sometimes jumping to 420F when I am taking a hit, and I have made sure that my temp is locked. Anyone know what is going on did I miss a setting? I have checked the book and can not see anything and my Google-Fu is only turning up reviews. so please help I don't think it should be doing this or am I wrong?
Add TC to the title. Might get answers faster. Sorry but I'm not familiar enough with tc to help.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
I seldom use tc but will say I've not had that happen. Maybe try a reset on the mod, I've had that work before.
how do you reset it?

You may have the initial wattage set too high. Try lowering the start to something 10-20% higher than what you'd normally vape with on that coil.
I get the same thing on my Hadaly with a .4 ohm coil have wattage set at 30W and still going over the 400 degrees

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Never had a mod I couldn't reset. Does it offer firmware updates. If it does you should be able to reset that way.
I thought it did but not look like it nothing is showing up on teslacigs.com

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
how do you reset it?

I get the same thing on my Hadaly with a .4 ohm coil have wattage set at 30W and still going over the 400 degrees
Hmmm... I'm assuming 30W is where you like it. Your mod may be telling you that 30 is too high for the temp you've set.

When it crosses the threshold of your set wattage, it's supposed to throttle back. However, with a dual coil, your build may not respond as quickly as you want, and the temp may spike a bit over the threshold.

Here's a plot of my Moonshot 24mm on my Ikonn 220.

Ikonn220-60.JPG

SS316 26ga. 2.8mm with 10 wraps each, dual coil. Similar to yours. The blue line near the top is the temp setting. The jagged red line is the temperature calculated by the mod. It jumps up and down around the set temp. Look where the power starts and where it ends.

So, it's not unusual for the temp to jump over the threshold as long as it comes back down, and I was surprised at how little power was needed after the coil reached the sweet spot temperature-wise.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
BTW, I used NFE Tools and the Device Monitor feature. I recorded from the monitor tool and imported the data into Excel for the chart.

NFE Tools comes with the Arctic Fox firmware package for JoyeTech, Eleaf, Wismec and Vapor Flask devices.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Yeah I have been wondering about other firmware but been chicken to try it since until now I only had one mod and I may try Arctic Fox on my JoyeTech it is just the Tesla that I am trying to work out I mean temp protect shows up on my JoyeTech without it jumping over the temp setting but if I understand what you have said that the Joyetech could be lying to me and going over and just not showing it?

• Agree

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Have you tried to set the TCR to .00092

Tried it and still going over even tried things in SS 316 mode and still get the same thing. maybe I do need to play with wattage more like The Dude said maybe I do have it too high but that is what I ran my JoyeTech at so kinda just went from there two different devices could be that different I guess.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will say Tesla converts power extremely efficiently. I don't know how they do it, but 7 watts on my punk or Steampunk is NOT equal to 7 watts on anything else. So try reducing your initial wattage a bit more. Sorry I didn't think of this before telling you to start this thread, I just TOTALLY didn't think of it. I don't know if it reads "temp" high too, but it's possible it might. So, I'd continue to play around with ramp up wattage and maybe lower your TC "threshold" a bit. See if it improves the experience. My temps are so puny that I don't think I've run into this issue, but I'm used to starting out with lower thresholds on teslacigs mods. If you are comparing it to the Pico, I think it is, well I didn't care for my pico that did TC, (and generally) but I think it's a far less powerful vape per watt, comparatively and also I found myself without great battery life.

This idea just jumped into my mind when someone told you to turn down the wattage. Turn down wattage more, and TC slightly lower. See how you do.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread