That Feeling When.. (also, MyBlu kits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
The post office gets one of my packages after the mail truck already left to deliver stuff.. Looks like I'm waiting another day to get my cheapo mod, even though the post office has it today..
At least I'm getting some MyBlu kits today, so I'll have some new toys anyways (3 kits arriving today to be exact lol, and 2 more that should either be here tomorrow or Saturday)
What is everyone's opinion on the gold leaf flavor that comes in the $1 promotional kits? Don't think I'm a huge fan of tobacco flavors (the ones I've tried seemed a little artificial and harsh. Recommendations of a good tobacco flavor would be appreciated btw ;))
But hell, I'll end up vaping through it to refill em, even if it's a little raunchy, so not like it really matters lol :)

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I had vape mail once that had an expected delivery on a Saturday. It arrived in my town at about 4:00 am Thursday. I was so excited. It then bounced back and forth between the post office distribution center to my post office numerous times and was then finally delivered...on Saturday.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
I had vape mail once that had an expected delivery on a Saturday. It arrived in my town at about 4:00 am Thursday. I was so excited. It then bounced back and forth between the post office distribution center to my post office numerous times and was then finally delivered...on Saturday.
Damn, I guess they didn't lie about the expected delivery day. I'm always a little worried that a package I order is gonna be looped around. Do you remember if the package was worth the wait at least? :)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Unless it's broken.

I'm sorry that just slipped out! I'm sure it's fine and not broken at all.

LOL, it is a Blu though.

I'm sorry that just slipped out! It'll be great, I'm sure!

I think this weird state may be called "jealousy" and I apologize. I hope everything arrives and that you have an awesome experience.

Anna

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
The gold leaf is good to me, but reviews are mixed for sure, haha. It’s a bit harsh at 24mg but tastes like an old school 555 to me, a very nutty tobacco. For $1, you can’t beat the kit, although again, reviews are mixed. Some people love them (me!) and some people hate them with a lot of folks in between. Fun for a $1 though.

My favorite tobacco flavor has always been and always will be RY4. Caramel vanilla tobacco, although it’s just its own great flavor to me when it’s a good brand/version. Good luck!

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
The gold leaf is good to me, but reviews are mixed for sure, haha. It’s a bit harsh at 24mg but tastes like an old school 555 to me, a very nutty tobacco. For $1, you can’t beat the kit, although again, reviews are mixed. Some people love them (me!) and some people hate them with a lot of folks in between. Fun for a $1 though.

My favorite tobacco flavor has always been and always will be RY4. Caramel vanilla tobacco, although it’s just its own great flavor to me when it’s a good brand/version. Good luck!
Lol glad to hear you like the gold leaf juice, because I sure dont haha. I had to empty all of my pods and refill them, but I haven't found a tobacco flavor I've really enjoyed. I kept the juice though, put it in a glass dripper bottle. Maybe I can use it for mixing, because when the other kits arrive thats like 10ml total of the stuff. Hate to waste juice, especially because of all the nicotine in it :)

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Lol glad to hear you like the gold leaf juice, because I sure dont haha. I had to empty all of my pods and refill them, but I haven't found a tobacco flavor I've really enjoyed. I kept the juice though, put it in a glass dripper bottle. Maybe I can use it for mixing, because when the other kits arrive thats like 10ml total of the stuff. Hate to waste juice, especially because of all the nicotine in it :)

I will warn you that it’s a strong taste, even when mixing. Sometimes I’ll add RY4 when these pods are like half empty just to lower the nic and pg a bit, and that gold leaf flavor holds on until every drop is gone, haha.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
. I just had a package delivered to the wrong address and now I'm out my money and my vape mail :(

That sucks. If it's any consolation, you are handling it better than I did when it happened to me. I went on a few months Gearbest rant about their TOS and whatnot, even though it was ENTIRELY my fault (I used paypal after a long break, not realizing that I had not updated my address). This was pointed out to me (my fault) and that it was in the TOS (it was, which I had not read) and I pointed out that yes, they were in the right 100% which was why I didn't like, pursue the matter.

I still secretly hate gearbest though. That kind of thing I hold a grudge over big time, and this sounds like it wasn't even your fault.

I still stand by my outrage though because I don't care whose fault it was. If Gearbest had messed up MY address, I bet they wouldn't have been "Oh, let me refund ALL your money and also send you your vape for free, because mistakes happen." I am 100% sure that would not have been their response, even though it was My response to them, and two other merchants just didn't even CHARGE me to ship it again..... But no. LOL.

Gearbest… Not for the ADHD of D.

Anna

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
I will warn you that it’s a strong taste, even when mixing. Sometimes I’ll add RY4 when these pods are like half empty just to lower the nic and pg a bit, and that gold leaf flavor holds on until every drop is gone, haha.
It is indeed very strong, I could tell by the way it stayed in the wick.. vaping through it was almost a little nauseating to me lol. But I could see it being a nice background note at a low percent with something else, I'll have to try some experiments:)

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
That sucks. If it's any consolation, you are handling it better than I did when it happened to me. I went on a few months Gearbest rant about their TOS and whatnot, even though it was ENTIRELY my fault (I used paypal after a long break, not realizing that I had not updated my address). This was pointed out to me (my fault) and that it was in the TOS (it was, which I had not read) and I pointed out that yes, they were in the right 100% which was why I didn't like, pursue the matter.

I still secretly hate gearbest though. That kind of thing I hold a grudge over big time, and this sounds like it wasn't even your fault.

I still stand by my outrage though because I don't care whose fault it was. If Gearbest had messed up MY address, I bet they wouldn't have been "Oh, let me refund ALL your money and also send you your vape for free, because mistakes happen." I am 100% sure that would not have been their response, even though it was My response to them, and two other merchants just didn't even CHARGE me to ship it again..... But no. LOL.

Gearbest… Not for the ADHD of D.

Anna
Damn, sounds kinda like there's some shady practices there. Definitely don't blame you for holding a grudge because I'm sure plenty of vendors wouldn't be that strict with a small mistake. Another vendor I won't be visiting lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread