The bf mod that should not have had this chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
So you been using it in TC mode? Seems to be working for how you use it?

How do you like the Gaia? I've got a Bombertech Pindad that I may build this weekend (small BF RDTA like the Gaia) to use with the Pulse.

It’s the only bf rba I use - I have several bf atomizers that I’ve purchased for use with my hcigar vtinbox- but I found out that I’m more a tank guy vs an rda guy - so I keep going back to the Gaia when I sqounk - it’s nice having that extra reservoir/tank so your wicks are always wet - I don’t have to take of a cap to see if the wick is saturated. I have 3 Gaia’s that are affixed on my vtinbox v1 / my gbox v2 and now on the pulse 80w... (that’s how much I like the Gaia’s).

And now I think the vtinbox and the gbox will be replaced by the Pulse 80w - I really think tonyb and vandyvape did an awesome job with this. As far as TC performance - I can only compare it to the TC on the dna200 - dna75 and vt133 (which has a dna200 chip that’s powered by 2 18650s and maxes out at 133 watts). So far I have nothing bad to say about it’s TC performance again. I have not tested it with bare coils - But I’ve been vaping on it since yesterday and I’m a happy vaper Ymmv.

Tonyc

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
MTL squonkin. Kicking it at 14 watts.[emoji3]

So far, so good.
8dcd58ed00596e836309458afd2eaae7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

14 watts??!!???

Be careful. :)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Love my seaweed green, I even look at it while vaping on another mod. Kinda kinky.
Lol, I do the same thing. The seaweed green is my favorite.

I was home all day yesterday and vaped on my Cut. The Pulse sat on my desk so I could look at it through the day. :D

A few times, I swapped between the blue and the green Nudge 22. Then just sat it back on the desk to admire it. Can't decide which color Nudge looks better with the panels. ;)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
found one issue which i find really irritating.
if i left the device untouch for few hour, when i try to vape, it ask me new coil or old coil again than everything reset .....
Yours has done this multiple times? Yesterday was the first time mine sat for more than a few hours untouched, but no issues when I picked it up and fired it.

The only time I've gotten that message is when changing attys. Changing batteries, etc doesn't seem to trigger it for me. Only when I remove and replace the topper.

Mine does that even if I remove and replace the same atty. It will re-read the correct resistance on mine, but still asks the question even if it's the same. For the same atty, (-) will leave the previous wattage, (+) will reset the wattage to the 'smart value' it is programmed to suggest.

I wonder if yours is losing contact with the atty intermittently?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yours has done this multiple times? Yesterday was the first time mine sat for more than a few hours untouched, but no issues when I picked it up and fired it.

The only time I've gotten that message is when changing attys. Changing batteries, etc doesn't seem to trigger it for me. Only when I remove and replace the topper.

Mine does that even if I remove and replace the same atty. It will re-read the correct resistance on mine, but still asks the question even if it's the same. For the same atty, (-) will leave the previous wattage, (+) will reset the wattage to the 'smart value' it is programmed to suggest.

I wonder if yours is losing contact with the atty intermittently?
my does it multiple time .... some time as short as 30 minute drive, it reset to 30w (i firing dual coil, 55w) without asking new or old coil ....

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Ok solve my problem by changing others rda, not sure is rda or my build issue (first dual coil)
Make sure your coil is secured properly in the atty that's giving you problems. The metal will contract when it cools down, so if it's even just a little loose it could be causing the problem. I typically over-tighten mine and haven't had a problem across multiple RDAs, resistances, coil materials, etc.

RicRat

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
SAN ANTONIO
Make sure your coil is secured properly in the atty that's giving you problems. The metal will contract when it cools down, so if it's even just a little loose it could be causing the problem. I typically over-tighten mine and haven't had a problem across multiple RDAs, resistances, coil materials, etc.
Ok solve my problem by changing others rda, not sure is rda or my build issue (first dual coil)

Also, check your 510/Squonk pin is tight.
My Kayfun v5 would do that and I found the pin slightly loose, after tightening, it stopped.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I got the pulse 80W yesterday, and so far am very impressed with it, no battery or button rattle, doors sit flush with no movement and love the silky feel to them, and most important, no leaking inside, think it is a great mod for the price it is at.

I’ve had a Hcigar inbox for a long time and has always leaked inside, which put me off squonking, just to messy from the leaking inside to refilling the bottle, decided to try one more time with the pulse, and glad I did.

As liked so much, already ordered couple 20700’s, couple more bottles and a refill bottle for it, and planning to pick up another pulse in the memorial sales :)

E2045E5D-880A-4BD6-B64B-AF4EA3592C68.jpeg

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    I got the pulse 80W yesterday, and so far am very impressed with it, no battery or button rattle, doors sit flush with no movement and love the silky feel to them, and most important, no leaking inside, think it is a great mod for the price it is at.

I’ve had a Hcigar inbox for a long time and has always leaked inside, which put me off squonking, just to messy from the leaking inside to refilling the bottle, decided to try one more time with the pulse, and glad I did.

As liked so much, already ordered couple 20700’s, couple more bottles and a refill bottle for it, and planning to pick up another pulse in the memorial sales :)

View attachment 743203
    go for 21700 batt mate ..... i try sanyo 20700a, it last me 2 tank, with 40T it can last me more than 3-4 tank on dual coil build ...

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    go for 21700 batt mate ..... i try sanyo 20700a, it last me 2 tank, with 40T it can last me more than 3-4 tank on dual coil build ...

I already ordered the ijoy’s, they seem pretty popular, I only Vape at 20 watts, so should be good enough for me, wanted to try the 20700’s, as a 18650 does not last me all day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread