That first cigarette of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki_marie228

Oct 22, 2012
San Diego
Remember it is just a much habit as it is addiction. In the beginning I had the old fashioned "full flavor" flavor and I would go outside with it on each of my smoke breaks as I normally would do. Once I got over the hump I started with the fruity flavors and vaping indoors.. And I do still go down on my "smoke breaks" with my PV when I'm at work. Doing it this way has allowed me to be analog free since I started vaping, a month and a half now. In fact still have that pack of analogs in my truck I have not even been tempted to touch.. Hope that helped.. Good luck :) by the way I smoked for 14 years and a pack a day.. Soooo I know you can do it don't give up! :D

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Why guys,

In the last week since I've been back on my pv, I've knocked my analogue US down from 20 rollies a day (without pv) to 10 last week and now 5 a day. That pesky first one in a morning really gets to me though! If im honest, the first 2 of the day- one while the kettle boils and one after I've drunk my tea.

Keep your pv fully charged and filled with juice so its ready to go in the morning then chain vape for 20 minutes.The urge will pass.

Do any of you have any advice for overcoming it? The rest of the time isn't too much of an issue and i keep thinking 'rach, just use your pv!' and it works- its just in the morning when i really struggle...

Thanks muchly in advance...x

Keep your pv fully charged and filled with juice so its ready to go in the morning then chain vape for 20 minutes.The urge will pass.

Liquid9

Mystic Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Panama City, FL
When I first started vaping I didn't change my regular smoking habbits. What I mean by that is I would still go outside and vape for 5-10 minutes so it would feel more genuine. When I would drive I rolled he window down a bit and vaped, after eating I would vape, and didn't vape much inside for the first week so I would have to take a break and go outside and do it. It helped me a lot to not go back to smoking. Now I vape inside a lot, but still take little breaks outside, I haven't had the urge to smoke a cig. I also notice how nasty cig smoke smells and if I go out to a bar and a lot of people are smoking it will burn my eyes, make me sneeze and I will have to go outside for a few minutes to actually breathe fresh air. I feel nasty after being around cig smoke and when I get to the house I immediately put the clothes in the laundry room and take a shower to get that nasty feeling off me. Having good equipment and good juice is a must if you want to kick the cig's all together. Like many others have said, vape a higher dose in the morning if that is your toughest cig to give up. Make it a good tobacco juice you like or a dessert/coffee flavor juice. Good luck to all of you who are still smoking a few cigs a day, congrats on cutting back significantly and hope this helped.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
For myself, I keep a T2 loaded with 40mg flavorless. If the urges in the morning, or whenever, get out of hand I simply pop it on my battery, and about a half dozen small hits later any nicotine craving has passed. At that point, the remaining urges all have to be in my head and are much more easily dealt with.

Also, BE SURE NOT TO HAVE ANALOGS AROUND! If they are available, they will more than likely get used. The best way to not pick one up is to simply make them unavailable.

2GLR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Cedar Rapids
I keep atleast 1 PV at my bedside. As soon as I wakeup I start vaping. When I was still having that urge to have the first morning cigarette, I had to chain vape about 1 ml of 36mg within the first 20 minutes of waking up. That was the only thing that could keep me from having the first morning cigarette. Now I vape when I wake up, just not as strong and not as much. I vape about .5 ml while sipping coffee and reading the classies here, before I start my day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread