Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I just want to mention that I am not a fanboy of the pulse. I do not own one, and probably never will. Too much drama surrounded it before release for my taste, and my go to regulated single battery squonk mod is a dna device. But I still think your battery sag is low (a good thing mind you, so not attacking anything) which lets your mod run it down just a bit lower than average.
I like the Pulse 80 a lot. It's hard to beat in the $50 range (for me).

I ignored the drama--I only have loyalty to price and performance and I really didn't care who made the chip and who's feelings got hurt. If Voopoo makes a squonker, I'll look at it with the same eye for quality and price. It's a business decision, as far as I'm concerned.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
revvo-jpg.755461

Some Nice Looking Swirls on that Feedlink.

:thumb:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I like the Pulse 80 a lot. It's hard to beat in the $50 range (for me).

I ignored the drama--I only have loyalty to price and performance and I really didn't care who made the chip and who's feelings got hurt. If Voopoo makes a squonker, I'll look at it with the same eye for quality and price. It's a business decision, as far as I'm concerned.
Totally understandable. I may have considered one too if I didn't have my USModz Stinger. It checks more boxes for me, 9ml capacity with room to spare for larger bottles, DNA 75c, 21700 compatible. Left me with little reason for the pulse.

Last edited:

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Just thought I would share my experience with the Pulse 80w mod. I currently own 3; 2 are mine and 1 is my wife's. I bought 1 at first to see if I would like it and I did, so I bought 2 more.

My first one was great for about 3 weeks and then it developed a rattle internally. My second one had the rattle right out of the box. My wife's does not have the rattle.

I did not have a torx socket small enough to take the back panel off, so I ordered a small set. I got it yesterday and took the back panel off my first mod. And what pops out after removing the cover, a small piece of soldering. Problem solved. Cover went back on with no problems. I was worried that what I was hearing was a small nut that had come loose. I'm glad it wasn't.

I haven't taken the cover off my second one because I'm not as worried any more and also I have stopped hearing it. Lol.

Still loving this mod and I have one with the new colors on the way for my wife.

Edit: It is a T4 torx if anyone is wondering.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Just thought I would share my experience with the Pulse 80w mod. I currently own 3; 2 are mine and 1 is my wife's. I bought 1 at first to see if I would like it and I did, so I bought 2 more.

My first one was great for about 3 weeks and then it developed a rattle internally. My second one had the rattle right out of the box. My wife's does not have the rattle.

I did not have a torx socket small enough to take the back panel off, so I ordered a small set. I got it yesterday and took the back panel off my first mod. And what pops out after removing the cover, a small piece of soldering. Problem solved. Cover went back on with no problems. I was worried that what I was hearing was a small nut that had come loose. I'm glad it wasn't.

I haven't taken the cover off my second one because I'm not as worried any more and also I have stopped hearing it. Lol.

Still loving this mod and I have one with the new colors on the way for my wife.

Edit: It is a T4 torx if anyone is wondering.
Having a conductive piece of metal floping around inside your mod doesn't worry you? I feel that is absolutely unacceptable, and potentially hazardous.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Having a conductive piece of metal floping around inside your mod doesn't worry you? I feel that is absolutely unacceptable, and potentially hazardous.

Thanks for letting me know how you feel! :lol:

I didn't say I wasn't going to get around to doing it, just not jumping off the sofa right now to do so. ;)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Thanks for letting me know how you feel! :lol:

I didn't say I wasn't going to get around to doing it, just not jumping off the sofa right now to do so. ;)
Yeah, I understand you don't put it at the top of your priority list, and you have that right. And i wasnt saying what you are doing is unacceptable, i was saying that buying a mod and having a defect like that is unacceptable. You have solder flopping around and a potentially loose wire somewhere on 2/3 of yours and that just shows me that the mod is poorly constructed with bad quality control. My wife was asking me last night to track one of these down for her, but you just talked me into finding something else for her.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
On the flip side, I have two, both working fine.
I probably went a little over the top, but with the two new colors I bought, I have ten of them. I know right? o_O These days, if I find something I like this much, I make sure I have them in the vape closet. Yeah, I probably went overboard, but I tend to do that.

Probably my favorite squonker so far though. I've actively used three of them, no problems yet with any of them. None of the others have anything 'loose' rattling around it them or any obvious signs of something wrong.

My first one has seen heavy use since the day I got it. I've dropped it a few times, and let's just say it's had a mishap or two where I didn't expect it to work any longer. Still works flawlessly, the only sign of wear is the texture on the body around the edges has worn smooth in a few places that get handled and rubbed often. Even with the mishaps it's had, not a scratch on it or a sign it has been dropped. If it had some type of metal body, I think it would be showing more obvious signs of wear, scratches, and probably a good number of dents in it.

The last 'fall' it took in a parking lot. It came completely apart. Both panels went flying, battery flew out, squonk bottle rolled away on it's own, and the top of my Nudge even popped off. The mod is perfectly fine. It's been a very durable mod for me.

Last edited:

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Yeah, I understand you don't put it at the top of your priority list, and you have that right. And i wasnt saying what you are doing is unacceptable, i was saying that buying a mod and having a defect like that is unacceptable. You have solder flopping around and a potentially loose wire somewhere on 2/3 of yours and that just shows me that the mod is poorly constructed with bad quality control. My wife was asking me last night to track one of these down for her, but you just talked me into finding something else for her.

Nope, no wires flopping around. It was just a tiny pin head size piece of solder. Probably off the soldering iron and not the wire. Yes, it would have been great if it didn't ship that way, but it does not mean the mod is a POS as you infer.

I get the feeling you didn't want to like this mod no matter what, which is fine. There are plenty out there now. Not like it was when I started squonking 4 years ago.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Nope, no wires flopping around. It was just a tiny pin head size piece of solder. Probably off the soldering iron and not the wire. Yes, it would have been great if it didn't ship that way, but it does not mean the mod is a POS as you infer.

I get the feeling you didn't want to like this mod no matter what, which is fine. There are plenty out there now. Not like it was when I started squonking 4 years ago.

I have no problem if a mod is good. Admittedly, I was put off right off the bat with the drama though. Just seemed like they tried to use it to build hype. I am more sceptical of products that have all sorts of hype built up around them. Every time I get any like that I end up not liking them.

I have set back and watched this one and seen things like what you mentioned, leaky 510s, firmware issues, and poor battery life all the time. I just wonder if this mod was put out by a less know company and still had these issues popping up everywhere like this one does, if it would still be as popular.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is but it's eightvape.

You buy now, you pay later.

LOL, I did have a bad TIME with them one time, but there were some more recent reported problems, although IDK maybe they were training new staff. Fortunately, even at that price, I cannot afford it at the current moment, because you need two dice to make a roll for 8, and I've not always been so lucky at gambling anyway, for money and actual stuff, well everything else yeah, but sadly no one who is not New to Me is every willing to play a game of skill luck or chance over who gets to clean the toilet next time. LOL

Anna

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    It is but it's eightvape.

You buy now, you pay later.

LOL, I did have a bad TIME with them one time, but there were some more recent reported problems, although IDK maybe they were training new staff. Fortunately, even at that price, I cannot afford it at the current moment, because you need two dice to make a roll for 8, and I've not always been so lucky at gambling anyway, for money and actual stuff, well everything else yeah, but sadly no one who is not New to Me is every willing to play a game of skill luck or chance over who gets to clean the toilet next time. LOL

Anna
    I understand.
    Seems every vendor has issues.
    I guess I've been lucky, have placed 23 orders with them, no problems.
    Bought a leaky Pulse a few weeks ago that was exchanged no problem, of course after the typical send a vid/photo.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I had a poor experience with Eightvape’s customer service a few months ago (they sent me the wrong item and it was a real struggle to get them to exchange it for what I ordered). While I won’t trust them as of yet with a big order, I could not pass up the Pulse 80 for that price, especially since I had a $5 credit which brought the price to $25.20 shipped.

I have to say they are off to a good start. I ordered about 4PM today and already have a tracking number for the shipment. Hopefully a Kill Devil Hills Pulse 80 will be in my hands in a few days.

gnees

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2014
    Zephyrhills Fl.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Thanks!!!
    I think...
    One of each color that I'm missing. I do like these for work and out and about.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    That was a good price. I already have too many of them, probably would have gotten yet another if I saw that in time though, lol. I'm glad I didn't. I don't really need anything else right now, may buy a second SimpleEX once I get some time to play with the first one I ordered.

They really are a great beater/on the go mod. My primary one has taken several falls and shows no signs of it at all. The nylon/ABS case wears smooth where you touch it a lot, but mine hasn't chipped, scratched or anything, even after several falls on concrete.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread