that does not use pg,vg,peg that is small

Status
Not open for further replies.

menlocare

Apr 24, 2018
O.K. i have sore throat issues with pg and vg. I want to buy the iolite but it seems a bit big, i don't like the butane idea, the unit gets "hot", and it makes noise. I would like an ecig type model that does not use pg,vg. These chemicals seem to aggravate most people's throats if not permanently, at least initially. THe pg and vg are "humectants" and dry out our mucus membranes...

Any company that can make this product is going to be a very rich IMHO.:thumbs:

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I wouldn’t say most people’s, though everyone is different. I suppose you could try water. It won’t produce any visible vapor though. Also there’s dry herb. The concept that pg and VG are more irritating than cigarette smoke seems bizarre to me personally. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen though I guess.

• Agree

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
O.K. i have sore throat issues with pg and vg. I want to buy the iolite but it seems a bit big, i don't like the butane idea, the unit gets "hot", and it makes noise. I would like an ecig type model that does not use pg,vg. These chemicals seem to aggravate most people's throats if not permanently, at least initially. THe pg and vg are "humectants" and dry out our mucus membranes...

Any company that can make this product is going to be a very rich IMHO.:thumbs:
Hi and welcome.
How long did you smoke and how many cigarettes per day?
It sounds like you want an oral spray or a nicotine patch.

Cheers
I

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
WISPR 2 - Our Vaporizers

Had to look that up, never heard of it. ( It does nothing for me, personally, and I caution anyone else who hasn’t seen it either, think twice before you click the link. Once seen it can’t be unseen. )

There are a lot of reasons you might have a sore throat, but if you sincerely want to pass on both vg and pg, that will eliminate most of your vaping options- that is to say, that’s what juice is.

Tell us more about yourself and maybe we’ll come up with recommendations.

How long/ much do (did) you smoke?
Are you vaping now, and what? ( device, juice, nic?)
What direction do you think you’d like to go? ( pods? Aios?) and to what end? ( smoking cessation? Clouds? Flavor? Just because?)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know a sore throat isn't unusual when transitioning, right? I mean, how long has it been going on, how much did you smoke, etc? Cigarettes have humectants in them so they sliiiide right down your throat. My sore throat got WORSE when I started vaping for about a week (I was a 3 ppd smoker). I did wind up PG sensitive in the end, but I made it work. Also, the sore throat would have happened no matter what, I think. I mean... PG is drying and vaping generally is drying.

Before trying to find/create a vape that doesn't really exist, I'd be more inclined to experiment more with your ratios and drink 3 times more than usual, and use lozenges and oral spray to keep your mouth hydrated.

My best remedy was chamomile tea, with honey and lemon. The tea calmed me down and kept me vaping, honey soothes and clings to your throat, and also, lemon will clear up any mucus.

This could be nothing more than the quitting effect, in all honesty.

Vaping stably is GREAT, the transition is NOT always great.

Anna

Reactions: DeloresRose

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
It appears (from my very limited understanding), the the OP is interested in "alternative" dry (plant) material types of vaporizers... and not the more popular/common liquid vaporizers used by the majority here on ECF.

A couple of quick ECF searches for "iolite," and "wispr" turned up a few older (2011 and earlier) discussions; but nothing after that.

These "dry" devices seem (to me) to push the boundries of forum rules:

34. Electronic cigarette definition
(EDIT)
b. They are electrical or electronic in design and function, do not contain or use any tobacco, and there is no combustion and no smoke. They supply a flavored water-based aerosol vapor that may or may not contain nicotine.
(EDIT)
d. ECF does not allow or support the use or discussion of use of any substances that we consider unconnected to normal e-cigarette use or generally recognized as illegal. ECF is a single-topic resource and that topic is the e-cigarette.
e. Members may not discuss non-legal non-consumer drugs.

With that understanding; ECF may not bee the appropriate forum for seeking this kind of information and advise.

• Useful

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    There seems to be no rule against discussing iQOS, which is a tobacco vaporizer. If you're going to get rid of (most of) the PG and VG, you either need another liquid or no liquid. ;) I have tried a cheap dry vaporizer with tobacco(!) and got a great taste -- once. As well as the other issues with it, I think it accumulated bad taste. I think there's a reason iQOS does the vaporizing within the disposable "heat stick".

I had a lot of throat issues when I started and that was one reason I quit the first try. The second try, better hardware did help but it still was rough. But once I started smoking far less, soon my throat got better. Also there are nic salts now which allow more nic with less throat hit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread