The bf mod that should not have had this chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTVH

Jul 30, 2018
Central California
I luckily was obsessing over finding a different mod when I got the email for that daily deal Jumped on it as well with a $5 off rewards points coupon quite happy with my obsessing as this is my first squonker. As for eight vape, I have about 8 orders in total, nothing big, but all arrived as promised and I successfully got something exchanged without much hassle.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I have been having issues with the SS temp control on this mod...on 0.0.6 firmware... set the tcr right and its way off... havin to go up to 500 degrees F to get a decent vape... my anita squonker tc works perfectly as does my vt inbox... I wish they would release another firmware update to sort it out... :(

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have been having issues with the SS temp control on this mod...on 0.0.6 firmware... set the tcr right and its way off... havin to go up to 500 degrees F to get a decent vape... my anita squonker tc works perfectly as does my vt inbox... I wish they would release another firmware update to sort it out... :(
I have found with the 2 I own, both came with 0.0.5 firmware, I updated the firmware on my first one, and kept the original on the second one, I think there is something not right in the 0.06 firmware also, and prefer the 0.05 for temp. so I use both equally but if I want to do temp I will use the one I did not update.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

I have found with the 2 I own, both came with 0.0.5 firmware, I updated the firmware on my first one, and kept the original on the second one, I think there is something not right in the 0.06 firmware also, and prefer the 0.05 for temp. so I use both equally but if I want to do temp I will use the one I did not update.
Errrk! Not good news. :unsure:

I should be receiving one in the mail soon and I’m TC only.... :(

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Interesting. My experience is the other way around.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I don't use TC, but it seemed like after 0.0.0.6 was released, there were a lot of folks happy with the TC performance.

Wonder if its other settings or something else folks are doing?

Originally VV only provided 0.0.0.6 on the web site. A day or two later, they also added 0.0.0.5. So apparently this was to allow folks to go back if they didn't like the 0.0.0.6 update. Makes you wonder the specifics of the changes they made.

I haven't heard any news of a newer release being planned. I wonder if the difference between folks having a good/bad TC experience with this may be due to factors such as single/dual coils, what kind of wire, are folks using contact vs spaced builds, how much are folks adjusting the TCR, etc?

Reactions: markfm

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Eightvape came through and a Kill Devil Hills Pulse is in hand. Still not 100% convinced they have solved all their customer service issues, but this transaction was handled very well -- got what I ordered, it was packaged decently, and shipped very quickly. And a fantastic price to boot. Can't ask for more than that.

The Pulse came with 0.0.0.6 installed. Going to be trying it out in TC shortly to see how it performs. For the moment, it's in wattage and doing a fine job.

By the way, there was a post from Tony B on his FB page that there's a new Pulse that will be released. No details other than it will include a new RDA, will be called the Pulse X, and (according to the photo) will go up to at least 90W.

pulseX.JPG

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Eightvape came through and a Kill Devil Hills Pulse is in hand. Still not 100% convinced they have solved all their customer service issues, but this transaction was handled very well -- got what I ordered, it was packaged decently, and shipped very quickly. And a fantastic price to boot. Can't ask for more than that.

The Pulse came with 0.0.0.6 installed. Going to be trying it out in TC shortly to see how it performs. For the moment, it's in wattage and doing a fine job.

By the way, there was a post from Tony B on his FB page that there's a new Pulse that will be released. No details other than it will include a new RDA, will be called the Pulse X, and (according to the photo) will go up to at least 90W.

View attachment 758025
I'll be all over the Pulse X if it fits a 21700 out of the box. The extra 10w does nothing for me personally.

Will be interesting to see other differences.

The rda probably won't interest me either if it's a dual coiler.

Thanks for posting this.

Eagerly awaiting the Simple EX

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

View attachment 758025

I need to pick up a second Pulse 80w as it has become my daily driver so I hope it is good and released soon.
Meh on the Extra 10w, I dont run that high, but the color options has me looking forward to the details.

Also like the look of that RDA, doent mean it will preform good...

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I like the Pulse 80 a lot. It's hard to beat in the $50 range (for me).

I ignored the drama--I only have loyalty to price and performance and I really didn't care who made the chip and who's feelings got hurt. If Voopoo makes a squonker, I'll look at it with the same eye for quality and price. It's a business decision, as far as I'm concerned.

Totally understandable. I may have considered one too if I didn't have my USModz Stinger. It checks more boxes for me, 9ml capacity with room to spare for larger bottles, DNA 75c, 21700 compatible. Left me with little reason for the pulse.
Why let that stop ya? I have 20 DNA mods and I still bought a VV Pulse BF 80. :D

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Why let that stop ya? I have 20 DNA mods and I still bought a VV Pulse BF 80. :D
I barely use my DNA as it is. I do not like regulated mods very much at all. I enjoy mechs much much more. So I would rather put the money I would spend on this toward a nice new mech squonk mod. Plus, the pulse doesn't offer anything to me that my USModz Stinger 75C already does, it actually seems like a step down from the 75C.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I barely use my DNA as it is. I do not like regulated mods very much at all. I enjoy mechs much much more. So I would rather put the money I would spend on this toward a nice new mech squonk mod. Plus, the pulse doesn't offer anything to me that my USModz Stinger 75C already does, it actually seems like a step down from the 75C.
You live with just one squonker? My lord man! I have six ready and loaded. I need to change flavors a lot or it seems like using the same brand of cigarette. And you know how much we hate that! :)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
You live with just one squonker? My lord man! I have six ready and loaded. I need to change flavors a lot or it seems like using the same brand of cigarette. And you know how much we hate that! :)
I live with one regulated squonker. I have 8 mech squonk mods loaded up right now.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I don't run around sticking devices up to my ear but does anyone else notice how loud the 80w is? I've never noticed any other device making this much noise. I have two of them and they both do it. I freaked out for a second and thought my battery was leaking. Does this explain the update with ST and not so great battery performance? I guess it's time to lower my ST from 5 to 2 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread