Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I like it OK...They don't have quite the same "kick" as a regulated 5v box or tube but they are an excellent upgrade from a 3.7 device.
It's all in the details, in this case the ohm's of the atty.

How many mAhs you got, all of 600? Plus you had to buy another charger.

Here's a 4.8V NiHM pack (actually 5.5V unloaded) with a 2Ω load.

4AA_2_ohm_.jpg

That's a naked cell test, in a mod at the connector it will be at least 0.2V lower.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA

<<image removed by TomCatt>>

That's a naked cell test, in a mod at the connector it will be at least 0.2V lower.

Yep, that's true, Willy. On my Puck with a 3.2 ohm clearo (4x AAA NiMH 1000mah) I get 4.5V +/- 0.2V under load for 10+ hours.

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.

4AA_2_ohm_.jpg

I only know what I know and what I know is that this cell provides a better vape than an eGo or Riva or an E Power or any other 3.7v device I have used. They come off the charger at about 5.6v. I also know that you do NOT want to stick any carto with a resistance of less than 2.0 ohms on it...Instant burn = nasty! :)

Last edited:

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
@borockster that is awesome looking! nice work. Where did you come across that box from? I would like to find a few of those! Diamond plate just looks awesome :D

It was an air freshener. I got it at a Carquest auto parts store. They have Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Tinkebell, and Betty Boop.

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
Guys...I would be remiss if I did not mention the gentleman that got me interested in box mods. Godzilla of Foxy Box mods is the man when it comes to box mods and he is the one that convinced me I could do it. He is a great guy that makes a truly superior product at an awesome price. Check him out! I personally have 3 of his products with 2 more in the works. When I compare them to boxes from 2 other manufacturers (and my own) their is no comparison.

Bo

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
Hey Borockster, nice work bud! I may have to go down to Auto Zone myself. Although I drive japanese ;)

What did you use for the catch cup? And thanks for the shout out :)

That is some kind of aluminum gizmo for automotive a/c systems. I have no idea where I got it but I will find out the specifics and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread