The bf mod that should not have had this chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
For lower power, the 20700b is excellent, a true 4000 mAh.
Yep, I'm running the Sanyo 20700B right now in mine, I usually vape around 30w or lower. Battery capacity is ridiculous (true 4200mah I believe).

It's almost not worth it to me to try to fit the 21700 (Samsung 40T) in it unless I were vaping higher wattages. I'm just going to stick with the 20700B for now. I'm getting a full day out of it without any problems.

The Sanyo 2070C will be available soon as well. 3500mah at up to 35A. That will be a nice cell for those of you wanting to run higher wattages with a 20700. Even though I run lower wattages (usually), I will most likely pick up a pair of the 2070C for my Pulse when available. Options are always good.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yep, I'm running the Sanyo 20700B right now in mine, I usually vape around 30w or lower. Battery capacity is ridiculous (true 4200mah I believe).

It's almost not worth it to me to try to fit the 21700 (Samsung 40T) in it unless I were vaping higher wattages. I'm just going to stick with the 20700B for now. I'm getting a full day out of it without any problems.

The Sanyo 2070C will be available soon as well. 3500mah at up to 35A. That will be a nice cell for those of you wanting to run higher wattages with a 20700. Even though I run lower wattages (usually), I will most likely pick up a pair of the 2070C for my Pulse when available. Options are always good.
u should try samsung 48G 4800 mah with 10a out put ....

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
u should try samsung 48G 4800 mah with 10a out put ....
I'm running the 48G in my Desire Cut and LV Mirage. :D The only thing about the 48G is one of my chargers won't even make contact with the terminals to charge it. The negative is slightly recessed, but the positive terminal is as well. The positive end is what causes problems for me.

The 48G is a great 21700 too, I think a lot of folks that vape low wattages would find this to be a great battery.

With the 48G in the Cut @ 25w, I get more than a day as well. It nice being able to use the same battery (48G or 20700B) all day and not have to worry about running out before the end of the day, carrying spares, etc. I started carrying a spare 20700B or 48G around with me for a while, but have never needed the backup.

I may have to see if I can sell some of my new VTC5As and HG2s to somebody local. I've got a bunch of each that are brand new and I'm not sure I'm going to need them any time soon at this point. I'm pretty much only using mods that use 20700's and 21700's right now and have several 18650's I can still use if the mood to use another mod hits.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Same here on excess 18650s. I'd picked up several sets when I had a pd270, immediately before changing to 20700 squonkers and the Oceanus. I'm keeping some, but PIFing a bunch.

I'm definitely looking forward to an update for locking +/- buttons. I got a warm vape, turned out to be 80W instead of 30 [emoji5] I must have been unconsciously fiddling with it while at an event.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Just found one tiny issue with vv 80w with 21700 battery.
Battery door wont sit flat compared with 20700 batt.
Is not a big deal as vv door come with strong magnet....
20180521_031231.jpg

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Same here on excess 18650s. I'd picked up several sets when I had a pd270, immediately before changing to 20700 squonkers and the Oceanus. I'm keeping some, but PIFing a bunch.

I'm definitely looking forward to an update for locking +/- buttons. I got a warm vape, turned out to be 80W instead of 30 [emoji5] I must have been unconsciously fiddling with it while at an event.
Yeah, and I had just purchased a bunch of VTC5As. A month later, I'm now focused on 2x700's. I will probably keep one new pair and pass the others along rather than let them sit and age.

Agreed, a fix to lock the +/- would be great, or even to require more than one press to change it when the mod is asleep would work for me. I tried several other mods I own, and they all either:

1) +/- won't wake up the mod, have to press the fire button (I really like this way of doing it).
2) First press of +/- simply wakes up the mod, but it requires another press of +/- to change the settings.

Either of those would make me happy, preferable #1 though.

Of course, lock just locking the +/- would work too :)

I did see in one You Tube video, that they are expecting to release a Pulse update in June sometime. Will be interesting to see if they do anything with the +/- issue as well. I assume the features for hard/normal, as well as the ability to use +/- to toggle the modes will be in the release. We'll see. Those are both welcome features to me as well. I'm hoping the update software is stable and simple.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've had mine for a week now, also working great. TC with SS316L fires well but it's nowhere near the DNA75 in the JAC or even the Drag. I'm keeping it for a while hoping VV releases some firmware improving TC. If not, it's going out the door. I find myself not liking boxy mods after using the JAC for a while now.
iEBV09x.jpg
Vandy Vape is rumored to be releasing the first firmware update sometime in June.

Guessing the navigation changes and addition of hard/normal mode will be in it, but hoping they will provide some TC updates for those of you that use it as well. Also hoping the update tool is simple and idiot-proof so we don't have a lot of folks bricking it.

If we really lucky, they will actually provide a list of the changes in the firmware update for us as well. I think it's nice when companies leave old firmware versions available as well in case you decide to roll it back. That's probably asking a lot though since it's VV's first regulated mod. We'll see.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'm looking forward to the +/- lock. Tony says the updater app is pretty simple (good).

I still switch to a mech squonker for rough and tumble use, but the p80w had been working really nicely. Right nite I'm running it with the sxk haku phenom clone, a simple 24 gauge kanthal build - very nice [emoji5]

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
All right, looking forward to the +/- lock as well as the 'hard' mode. In the video you linked it said firmware hopefully by Memorial Day.

I'm alternating between the Nudge and the Recurve on mine. I think I'm going to put the same build in them this weekend, so I can get a good comparison of the two. Right now, I'm running a chain link build in the Nudge and a Geekvape Alpha Braid in the other. So not really fair to compare the two attys right now. The braided coil in the Recurve puts out a VERY dense vape compared to the chain link.

I've also got the Hotcig Castle sitting here to build, but I'm having a problem keeping the Nudge 22 and the Recurve off of it, lol. Maybe I'll build all three with braided wire this weekend.

Honestly, I haven't put mine down since I got it. Even the Cut which I only had about a week or so prior to the Pulse is getting next to no attention. I actually like the form factor of the Cut better than the Pulse (it fits my hand perfectly), but it's really heavy with a 21700 in it. The Pulse has honestly exceeded my expectations so far. I've also got an Aurora coming from FT, but it may sit for a while too. Liking the Pulse that much. :wub:

I will use the Cut at the house some more than likely, but the Pulse is so light in comparison. Especially with the Nudge on it. Almost insignificant having it in my pocket. Once I can lock the +/- buttons, I'll be really stoked.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What exactly is the problem people are having in TC mode(s)?

Had my 80W now for a couple of weeks and I've found the TC performance to be very good. I did have to adjust the TCR for my SS316L build. I thought the 1100 default value was too high. A value between 0980 and 1060 is about right.

Good TC performance is a must for me, and this is better than good once the right TCR is dialed in. I only do SS so I can't vouch for whether the mod does Ni or Ti well, but my guess is that the same computations are performed regardless of which material you select.

That is, if you have two or three different types of TC wire, all you need to do is dial in a material's TCR and you're good. Have SS316L in one atty and SS340 in another? Put one in SS mode with its TCR and put another in Ni or Ti and dial in its TCR. SS, Ni and Ti are just labels.

Last edited:

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia

Had my 80W now for a couple of weeks and I've found the TC performance to be very good. I did have to adjust the TCR for my SS316L build. I thought the 1100 default value was too high. A value between 0980 and 1060 is about right.

Good TC performance is a must for me, and this is better than good once the right TCR is dialed in. I only do SS so I can't vouch for whether the mod does Ni or Ti well, but my guess is that the same computations are performed regardless of which material you select.

That is, if you have two or three different types of TC wire, all you need to do is dial in a material's TCR and you're good. Have SS316L in one atty and SS340 in another? Put one in SS mode with its TCR and put another in Ni or Ti and dial in its TCR. SS, Ni and Ti are just labels.

I second this, compares to my RSQ i am sure that Pulse BF TC mode performs significantly better.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA

I've been wondering this myself, but I don't do TC, so I'm not one to judge.

DJLSB gave TC poor comments, but his firmware version was 0.0.0.4. Other reviewers had 0.0.0.3.

The mod was released with 0.0.0.5. Perhaps there was a simple fundamental flaw in TC in 0.0.0.4 and earlier that was fixed prior to retail release with 0.0.0.5? Maybe a lot of this is just hearsay as well based on the review by DJLSB?

Sounds like several of you are getting at least satisfactory results by dialing in a better TCR. Maybe 0.0.0.5 fixed some of the issues DJLSB reported. Good possibility there will be additional changes in the next firmware, which should be available in the next few days.

I've also heard folks complaining of battery issues, and I just don't get it. I mean, it's still a single battery mod. If you aren't running a high capacity 20700, then yeah, it's going to eat a battery when you turn it up. I get VERY good battery life at 30w and under. I'm also using a 20700B, so I do have a true 4000mah battery in it. Supossedly there will be upcoming changes to address the battery 'issues', but short of lowering the cell cutoff (mine seems to cut out around 3.35v currently), we'll see if they do something else. Just makes we wonder of the battery complaints, are folks running a 2500mah 18650 at high wattages and just used to running duel battery mods?

Anyway, nice to hear several reports of good TC experiences. I think DJLSB said it was bad in 0.0.0.4, and all I've heard about it since was crap. Maybe some issues were already addressed and folks aren't giving it a fair shake, or arent reporting they are having good luck with it like you two are. I'd be interested to hear from others that are getting satisfactory TC results. Especially since it was mentioned to be better than the RSQ.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've been wondering this myself, but I don't do TC, so I'm not one to judge.

DJLSB gave TC poor comments, but his firmware version was 0.0.0.4. Other reviewers had 0.0.0.3.

The mod was released with 0.0.0.5. Perhaps there was a simple fundamental flaw in TC in 0.0.0.4 and earlier that was fixed prior to retail release with 0.0.0.5? Maybe a lot of this is just hearsay as well based on the review by DJLSB?

Sounds like several of you are getting at least satisfactory results by dialing in a better TCR. Maybe 0.0.0.5 fixed some of the issues DJLSB reported. Good possibility there will be additional changes in the next firmware, which should be available in the next few days.

I've also heard folks complaining of battery issues, and I just don't get it. I mean, it's still a single battery mod. If you aren't running a high capacity 20700, then yeah, it's going to eat a battery when you turn it up. I get VERY good battery life at 30w and under. I'm also using a 20700B, so I do have a true 4000mah battery in it. Supossedly there will be upcoming changes to address the battery 'issues', but short of lowering the cell cutoff (mine seems to cut out around 3.35v currently), we'll see if they do something else. Just makes we wonder of the battery complaints, are folks running a 2500mah 18650 at high wattages and just used to running duel battery mods?

Anyway, nice to hear several reports of good TC experiences. I think DJLSB said it was bad in 0.0.0.4, and all I've heard about it since was crap. Maybe some issues were already addressed and folks aren't giving it a fair shake, or arent reporting they are having good luck with it like you two are. I'd be interested to hear from others that are getting satisfactory TC results. Especially since it was mentioned to be better than the RSQ.
I'd rate the battery life a C. I don't know what the chip specifications are, but its efficiency can't be much more than 90%. I have single cell Eleafs with TC dialed in to near perfection and side-by-side the VV chip is not their equal. It's just my impression, but the VV chip doesn't sleep as well as the Joyetech chips, either. I also have Smoant (single cell) and Think Vape (dual) devices that sleep much better and are more efficient.

The Pulse 80W is my first 20700 capable device. I have some Vapcells coming so I'll have a better frame of reference in a few days.

Overall, I'm delighted. I have a reliably accurate regulated squonker that's good looking, does what I bought it for and set me back about the cost of a carton of Eagle 20 100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread