puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Yes, I hear it.
    It's a high pitched sound.
    I have to pull the back panel off, and hold it next to my ear.
    I have ST set to 5, and it still makes the noise, after 5 minutes.
    Stops after it's fired and the screen is still on, starts when the screen goes out.
    Weird....

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I think I notice what you guys are talking about. I never would have noticed this though. I have to take the back panel off as well and put it right up to my ear.

Mine does it any time I don't have the fire button depressed, screen on or not? If I power it off, it also stops.

So any time the power is on and I'm not pressing the fire button, I can hear it? However, I have to also remove the rda to hear it when pressing the button or the rda firing drowns it out.

EDIT: Once the chip goes into sleep mode, it also stops. Waking it up, it will make the noise until the fire button is held down, or it goes back to sleep.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Oh come on! Admit it. You know you could use a super light regulated squonker weighing in at a dry 94 grams. :lol:
    My one regulated squonker is a 3d printed delrin mod. I do not have a pulse 80w to compare to, but I would bet that they are not too different in weight. When My sister in law gets her replacement pulse sent to her (first one leaked like the titanic) i will compare them.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    I only get a low volume, high pitch, sound from the screen being on. I can hear it with the mod held right next to my ear. In stealth mode I get no sound coming from the mod.

(I'm only running at 34w, don't know if anything occurs at higher power levels.)

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    So far really like this Pulse 80.
    Came with 006 version installed.
    Using with a Dpro Mini with its included coil .32 (N80/fused 2*26/40) and only needing 24-26 W to be satisfied with the flavor/vape. It seems to run hotter or hit harder than my other regulated mod. I was using around 34-38 W on the Drone!

Using an 8 month old Vapcell 20700 I seem to only get thru about 1 bottle and my battery is coming off at around 3.6ish. These batteries have been ran very conservatively previously.

No humming sounds that I can hear coming from mine, but I do feel some warmth near the +\- buttons.

Anyone feel this heat around the board area?
    Do you feel like you require less Watts with this mod?
    Curious me would like to hear from users.
    It seems to be similar to the first version Reuleaux's board heat.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I hate mine enough I quit using it. It is fine for everything except it leaks on the top of the 510. That could be RDA dependent. I even bought four 20700 cells and now they are just going to sit. Only my three Aegis mods could use 20700 cells, but I use 26650 cells in them instead.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    So far really like this Pulse 80.
    Came with 006 version installed.
    Using with a Dpro Mini with its included coil .32 (N80/fused 2*26/40) and only needing 24-26 W to be satisfied with the flavor/vape. It seems to run hotter or hit harder than my other regulated mod. I was using around 34-38 W on the Drone!

Using an 8 month old Vapcell 20700 I seem to only get thru about 1 bottle and my battery is coming off at around 3.6ish. These batteries have been ran very conservatively previously.

No humming sounds that I can hear coming from mine, but I do feel some warmth near the +\- buttons.

Anyone feel this heat around the board area?
    Do you feel like you require less Watts with this mod?
    Curious me would like to hear from users.
    It seems to be similar to the first version Reuleaux's board heat.
    It has been verified that the board is in fact overpowered. It actually puts more power to the coils than what the screen indicates. Djlsb's review confirms this.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    @Zaryk, thanks, must have missed that one. I watch Daniel.
    I had of course seen the mod and drama, but a friend came over and handed me his and I loved it. The size and feel of it!
    Ordered it the next day, and I didn't NEED it.
    I usually know everthing there is to know about a mod before I order it (not always) but couldn't remember reading or hearing about over powered or board heat. Thanks, I'll go look at the review now.

*ok, well watched the review:
    He does indeed state it is a bit overpowered (but states the board it didn't get is more overpowered)
    He also has Version 004

Nothing about board heat, I guess I'll just keep my eyes on it and see how it goes.

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
    Jun 25, 2018

I get the opposite to yours. I hear a very slight hummin sound, similar to the wringing in my ears. lol But I dont get warmth near the buttons. Do you have a thermometer to measure the temp? If yours gets really hot like the video contact vandy vape usa and see if you can get a replacement.

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    @flavourchaser, wow, thanks for this info.
    Not sure that mine is getting hot like that, but I can perceive warmth from the +\- buttons. It does not start heating up as soon as I put in the battery.

I am a righty but usally vape left handed and thumb fire. I kinda cradle with my pinky. The buttons are not really coming into contact with my palm until I stop vaping and just kinda hold it. Thats when I noticed it. I don't own one of those thermometers to check the way he did in the video.

Will be keeping a really close eye on this one during warranty window!!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Well, I ended up getting one. Mostly because of the price, I got it brand new for $13.50 (after a $5.50 discount code) from ebay. At that price it was too hard to pass up.

So far it seems ok. Bigger than I would have thought, and bigger than what I am used to. It's not huge or anything just noticeably bigger in the hand. Solid feeling though, and no hot spots or buzzing. It's not bad, and I really like the fact it has voltage mode, which is how I will always run it when I do use it. But I don't think it will see a lot of use from me, my wife might use it though.

Here are some pics to show what I mean about size. The mod I use the most next to the pulse.
    20180822_120806.jpg
    20180822_120830.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    is that the g.a.s. rda on those? and what mod is the other one next to the pulse?
    Yes, I pretty much only run the gas mods GR1 anymore (I have 6 of them). The mod beside the pulse is an Anchor Nano, it is an excellent quality mech mod. I absolutely love mine.

Here are some better pics of it.
    20180809_100637.jpg
    20180809_100642.jpg
    20180809_100738.jpg
    20180822_211036.jpg

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2018
    Land of Smiles
    I hate mine enough I quit using it. It is fine for everything except it leaks on the top of the 510. That could be RDA dependent. I even bought four 20700 cells and now they are just going to sit. Only my three Aegis mods could use 20700 cells, but I use 26650 cells in them instead.
    I think the 510 might indeed be RDA dependant. I was quite surprised at the amount of juice / condensation droplets I get under the Recurve. Stuck a Wasp Nano on it the other day and virtually nothing. Gonna have a closer look at the Recurve and maybe re-bed the squonk pin. Plan to try another atty on it too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I think the 510 might indeed be RDA dependant. I was quite surprised at the amount of juice / condensation droplets I get under the Recurve. Stuck a Wasp Nano on it the other day and virtually nothing. Gonna have a closer look at the Recurve and maybe re-bed the squonk pin. Plan to try another atty on it too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I have put a small oring around the base of the 510 pin (where it meets the deck) on all of my RDAs that I use for squonking. It has stopped any seeping around the bottom for all my mods.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about.
    20180826_221225.jpg

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    I get no leakage, but that's because I use an ego/510 adapter with a lanyard. I have a tiny o ring at the bottom of the adapter, something I started doing because of a mech I used to use that had a squirrelly 510 plate.

Mine's been super consistent, solid, I use it weekdays at work and at night. I use a modified yiloong predator mech (new contacts and modmaker 510) when I'm doing dirty chores.

I've got a second p80w I haven't bothered opening yet, since the first had been so good.

Runtime is not as good as other mods, best I can tell, running the same batteries and power. A little less efficient, though for the price and overall quality I'm very happy.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I have put a small oring around the base of the 510 pin (where it meets the deck) on all of my RDAs that I use for squonking. It has stopped any seeping around the bottom for all my mods.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about.
    View attachment 763031

I do that also. It Works Great.

I saw a Squonker once where there was an O-Ring Groove/O-Ring just outside of the 510 Connector on the Mod.

Kinda wonder why No One else does this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread