The end of the Provari??? 95% WA state tax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Provape has sent emails to its customers in Washington state! Please help them out! This is a copy of the email I received just a few minutes ago:

Dear ProVape Customer and Washington State resident,

We at ProVape need your help. We wouldn't ordinarily ask, but this is a special case.
The Washington State Senate and Legislature are considering new taxes (HB2795 and SB6569) that would heavily tax e-cigarettes.
The result of these new taxes will be the following:
1. Taxes up to 95% on all e-cigarettes, e-juices and e-cigarette related hardware.
2. Massive closures of vapor lounges, e-cigarette retailers, e-cigarette manufacturers and e-juice manufacturers.
3. Limited availability and limited (or no) access to different e-cigarette models and juice flavors.
4. Cause serious harm to thousands of Washington citizens who have quit smoking analog cigarettes by replacing them with electronic cigarettes.
5. Remove a viable option many physicians and dentists are recommending to their patients wishing to replace analog cigarettes.
This legislation will kill vaping in Washington State.
Please help us in our fight against these outrageous taxes:
Step 1:
Use this online tool to locate the contact info for your State Representative and State Senator.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/
Step 2:
Once you have located this information, please take the time to call your senator and representatives.
This amounts to just 3 phone calls.
Step 3:
Tell them where you are from and ask them to oppose legislation containing new taxes on vaping products (reference HB2795 and SB6569).

This amounts to 3 phone calls per person.

Please encourage friends, family members, and anyone else to make these calls.
If the elected officials don't hear from us, they will think we don't care. WE DO CARE so the calls have to be made.
We don't have much time - the deadline is this Thursday, March 13 at midnight.

Please make the calls today!

Thank you for your time and your support.

----------------

Help us out guys, If a company like PROVAPE is concerned about this, we have a problem. FYI, this could signal the end of the Provari unless they move to a different state. The overall nature of the bill is offensive as a whole, so please give us your support...

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Wonder why they stopped at 95% and not just hit the full 100%? Either way it's completely ludicrous to tax anything at that rate.
Are regular smokes taxed at that rate in WA?

I'm not and have never a smoker, so I'm not familiar with the tax on analogs, but yes, they already carry a pretty hefty tax. I am a former hookah user, and the tax applied to hookah shisha. Quite an increase in the price, but nowhere near 95%...

Freaking joke

nostinkies

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Kayfun Nirvana!
Have any of you noticed it's usually the left wing nut jobs driving this NONSENSE????? Washington, California, New York, just saying.......

Here's a novel idea, VOTE next time based on the guys beliefs and convictions rather than what party he is from. I have an uncle from massachusetts that would vote for ant eater if he was wearing a suit and was a dem.:?: This is why our country is in the shape it's in.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
Have any of you noticed it's usually the left wing nut jobs driving this NONSENSE????? Washington, California, New York, just saying.......

Here's a novel idea, VOTE next time based on the guys beliefs and convictions rather than what party he is from. I have an uncle from massachusetts that would vote for ant eater if he was wearing a suit and was a dem.:?: This is why our country is in the shape it's in.

Well you can't explain our very very republican Utah then... they come down on everything here.

I don't think it's a political party thing. I think it's a stupid people/control freak thing. And unfortunately those come in all political stripes.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I heard that the bill passed already. I believe It passed with a 75% tax....not much better than 95%. I also believe anyone ordering online is subject to this tax. MBV the cheapest e-juice available will instantly become the most expensive. I can't imagine any WA state vendors can survive this tax hike. What worries me the most is how long till other states follow in their foot steps. This is just terrible....our government just sucks.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State

That how things work in Hawaii too, however, I wouldn't give Repukes a pass either, they have introduced some pretty ridiculous nanny-ism types of legislation too. Bottom line, I wouldn't focus blame on the politicians, but rather, the people around you who as a majority, voted for these types of clowns to begin with.

As for WA, I find this very ironic, they pass legislation for recreational drug use, yet, want to tax the e-cigs out of business. My, how far gone this country has gone!

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I agree we should all stand as one unit and help each state as it comes to pass.

In other activism I've worked in, I've found it's extremely hard to get a legislator in another state to listen. I've literally had politicians tell me, "Well, you aren't in my state, and I am not concerned about your opinion." This had to do with an issue of national relevance but since it was occurring in that state, only people in that state were considered at all.

I'm certainly not saying don't try, just be prepared for it, and maybe think of a way to make people from outside the state relevant. I'm wondering if we could make an appeal on behalf of those businesses that we use online in this case - because their online sales will also be taxed. I'm also thinking, sometimes an orchestrated campaign on social media can work. We once had about 500 activists telling Las Vegas on their FB page that we would not visit their city. Believe it or not, it got their attention and the attention of some legislators.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Well you can't explain our very very republican Utah then... they come down on everything here.

I don't think it's a political party thing. I think it's a stupid people/control freak thing. And unfortunately those come in all political stripes.

Well Utah is a hyper-religious state. It's the extremists on both sides that are causing the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread