The Aquaplaychid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cifitzu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Little rock AR
Okay the other day I was tinking around, I created the Aquaplaychid RTA or aquachid. Its a aqua v2 tank, aqua v1 chimney, carto silicone sleeve cut to fit around chimney where tank meets stem and a black band I found (band not really necessary).The silicone sleeve is the seal between stem and tank. If you have all the parts I encourage you to try my creation as its become my ADV. IMO it takes the best features of each RTA and combines them into super light pocket friendly mod. This mod gives me full juice control without really modifying anything, just using different pieces of addys to make a juice/ air control tank in a relatively small and yet still holding just over 3.5mls of juice ruffly. IMO juice control is everything in a tank. Its what keeps it from leaking in a pocket and also lets you hit those high watts if its a performance RTA. It also lets the user have a overall better control over the complete device. The Aquaplaychid also is very compact for what it holds and has a very open adjustable draw. If you have the Silver Play I suggest it's base as it has better wicking ability plus juice control works better in this collaboration ..blah blah blah here it is guys my Aquaplaychid....names just wrong lol
img_1979-jpg.15394

IMG_1979.jpg

imagejpeg

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Ah plastic tanks. I can't use those anymore after going through 3 bell caps in the last 2 months. Every juice nowadays seems to slowly cloud or outright crack poly tanks.

Dig your idea and i love my SilverPlays. One is always super micro mini with a mix and match of Kayfun nano kits and my other i use with a quartz kit. Best RTA on the market.

Cifitzu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Little rock AR
I have tried other combinations and this one seems to have the best results as far as performance, compact size and liquid volume. When I wick this Aquaplaychid I use longer micro coils and extend the cotton all the way down the channels because the silverplay opens up the channels a great deal as you screw the chimney open.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Snowblind you can alway use the metal tank if you'd like.

Oh i thought there was some modification you did that required the plastic tank. I have the parts to make this as well... hmm might have to try tonight!

So far my favorite is simply the SP base with a Kayfun quartz micro kit (shorter than nano), micro chimney top and nano top cap (micro top cap wont fit without a custom chimney.... actuallyyyyy i might have an idea nvm lol. I need to find some small ~8x3mm orings.. hmmm.

Cifitzu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Little rock AR
I do love super small addys. I haven't got the micro quartz kit but I have the Chris munns bell cap and it holds quite good amount of juice for its size. The ft ones have the top filled in reducing volume. I am anxious to get my k-pico and pico extender in. I think those parts will really make the SP come alive other than what I have done so far. I wonder if I can use the pico kit like the aqua v1 chimney in this mod, and create another juice control chimney. So far the silver play base is bar none the best for wicking and air flow IMO. My only tick with it is it's air flow can't be completely sealed just 99% if you wanted to close it for pocketing. Then again that's where the juice flow control does come in handy.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I do love super small addys. I haven't got the micro quartz kit but I have the Chris munns bell cap and it holds quite good amount of juice for its size. The ft ones have the top filled in reducing volume. I am anxious to get my k-pico and pico extender in. I think those parts will really make the SP come alive other than what I have done so far. I wonder if I can use the pico kit like the aqua v1 chimney in this mod, and create another juice control chimney. So far the silver play base is bar none the best for wicking and air flow IMO. My only tick with it is it's air flow can't be completely sealed just 99% if you wanted to close it for pocketing. Then again that's where the juice flow control does come in handy.

I've noticed that too... it's like always 2% open or so. I was bummed about that as well.

Cifitzu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Little rock AR
The reason I first named it the aquaplaychid was because you could use either. But both names sound good to me. I love the idea of universal parts and wish mod makers would somewhat stick to parts like these so we as consumers can personalize our vape to however we choose. Yes, I know that not all parts can be made universal but if creators stick to these key sizes and thread pitches then RTA's have much more value to the consumer that is a avid vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread