Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Many of the commercial eliquids are so over flavored and over sweetened that I can dilute them 5 times and enjoy the flavor. Some I can dilute 10 times.
Yep! Almost like they're made for people with smokers' dead taste buds. :sneaky:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I sometimes vape DTL in a slipstream sort of way on my MTL tanks. I frequently vape into the mouth and out the nose without inhaling into the lungs at all. It's hard not to inhale a little past the throat, but you don't have to inhale into the lungs to get the nic hit. Mucous membranes and soft tissues in the mouth absorb most of the nic, so it's not necessary to inhale to get satisfaction.

My goal is to get the nic, recreate/simulate the actions of smoking, and continue to celebrate my (now 9 years) time away from my last cigarette. I'll probably never quit vaping. It's what replaced my decades of smoking and helped my body return to a near non-smoker state.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Wait a minute... Why does vaping the same juice and vaping it DL and MTL tastes totally different between them?

My post was about not inhaling into the lungs at all vs MTL. I am assuming the same volume. If you increase volume, then you are consuming more flavoring. No taste buds located in the lungs, of course. ;)

If you increase the concentration of the flavor in the eliquid, it would also change.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Am surprised by the number of people that don't do the lung inhale. To each their own and all that, but I felt a little "off" because I thought I was alone in that way.

Yes, some does inevitably get to my lungs, but not as a conscious action. I just started that way before all the sub-homing toppers came along, not to mention something more than 10 or 12 watts, but it seems to me the best way now. Well, I just prioritize flavor.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
If you increase volume, then you are consuming more flavoring. No taste buds located in the lungs, of course. ;)
Yeah I don't know if the more vapor theory really explains it. As I have used DL devices and vaped them MTL. I still do sometimes. Mainly to get more vapor and flavor. Although a decent MTL device usually does flavor better. But more vapor doesn't change the flavor as much as the difference between MTL and DL does. I haven't noticed this much when MTL, but DL a juice can change totally in flavor between inhale and exhale. Like one I have taste like creamy strawberries on inhale and graham crackers on exhale.

Although thing that I noticed is individual flavors pop out better at given temperatures. No, you don't need TC for this, but it doesn't hurt. When you only have a one flavor juice, it is pretty much cut and dry. But when you have multiple flavors, you might miss some of them while vaping. So I sweep through a temperature range to make them pop out for multi-flavored juices. Still TC isn't necessary, but it helps.

Although I got another surprise. I tried a FreeMax Mesh Pro with triple mesh coils. For single flavored juices, not so impressive and very close to other like atomizers. But juice up with a multi-flavored juice and it is like a fireworks worth of flavors coming through. I am thinking that those coils (and coils like these) might not heat evenly and vaporizes at different temperatures. That is the only thing I can come up with anyway. :unsure:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah I don't know if the more vapor theory really explains it. As I have used DL devices and vaped them MTL. I still do sometimes. Mainly to get more vapor and flavor. Although a decent MTL device usually does flavor better. But more vapor doesn't change the flavor as much as the difference between MTL and DL does. I haven't noticed this much when MTL, but DL a juice can change totally in flavor between inhale and exhale. Like one I have taste like creamy strawberries on inhale and graham crackers on exhale.

Although thing that I noticed is individual flavors pop out better at given temperatures. No, you don't need TC for this, but it doesn't hurt. When you only have a one flavor juice, it is pretty much cut and dry. But when you have multiple flavors, you might miss some of them while vaping. So I sweep through a temperature range to make them pop out for multi-flavored juices. Still TC isn't necessary, but it helps.

Although I got another surprise. I tried a FreeMax Mesh Pro with triple mesh coils. For single flavored juices, not so impressive and very close to other like atomizers. But juice up with a multi-flavored juice and it is like a fireworks worth of flavors coming through. I am thinking that those coils (and coils like these) might not heat evenly and vaporizes at different temperatures. That is the only thing I can come up with anyway. :unsure:

Sure. Temperature and other factors also affect the taste.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
That is how I started cigarette smoking when I was a kid dreamvaper. That is until another kid told me that I was smoking wrong and to inhale the smoke into my lungs (damn him :lol:). Funny, when I vape MTL, I go back to that puffing thing when I first started. I am still trying to break this habit after 4 years of vaping. Vaping DL is different, as there is only one way to do it. So this I do like everybody else.
Why would you want to break this habit? It's a very good and healthy habit. Just sayin'.:D
Because doing starter puffs all of the time results in 10+ second puffs for one. And the vapor probably doesn't stay long enough to get absorbed well. So I vape more and consume more juice than I usually do when DL vaping with far less nicotine per ml. Probably on the order of 1ml per hour.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Does that affect the amount of colds/running nose you are going through the year?
Also, if you're using menthol-something juice, does it help with the running nose the way you vape?

Not that I notice. I usually get a sinus thing going on when the weather changes in Winter and cold weather starts to move in for the first time. I attribute that to the change from A/C to heat when the weather turns. After 9 years vaping I can't say that I have more issues with colds and allergies. If anything, I'm much healthier vaping than I was when I smoked.

I don't use menthol juices. I have in the past, but not for long. I was once a Kool smoker for a while, but I smoked Merit lights before I quit smoking.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Oh man, this topic is far more difficult than it really looks. First of all, you have to like MTL draw (tight, complete opposite of DL), then you should know that your vaping style will be completely different and you won't immediately fill up your lungs with vapor. MTL is far more precise with it's draw, it's not like I could "suck" on it however I want, no, that's not going to work.
Kayfuns are a prime example - you need to be delicate with it, take a puff with precision and enjoyment. The softer you pull, the better vape you gonna get. My Siren v2 is the same way - put a build you like, then prime it and here comes the interesting part - airflow. I get to tinker with airflow far more than I do with wattage. Even it being slightly off completely offsets me - with DL I don't really care about that.
That's the art of MTL'ing and finding a perfect (I guess nothing is perfect, right? But for someone it clearly is) MTL atomizer might be difficult, unless you aren't picky about things I mentioned above.
Some pointers too:
-Flavor is going to be different. It's really difficult to comprehend that.
-Juice consumption is way down compared to DL.
-Battery life savings.
-Cooler vape.
-Usually longer draws (I really like this about MTL)
-MTL atomizers favor simple builds far more than DL atomizers do.
-You never need to go bonkers with wicking it. Pull the cotton through, stuff in juice channels and you're good to go.
Regarding MTLs with replaceable coilheads, there are a few good atomizers. To name a few - Nautilus 2S delivers really good MTL experience (forget about Nautilus 2, it floods like a .... and it's difficult to keep it clean). I guess that's the only atomizer of this type in my head, can't remember any other which would be remembered well.
In my daily life, I use MTL far more than DL, simply because I don't have to care about charging my batteries frequently, filling up juice as often and just enjoy it.
If you think DL isn't about precision of the draw and that you can basically just "suck" on it however you want or that careful adjustment of the airflow isn't a key essential factor that either makes DL or breaks DL, and that MTL is necessarily always a cooler vape, then clearly, you haven't tried DL. Maybe you have tried something that someone told you is capturing the DL vape experience, or maybe you're the one who told that to yourself. Warm vape vs cool vape part depends on airflow. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to be able to figure that out. Seriously. In my own personal experience, simple builds = simple flavor, as opposed to the full-bodied vape experience inherent of complex, or "deep", flavor. I don't actually even bother with fused clapton builds anymore these days, as there exist several advanced coil types that aren't that much harder to make nor take that much more time or effort to make (like only about half an hour or so for a dual coil aliens build, starting all the way from scratch and having had only a limited number of practice attempts in the past, like, 5 attempts in my case, only one of which had totally failed...), and that can give easily 20% better flavor than fused claptons. And that is despite fused claptons already are a huge flavor upgrade over simple round wire builds. This isn't an opinion. Rather, it is an experience and an observation, although subjective. Some people are so hung up with their own BS, they can't even understand the difference between regular claptons and fused claptons so they come up with this fake suggestion that you need to go bonkers with wicking it. I come here mainly to be entertained. I had a good laugh, and so I'll just thank you for that.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If you think DL isn't about precision of the draw and that you can basically just "suck" on it however you want or that careful adjustment of the airflow isn't a key essential factor that either makes DL or breaks DL, and that MTL is necessarily always a cooler vape, then clearly, you haven't tried DL. Maybe you have tried something that someone told you is capturing the DL vape experience, or maybe you're the one who told that to yourself. Warm vape vs cool vape part depends on airflow. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to be able to figure that out. Seriously. In my own personal experience, simple builds = simple flavor, as opposed to the full-bodied vape experience inherent of complex, or "deep", flavor. I don't actually even bother with fused clapton builds anymore these days, as there exist several advanced coil types that aren't that much harder to make nor take that much more time or effort to make (like only about half an hour or so for a dual coil aliens build, starting all the way from scratch and having had only a limited number of practice attempts in the past, like, 5 attempts in my case, only one of which had totally failed...), and that can give easily 20% better flavor than fused claptons. And that is despite fused claptons already are a huge flavor upgrade over simple round wire builds. This isn't an opinion. Rather, it is an experience and an observation, although subjective. Some people are so hung up with their own BS, they can't even understand the difference between regular claptons and fused claptons so they come up with this fake suggestion that you need to go bonkers with wicking it. I come here mainly to be entertained. I had a good laugh, and so I'll just thank you for that.
I dont use clapton's, that's so 2018. Hendrix's is where it's at. [emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread