The 3 Flavor Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
When i mix a new juice flavor I use something I call the 3 flavor method which I think is easiest for someone new to DIY juice mixing.

The 3 Flavor Method

1. The main flavor: This is the flavor that will over power all the rest and be most prominent.

2. The complimentary flavor: This is a less strong flavoring that will compliment the main flavor.

3. The flavor note/notes: This is the flavor that is most light, adding background of flavor hints to the first two.

Now I wont delve into percentages as all flavorings aren't equal strength but i will give an example.

First the main flavor: Commercial Tobacco 10%

Second the complimentary flavor: Carmel 5%

Third the flavor note: Brown Sugar 2%

Now the flavor notes are those very light flavor hints that can turn a decent juice into an A.D.V. (all day vape). After success with the 3 flavor method you can start experimenting with adding more flavor notes.

madscience1_zps75476eb0.jpeg

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I like this method. I've recently started experimenting with my tobaccos, and I've been trying to narrow down the "Complimentary Flavor" for several different mixes. Once I find a good combination and the right percentages, I imagine what it's MISSING.

This is exactly the method I've been using to make more complex juices, but with a process and words that make it make SENSE.

Thanks, Mack.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
Thanks Mack! This is a bit a reassurance that I'm heading down a viable DIY path.

When I first started DIY, I purchased an assortment of FlavorWest tobacco flavors: Ankara, Latakia, Oriental, Havana, etc., and found none of those were what I liked as a single-flavor (main flavor) juice. So, I mixed up 10ml bottles of each of those (arbitrarily picked 20% flavor), and tried them mixed with my favorite TA+EM juice. I did try a few combos--1 drop Ankara to 9 drops TA-juice, up to 9 drops Ankara to 1 drop TA-juice. None of these combos really hit the spot. I realized that I should have been aiming for a 'complementary flavor', when using these other tobacco flavors, which is why I planned on using these 20% bottles as 'diluted flavoring', allowing me to use 1 drop/ml when final recipe would be '1 drop/5 ml' using straight flavoring.

To get flavoring % down to the 1% area, I realized 1 drop of flavor would need to meet 99 drops of other liquid--a 5ml batch. I wanted to keep my sample batches small, so I have mixed some flavors at 10%, and use these as '1/10 drop of flavor' measures. Really helps me fine tune percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread