The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
itty bitty bow ties. seriously, you don't need much wick at all, you probably have too much. just enough to tuck in above the juice channels. The VG might have a lot to do with it as well, the juice I am vaping right now is not quite that high.I am probably using a thicker bit of cotton than you too

Yes, using that method seems to be the best way. Gonna fiddle around with it a bit and see if I can get this thing going a little better. At work primer puffing I feel like I'm back in my old kayfun days. I see some reviews out there and shake my head in awe at how much cotton they are cramming in there. I can't imagine those builds working for too long even at 12 watts let alone my comfort zone.

Worse case scenario, I may have to add a bit of pg to my special rta mixes to get it to flow better. Another plus of making my own juice, it shouldn't be a hassle. Got a jug just sitting there not getting used. Thank ya Tao.

Reactions: Taowulf

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
You guys are killing me (again).
I really don't like the looks of the Billow v2 but what I read here made me adding it to my wishlist. Next to the Cthulhu and the Zephyrus.
I got the Zephyrus. The rta section has the similar concept as the Billow 2. Except more air. I haven't tossed a build in it yet. I doubt that I will. I'm loving this Billow 2 way too much.

Tapped from my LG G3

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Alright, I'm missing something. I have re wicked this thing over and over and if I vape normally at or above 45 watts i will get dry hits. I have tried more cotton, less cotton. Help me out Tao, what is it you are doing that I haven't figured out yet? Less cotton has helped a lot but if I chain vape too much even at around 40 watts sometimes I will get a slightly skunky hit.

Edit: I am vaping an extremely thick vg vape (about 95% vg) so when it warms up it still wicks ok but I need it to git goin' right away for work and what not.

Try my "cotton well" method. For max VG juices, split the wick into more of a "V" rather than a ""U" using a sharp tool rather than a toothpick. No compression of the cotton and wicks like a champ.
Cotton Well Wick -- the simpler way to pancake | E-Cigarette Forum

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Yes, using that method seems to be the best way. Gonna fiddle around with it a bit and see if I can get this thing going a little better. At work primer puffing I feel like I'm back in my old kayfun days. I see some reviews out there and shake my head in awe at how much cotton they are cramming in there. I can't imagine those builds working for too long even at 12 watts let alone my comfort zone.

Worse case scenario, I may have to add a bit of pg to my special rta mixes to get it to flow better. Another plus of making my own juice, it shouldn't be a hassle. Got a jug just sitting there not getting used. Thank ya Tao.

I was refilling yesterday and the chamber decided to stay in the tank, so you can see the wicks a bit here... I sent a Billow V2 to a friend and he said that the wicks are too short. Nope, they are just right.

lyGbVb0l.jpg

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Mine looks almost identical to Tao's. Very basic build, but the wicks are really short. Almost,and I do mean almost too short to stick in the juice channels. I put cotton through,then cut the ends off, then trim the width of the tails to make them skinnier to fit. So cutting the ends off,then trim down what's left. I build this way usually anyways so it was an easy transition for me. This tank is the real deal, I'm extremely happy with it. I just want a Stainless Steel tube for it, for work (construction), and I'm sure that's coming at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread