• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Thanks all for getting this Group Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Nashville TN
I may not should have posted here. I'm starting a business and it may be a bit in the public eye and my real name or location is no secret. So I erased what I had. Let me only say I used to drink, I don't anymore, and my life is incredibly better for it. It was mostly due to a lot of really wonderful people. If you want to know how, just ask ;)

Oh, and this is just a little something I came across while surfing :p

11.—Our relations with the general public should be characterized by personal anonymity. We think A.A. ought to avoid sensational advertising. Our names and pictures as A.A. members ought not be broadcast, filmed, or publicly printed. Our public relations should be guided by the principle of attraction rather than promotion. There is never need to praise ourselves. We feel it better to let our friends recommend us.

Last edited:

phillyd

ECF Veteran
Hi everyone, my name is Phil and I am a Vapoholic and a greatful recovered alcoholic 05/05/2006. It is great to see that this site is here and that maybe we can all help each other quit the hardest addiction of all....Cigarettes... I have been smoking for 27yrs and finally just relied on a Joye 510 to quit Nov.1,09. I cant get over how smooth it is going. I had "expectations" lol of it being alot worse. I wish I had better liquid though. Any input on who has the best vapor and flavor?

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
Ronnie A. here from Waco,TX. It's good to find this sub-forum. Sober since 7/27/99 and am grateful. Oh yeah, I'm a recovered addict and alcoholic. Haha.

There's no such thing as a RECOVERED alcoholic/addict! We're RECOVERING for the rest of our lives.

The difference between a recovering and a recovered alcoholic is......a recoverED alcoholic is no longer breathing! ;)

mischief

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
St Augustine, FL, USA
Hi, my name is Claudia and I'm an alcoholic. I started AA in 1989 and was sober for 4 years. Started drinking again in 1994 and continued until 2006.
In the past 3 years, I have slipped about 3 times. Each slip lasted for only one night, thank God. And of course, I always excused myself by saying I was just being sociable. It is wonderful to know there are some other "Friends" on the board!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread