The best Reo for the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Springfield, MO
Ok, the more I read about the Reo Mods, the more confused I get. I work from home and most nights, I get bored and head to the bar for a few hours. When there, I vape a lot and almost go through a Protank with 2.5ml of fluid.

I was really looking at the Reo Mini 2.1 because it is so small and discrete. Everyone sees my Provari and they always want to try it and I don't feel like getting someone's flu. Hence, this is where the discrete part comes in. The positive is that I already have 18490 batteries.

Well, then I started reading where everyone was recommending the Reo Grand over the Mini and saying that the Grand was really not that much bigger than the mini. The big plus is the bigger battery and juice. Then I would have to odred a couple 18650 batteries.

I have looked at 100's of pics and can't imagine it in my head. For example, my Provari looked huge in pics but I was surprised how small it was when I got it.

The other thing is that I have huge hands. I have seen where some didn't like the size of the mini because of it. Will the Mini 2.1 be too hard to operate with big hands?

Any insight would be appreciated. I have been reading and banging my head for 2 days.

Oh, I also plan on getting the Reomizer for what ever one I get.

Thanks!

Last edited:

m3nace

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
really depends how you hold it as well since some use their index finger and others use their thumb. if you have any buddies with a reo mini and or grand ask to hold it see which you like better...
i believe rob has the dimensions of each device on his website reosmods.com go there and get the measurements cut a piece of cardboard the width and length and see which one you like better lol little time consuming but youll see how big it is.. i thought it was huge in pictures but when i got it its quite small and discreet.

m3nace

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I am a Grand fan. Here are the demensions:
Height: 3-3/4"
Width: 1-11/16"
Depth: 15/16"

Try cutting this size out on a piece of cardboard. That'll give you a good idea of size. larger battery, twice the on board juice, and you have big hands so you hide it with you palm.

beat me to it haha. great minds think alike

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
The vapor from a ProTank pales in comparison to that from a Reomizer 2.0. More vapor = more liquid consumed (unless you vape less because of the thicker vapor).

These are mechanical mods. You'll want to pull batteries for recharge before they're discharged as deeply as a regulated mod will take them.

These two above push you over the line between a Mini and a Grand, not even considering your huge hands, if you don't want to carry a plastic case with a spare battery and juice bottle.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Hope these help.

Me holding a regular 12oz can.
IMAG0141-L.jpg

Me holding a Reo Grand
IMAG0142-L.jpg

The way I usually hold it.
IMAG0044-L.jpg

check these out, condoms for drip tips. $1.60 Silicone Drip Tip Cover Caps for CE4/CE5/Vivi Nova/Evod Clearomizers (30-Pack) 30-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan

I was going to suggest the same thing. I always carry a couple of clean drip tips in a baggie for folks that want to try my Reo.

And here's another size comparison picture. I was surprised how small the Provari and Reo are too. I have small hands and both fit very comfortably (holding on to the Reo like in the second picture above...my thumb and fingers don't touch...Filthy-Beast...those are paws!). You may want to shoot for the Grand.

Last edited:

clstearns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
Texas
I have a grand, and a friend of mine bought a mini. I'm a pretty small dude (5'8", 215), but the grand is far more comfortable to me. The mini is nice and tiny and all that, but it's... tiny. Too tiny for my manly hands. I kind of have to tuck it up between my pinky and ringer finger to get it to work right, whereas the grand fits very comfortably.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
You all rock! Thanks so much for the advice and pics! Looks like I am getting the Grand.

Anybody know where to get any AW IMR 18650's 1600 mAH batteries and who ships fast? I would hate for the Reo to get here and not have batteries or are the 2000's better?

Here

RTD ships fast, ordered the same day I ordered my Grand and received them with the Grand

Also, I'd recommend the 1600's over the 2000's if you're going below 1.5ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread