Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
This is DEFINITELY a mod for truck drivers!
5718f4ba3d8eee96271bd1d90cb2bf09.jpg

Sent from the future
Don't leave it on your bedside table, or you may find Papaw hauling his bones up your drainpipe one dark and stormy night.....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Those are what I use, DH. I love it. Easy flip up, when I need to see normal, and I can even see "around" them in a pinch. I like options.

Plus, I can snap them on with my glasses still on head. Best of all worlds.
My readers are fine for me.
nerdy-guy-with-thick-rimmed-glasses-picture-id173595892

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Let me try:
1) If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2) If it won't break, don't replace it.
If you haven't noticed by the avatar, I am a career trucker, and a flat-bed driver. EVERYTHING in a big truck takes abuse. My first six months I went through five VV eGo's and eight Kanger T3 clearomizers. Then I found Reos Mods.
Once a Reos Mini fell out of my shirt pocket. While I was tarping a load of Lumber. On top of a Flat bed Trailer. On a crush-and-run paved surface that had serviced big rigs for years.
Ba-ding. Ba-ding. Slam ! A good 11 foot drop.The door flies off,and the battery is ejected. I climb down, put the battery back in and the door on, and continued vaping.
I bet your little printed circuit board wouldn't have made it halfway through that fall.
Another time I was strapping and securing my load. Early morning. with an outside temperature of -7*F. The feed tube inside my squonk bottle froze from inside my coat pocket ! 20 minutes on top of the defroster vent fixed that.
I have my doubts the imitation glass in your Fasttech tank would have survived.
When I am 500 miles from home on a two-night run, I need Vaping Gear that CAN NOT FAIL ! That pretty much rules out circuit boards, glass/ plastic tanks, poor construction or cheap materials.
And most Vape Shops don't have Tractor-trailer parking, so stopping along the way is out of the question.
Others might say "dripping flavor without the dripping", or "ease of use". To each their own.
You can vape whatever you want, on whatever device you want. I really have no say in what is right for you. If you want to blow clouds from a high power device, go for it !
But the demands that my chosen career place upon me, and anything I carry with me, means I need to have Vaping Gear that is 1) Indestructable 2) Waterproof 3) Adverse condition resistant, and most of all, 4) Dependable.
Reos Mods provide me with all of the these requirements.
F2RJtDC.jpg

10/10 for passion, but you haven’t really mentioned anything exclusive to the Reo. In essence, you like the fact it didn’t break when you dropped it. That would be the same for any squonker I own. I am pleased you have found something which works for you, I just have a hard time recommending a Reo over other options which are available nowadays.

I have always considered the Reo to be the equivalent of Ed Sheeran or Take that - no matter what they release they will be well received by the fans.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
To be honest Ben, I think he did. Shatterproof, thawed great after being frozen, "That pretty much rules out circuit boards, glass/ plastic tanks, poor construction or cheap materials".

In other words, it's stood the test of time, and has kept Papaw off the smokes. That's a big success story right there.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
To be honest Ben, I think he did. Shatterproof, thawed great after being frozen, "That pretty much rules out circuit boards, glass/ plastic tanks, poor construction or cheap materials".

In other words, it's stood the test of time, and has kept Papaw off the smokes. That's a big success story right there.

I never mentioned anything about tanks, or regulated mods and I think any silicon tube would defrost and would work fine.

I’m not trying to bad mouth Reo’s. Far from it. It just astounds me they are so popular considering the options available nowadays. Ultimately, I feel Reo’s are liked because they are Reo’s, not because of their design.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Yes but you miss the next sentence wherein he states the [Reo does not have the problems of] circuit boards, glass/plastic tanks, poor construction or cheap materials. I say that answers the question pretty well.

No, my question was how does the Reo differ from any other modern day mech squonker. Therefore, all of those points make no odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread