Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Anyone try this yet? If not I'm throwing it out there for folks to try. We all know increasing surface area increases vapor and flavor. Been doing this for about a week now and I have to say it works well. Using a v3 hana with an atomic and no other coil has given me the flavor of this textured kanthal. So far it has improved the performance of 24, 26 and 28ga kanthals and rene wire. Maybe its just in my head. Lol. The way I've been doing it is laying my wire on a patio brick and then using another brick to roll the wire back and forth creating a scuffed up and pitted wire. You can see in the pic that my wire is no longer smooth and pretty. All those scuffs and pits are what increases the overall surface area. Then I just torch and wrap as usual.
3edy3u2a.jpg

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Eh did the flat ribbon wire. Doesn't cut it for me. Twisted 28 is great but on some of my setups I just don't want too low of resistance. And ya I know. I've tried 30 and 32 twisted. Double, tripled. Dual twisted with flat in the middle. Twisted 28 does the best for me. Sure I can increase the size to increase the resistance but then you run in to it not fitting in the atty or firing too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread