imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Holy voltage!!!! 11 volt GGTS inspired by our friend emonty. Check it out:

YouTube - SakisGoldenGreek's Channel

It looks actually really nice!! How does it vape though Imeo? Could you develop an even higher resistance atty than the i7 for it?

you are the magician of new threads boom, xxxxxaaaaaaa nice!!!!!!!

Of course I can make bigger resistance, no problem to this. In a short time we will vape from the wall plug without wall adapter, we will need just a wire directly on the wall:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will vape now and I will report

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I figured that would be the result. Oh well, at least we know of more possibilities and what may be an option in the future. It all boils down to atty resistance, not battery voltage as we are all learning. You could theoretically have a very low resistance atty on a 1.5 volt standard household AAA and have an experience similar to vaping at 3.7/5/6/7.2/7.4 volts. It all depends on the spec for that atty at the resistance level and whether or not the atty's coil would be too thin for any sort of durability.

Just imagine being able to vape using standard rechargeable batteries found in any grocery store and not having to buy exotic batteries that most of us had never heard of before starting e-cigs.

Imeo, could you chime in here. What are the possibilities for a standard 1.5 volt household AA/C/D or AAA battery in a mod? What about a 9 volt two button top cell? Could an atty be built to run at 1.5 volts? I have rechargeable Sanyo Eneloop 1.5 volt batteries at home that are rated at 2000 mah. See this link for what Eneloops are : Sanyo Eneloop - Why Eneloop?

I think this could make for a very small e-cig that puts out vapor people are wanting, similar to HV mods, but in the nice small form factor with easily replaceable batteries without having to buy off the internet.

This may be a dream, as I believe the physics behind the idea wouldn't hold up, but has anyone ever looked into this?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I was thought of a smaller atty at 3,7 volts boom before I go to 7,2 but the problem was that the current (about 2,5 amperes on a 1,5 ohm atty) is big for this small atty. If we send 2,5 amperes to a bigger atty then we will have much better result and much more watts without burning it.

I have thought for regular batteries too friend. I have think of almost everything in this e-cig world. But the problem is that if we want to make a simple 3,7 volt device we have to put at least 3 batteries inside, so a big GG. But we can make another flat GG style like a box.

But lets say that we just make an atty for 1,5 volt:

1) If the resistance is at 1,5 ohm the current will be at 1 ampere but the watt will be at 1,5. Very small power to produce smoke

2) If the resistance is at 1 ohm the current will be at 2,25 ampere (atty will burn) and the watt still will be very low (1,5 watt).

3)If the resistance is at 0,5 ohm the current will be at 4,5 ampere so atty will burn!!! No reason to talk about watts now for sure. Exept this, the battery will get discharged very quickly:)

Its a dead end Boom:D

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
You are correct about mah being about duration of providing power. Mah is not associated with voltage. My question still stands, could a 1.5 volt battery with a very low resistance atty be feasible?

Our 18650 batteries we use are rated between 2000-3000 mah and provide enough duration of power for all day use. Imagine if we could use a battery the size of a 10440, with as much mah as an 18650 that we could buy locally that provides us with a vape comparable to high voltage mods currently. Sounds like the perfect e-cig in my mind. But would the atty be durable enough for daily use and are the physics of it even possible?

The key selling feature to users would be the easy accessibility of replacement batteries.

Doh, never mind, I was typing this in response to Emonty while Imeo was typing his response above.

Thanks for clearing this up Imeo. I never factored in the watts to my thinking. I suppose the 10440 is what is best for voltage in small form factor.

Last edited:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
You are correct about mah being about duration of providing power. Mah is not associated with voltage. My question still stands, could a 1.5 volt battery with a very low resistance atty be feasible?

Our 18650 batteries we use are rated between 2000-3000 mah and provide enough duration of power for all day use. Imagine if we could use a battery the size of a 10440, with as much mah as an 18650 that we could buy locally that provides us with a vape comparable to high voltage mods currently. Sounds like the perfect e-cig in my mind. But would the atty be durable enough for daily use and are the physics of it even possible?

The key selling feature to users would be the easy accessibility of replacement batteries.

Doh, never mind, I was typing this in response to Emonty while Imeo was typing his response above.

Thanks for clearing this up Imeo. I never factored in the watts to my thinking. I suppose the 10440 is what is best for voltage in small form factor.

I think you replied as Imeo gave already the answer.

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
This is my sweet spot combo: 3* 1.5V AA Duracell - Transformer+Storm parts

sweetspot1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread