TFV8 tank issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I recently bought some replacement coils for my smok tv8f tank. The Q2 0.4ohm type. Looks legit with scratch off on back of box.

The issue I'm getting is that that I taste juice being sucked up via the mouth piece and into my mouth. So as I was cleaning my 8 hour old coil tank pipe I noticed black stuff on paper towel. Is this normal? I'm vaping 70 /30 vapecraft juice. Mod is set at 25W.

The black stuff and also the original issue of juice being drawn into my mouth on every vape is my concern. Thanks. View attachment 752061

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
When your wattage is too low you will get spit back Vape it at the lowest recommended wattage and you will be fine

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sometimes, Smok just sends out bad batches.

It's entirely possible that you got one, OR that they're counterfeit, I couldn't say. But good luck, I might try another vendor, and I'm not sure if this smok tank is one of the ones that has an RBA deck (I don't do smok) but you may want to look into that if you feel courageous, and etc.

If not, well the Crown Uwell (original) seems to get some mad love from its users, it takes drop in coils of a variety of sorts. I don't sub0hm myself so I can't say much more than that.

Good luck though.

Anna

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
The Q2 .4ohm coil recommend wattage range is 40 to 80 watts with optimal being 55 to 65 watts, at 25 watts i would expect to be drinking juice not vaping it. Try hitting as close to 55 as you can take. Seems like at 25 watts you would be getting leaking too. The coil will saturate and at 25 watts you are not heating it enough to use up all the liquid it wicks.
Didn't make a difference, if anything at a higher wattage more popping exacerbated the mouth piece filling with juice. My take, duff batch of coils. One of them even wouldn't thread in correctly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread