Status
Not open for further replies.

Girod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Austin, TX
Hi all,

I've been happily vaping TFA Lychee straight at 7% 70vg/30pg 3 mg, and thinking about what to add to it. I tried a bit of FA Lemon and FW Lemonade, but it didn't do anything noticeable. So I searched to see if anyone else had a recipe, and I only see Lychee as a bit player in other recipes.

So am I nuts for liking Lychee straight?

Same thing goes for TFA Acai and TFA Nectarine. I can't think of anything to add to them, but considering using real lemon juice. I don't see any need for sweetener, and I don't have sweet and tart but would consider ordering some.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
:pThis is the only recipe I have jotted down with Lychee as an ingredient ( not my recipe ) and I haven't tried it either....I know, I'm alot of help....
5% TFA pear
3% TFA bavarian cream
2% Cap coconut
3% TFA lychee

At some point I may actually try this... Right now I have about 30 ten ml. samples I am playing with

:toast:

Reactions: Rin13

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
It is sort of the missing note in a number of fruit recipes. While low in percentage it rounds out the flavors nicely. But citrus doesn't seem like one of them to me?

I have only goofed around with it a little. It plays well with raspberry mango and I want to try it with pomegranate. I just have too many other flavors to goof off with right now

Girod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Austin, TX
I think I have come to the same conclusion as what Sketchness stated. I found a mix I liked with 6% Watermelon, 3% Lychee, 1% whipped cream and 1% cotton candy (all TFA). Then I started plugging in other flavors in place of Watermelon to the same formula and it worked pretty well. Strawberry Ripe, Raspberry Sweet, heck even pineapple and orange. The only one I've tried that didn't work as well (but was still vapable) was Nectarine, it tasted pretty muted, while with the others it seemed to enhance the primary flavor. I guess I could try kicking up the Nectarine a bit, but I am still trying new combinations.

I succumb to vaper's tongue with this mix though, it's nice switching back and forth but if I stick to one for more than a tank or two (Lemo/Lemo 2) the flavors fade in a way that doesn't happen with straight Lychee.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't have any DIY experience with Lychee.. but I love Lychee juices (and I love it straight too).

I had a great Lychee/Strawberry/Green Tea blend once (Bridsnest Elixer).
I've also had a couple great Lychee/Coconut blends.
AIV has a Lychee/Rose/Raspberry/Almond blend. Great idea, but the rose was a little over powering for me.
I bet it would also pair well with Papaya, mango, etc. The pear idea also sounds great.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I bet it would also pair well with Papaya, mango, etc. The pear idea also sounds great.
Yep, I agree :) Haven't tried with Pear, yet, but I'm currently toying with a mix of Lychee and Mango. Still experimenting with the exact percentages, but my latest mix is approx. 5% Lychee, 5% Mango, 4% White Tea and a touch of sweetener

Girod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Austin, TX
Here is one that I like: All TFA flavors

Juicy Peach 6%

Dragonfruit 6 %

Lychee 4 %

Pomegranate 2%

Sweetener 2%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

What do you think of substituting TFA Nectarine for Juicy Peach in that one? I have everything except the Juicy Peach, and I like the nectarine in general. I'll have to give it a try and see...

Reactions: mommabird62

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I hope this isn't a TFA only list, but I've tried them all (lychee or Litchi) and TFA is very unique although not my favorite but simply because the others are more like the fruit.
Cap's has a good one, and also Flavour art, and Hangsens, and Dekang.
They mix well with Mango- and I usually add a cream to smooth it out.
I agree with the post that Lychee is a good secret ingred. to round out a fruit mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread