Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
I had a Reo Mini a couple years ago sold it due to battery life. I have finally settled on my VV setup. But now am wanting to move to a Mechinal mod as a a second setup. I know I want a Reo and a RM2. Question I have is do I get the 2.1 or the 2.0 Mini or just go for the Grand. My daily vape right now is a Provari with a ZAP in the 18490 mod as the 18650 just feels to big for my hands. Will the Grand feel as big and heavy as the Provari? Also how will a 18490 battery handle sub ohm atty setups? I use AW IMR batteries if this helps you answer my questions. I am ready to pull the trigger just debating which Reo to buy.:blush:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I use coils at .95 to 1.3 ohms on my mechanical REO's. Does not matter if it is a Mini or a Grand. The only difference is how fast the battery will go down. Mini battery will not last long with a low coil.

The Grand is not that big. The body is the size of a business card. Mini 2.0 and the Grand are not much difference in body width.

Grand 18650:
=====
Height: 3-3/4" including catch cup
Width: 1-11/16"
Depth: 15/16"
ID of catch cup: ~19/32"
Weight: 6.3oz fully loaded
Uses 6ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 18650 Battery

Mini 2.0 18490:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-5/8”
Depth: 7/8”
ID of catch cup: ~35/64"
Weight: 4.9 oz fully loaded
Uses 3ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 18490 Battery

Mini 14500:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-1/2"
Depth: 3/4"
ID of Catch Cup: ~33/64"
Weight: 4.2oz fully loaded
Uses 3ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 14500 Battery

reosizecomp.jpg

reosizecomp1.jpg

Mini, Mini 2.0, Grand, VV Grand
002-15.jpg

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
Another question, Do you think I should invest in another spring if I am playing with RBAs? I just picked up a A7 on the classifieds. I plan to test all my builds on my mod with protection before I put it on my Reo Grand.

ya a few extra springs are good and an ohm meter to test them before you put them on your reo would be good

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Tooooo cool! You will love it. Be a little careful with the A7.....it has a wobbly center pin and there have been some shorts attributed to that. Did you order a spring or two? Just make sure the center pin is screwed in flush with the threads....not sticking out. If you test it first, it should be fine. Here's a thread that talks all about the A7s and some potential problems: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/401265-dealing-a7.html It might pay you to read through it. I don't want to scare you, but it's better to know than not. Right? If you really start liking rebuildables (I do!!!) you might want to invest in the Reomizer 2.0 (Rob sells them on his site).....you can't get a better rebuildable.

Jan

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Tooooo cool! You will love it. Be a little careful with the A7.....it has a wobbly center pin and there have been some shorts attributed to that. Did you order a spring or two? Just make sure the center pin is screwed in flush with the threads....not sticking out. If you test it first, it should be fine. Here's a thread that talks all about the A7s and some potential problems: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/401265-dealing-a7.html It might pay you to read through it. I don't want to scare you, but it's better to know than not. Right? If you really start liking rebuildables (I do!!!) you might want to invest in the Reomizer 2.0 (Rob sells them on his site).....you can't get a better rebuildable.

Jan

Thanks I have spent the evening reading up on the A7. I will have a RM2 soon. I wanna play something inexpensive first. I love my Genesis attys but before tanks I loved bottom feeder mods. Heck I had a Carlos juice box. Lol :rolleyes: I purchased 2 extra springs a delrin switch button as well as a couple extra bottles. Figure if I forgot anything I will get it next order.

I am excited to get it as I never buy a brand new mod. I always purchase them off the Classifieds. So it is kinda exciting.

Sent from my HTC Express using Tapatalk 2

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I ordered 2 extras hopefully that will be enough to last me. Maybe I should get one of the Safety fuses. Can they be used in a Reo?

Not only can they be used, I use them religiously, even before I got into RBA's. I use a shortstop, with the "nipple" pointing down. That way there's very little additional spring compression, so I actually have 2 failsafes, the spring itself (I have spares but have never needed them), and the shortstop.

TBH, I have tripped the shortstop a couple of times, once with a wobbly centered A7, and once because...well I honestly don't know why. But after it's obligatory 30 second cooldown, all was golden again. I've been using REOs for over 2 years and can't imagine being without them, even if it's less than a week. Thus, in addition to the shortstop as backup for the spring (and spares, just in case), I have 2 grands, and 2 mini's.

The key to stress free vaping, I've found, is backups, to backups, to backups :)

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
That one was really pretty - I'd love to see pics once you get it set up! :)

Now how in the world can someone have a screen name of, bikini_kill, and not have an avatar picture depicting same.

Note: If you're not a member of the female gender disregard this post.

(Don't yell at me, Lisa... there's more to life than vaping.)

Jack

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Yes they can

Not only can they be used, I use them religiously, even before I got into RBA's. I use a shortstop, with the "nipple" pointing down. That way there's very little additional spring compression, so I actually have 2 failsafes, the spring itself (I have spares but have never needed them), and the shortstop.

TBH, I have tripped the shortstop a couple of times, once with a wobbly centered A7, and once because...well I honestly don't know why. But after it's obligatory 30 second cooldown, all was golden again. I've been using REOs for over 2 years and can't imagine being without them, even if it's less than a week. Thus, in addition to the shortstop as backup for the spring (and spares, just in case), I have 2 grands, and 2 mini's.

The key to stress free vaping, I've found, is backups, to backups, to backups :)

I just ordered one on this site My Vapor Store it was 10.75 shipped. Sale good till May 30th if anyone needs one. Thank you guys I feel a little better about playing with RBAs on my new Grand now.

That one was really pretty - I'd love to see pics once you get it set up! :)

Sure will take a Picture. I am assuming that there is a picture thread somewhere here :D

Now how in the world can someone have a screen name of, bikini_kill, and not have an avatar picture depicting same.

Note: If you're not a member of the female gender disregard this post.

(Don't yell at me, Lisa... there's more to life than vaping.)

Jack

Jack you are an interesting Fellow, watch some videos you posted about reloading. Will refer them to my father he owns a gun store and sells reloading supplies maybe he can use them for educational purposes LMAO.

Thank you everyone for all your help my Grand shipped today, lighting fast getting it in the mail. Now I guess I will lose myself in this forum until it gets here. Which I hope is soon cause I might go crazy with the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread