TFV8 tank issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
I recently bought some replacement coils for my smok tv8f tank. The Q2 0.4ohm type. Looks legit with scratch off on back of box.

The issue I'm getting is that that I taste juice being sucked up via the mouth piece and into my mouth. So as I was cleaning my 8 hour old coil tank pipe I noticed black stuff on paper towel. Is this normal? I'm vaping 70 /30 vapecraft juice. Mod is set at 25W.

The black stuff and also the original issue of juice being drawn into my mouth on every vape is my concern. Thanks.
20180703_110857.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The black stuff is likely burnt juice. All coils will do this. The juice you use will determine how fast it happens. The sweeter the juice, the faster it happens, and most pre made and premium juices are very sweet.

Where did you get your coils? There are fake coils out there that are very hard to tell the difference from authentic coils. Ebay, amazon, wish, and places like that sell tons of fake coils and will list them as authentic. Best to buy from trusted vendors of vape supplies.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
I have both the Smok Prince TFV12 Prince & Baby Prince. I've been having good success with their tanks & coils. Yes, you get a little bit of leakage out the bottom of the coil into the air chamber but, it hasn't been a deal breaker. At first, I was burning through the coils but, after turning the wattage to the minimum per the coil and, setting the pre-heat to 'soft' the coils last much longer...at least a week or more.

I also use an Eleaf IJust S tank with Vaporesso ccell ceramic coils...if you want a long lasting coil, I don't know there's any that last longer than these Vaporesso's. I've had them go strong for weeks at a time.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Didn't make a difference, if anything at a higher wattage more popping exacerbated the mouth piece filling with juice. My take, duff batch of coils. One of them even wouldn't thread in correctly.

That does not surprise me, you never know what you are actually getting when you buy coil heads from ebay. The scratch off code on my fakes came up as authentic even. But the colors on the box were wrong, and some of the text on the box was the wrong font. I would try buying from a reputable dealer (not ebay), you may pay more but you will probably have a much better experiance.

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
The other problem I see is, that coil starts to work well at 40 watts. These drop in coils don't work well at low wattage. I have 3 of the tfv8 and 1 tvfv12 all will give raw juice at low watts.
Yeah I noticed that also.
I just tried another coil and guess what ? The coil would thread. I purchase these from my go to seller on Ebay. I've always been happy with all the various other coils I had bought from them. Never any issues. Also the scratch and authenticity seems legit . Not unless the box was original and contents fake.

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Sometimes, Smok just sends out bad batches.

It's entirely possible that you got one, OR that they're counterfeit, I couldn't say. But good luck, I might try another vendor, and I'm not sure if this smok tank is one of the ones that has an RBA deck (I don't do smok) but you may want to look into that if you feel courageous, and etc.

If not, well the Crown Uwell (original) seems to get some mad love from its users, it takes drop in coils of a variety of sorts. I don't sub0hm myself so I can't say much more than that.

Good luck though.

Anna
I would not do that,the rba's from Smok use press fit posts. Fire them 3 times the posts come loose and you get a dead short. I did 2 test fires each on my tab and then transferred the tanks to the mods. Presto! 2 burned kits and $170.00 down the drain! None of the shops in our valley carry Smok rebuildables of any kind as their Q.C. can't be trusted.
IMG_20180611_215921.jpg

• Informative

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
All I wanted was a coil and large tank that lasts more than 4 days without leaking or drinking juice. Oh well...

Clr coils work great but die in two days. Kanger Clapton and occ and such leak like a ..... at the vents holes. Aspire Atlantis works ok and lasts as does isub g coils.
The cubis tank is like sucking air through a closed straw .

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
I have both the Smok Prince TFV12 Prince & Baby Prince. I've been having good success with their tanks & coils. Yes, you get a little bit of leakage out the bottom of the coil into the air chamber but, it hasn't been a deal breaker. At first, I was burning through the coils but, after turning the wattage to the minimum per the coil and, setting the pre-heat to 'soft' the coils last much longer...at least a week or more.

I also use an Eleaf IJust S tank with Vaporesso ccell ceramic coils...if you want a long lasting coil, I don't know there's any that last longer than these Vaporesso's. I've had them go strong for weeks at a time.
The smok prince coils you mentioned don't work on my smok do they?

The only coils that lasted a week or more for me were the aspire Atlantis coils , but don't get much cloud vapor on them. Isub G was good also but tank was tiny.
I always make sure to follow correct protocol when using new coils. Prime, wait till tank wait, then after about ten or so mins low wattage and follow through with inhaling a little to soak the wick up then once done bump up the power a bit.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
The smok prince coils you mentioned don't work on my smok do they?

The only coils that lasted a week or more for me were the aspire Atlantis coils , but don't get much cloud vapor on them. Isub G was good also but tank was tiny.
I always make sure to follow correct protocol when using new coils. Prime, wait till tank wait, then after about ten or so mins low wattage and follow through with inhaling a little to soak the wick up then once done bump up the power a bit.

The 'Baby' Prince tank uses the same coils as the TFV8 tank...have you tried the TFV8 mesh coils?

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The Q2 .4ohm coil recommend wattage range is 40 to 80 watts with optimal being 55 to 65 watts, at 25 watts i would expect to be drinking juice not vaping it. Try hitting as close to 55 as you can take. Seems like at 25 watts you would be getting leaking too. The coil will saturate and at 25 watts you are not heating it enough to use up all the liquid it wicks.

• Useful

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
That does not surprise me, you never know what you are actually getting when you buy coil heads from ebay. The scratch off code on my fakes came up as authentic even. But the colors on the box were wrong, and some of the text on the box was the wrong font. I would try buying from a reputable dealer (not ebay), you may pay more but you will probably have a much better experiance.
I've always had my suspicions about those alleged authentic scratch off codes.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread