The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

All these Nemesis look the same to me. Since I am going to be mounting it with my SS Igo and new SS kfun I think I want to go with a SS mech. Does the first one you listed come in SS? If not, perhaps I'll go with the second one.

If Maggs comments bellow are correct, I don't have parts lying around to fix things so perhaps I'll go with the one she mentions.

I agree with you on the Nemesis choices - really nice! But not on the $14 kayfun. It has a non-hollowed-out top cap and is a pain. I now have 3 of that design unfortunately, since I made the mistake of getting 2 on a 'group buy' at FC, which turned out to be exactly the same as my $14 FT one. I managed to fix the FT one by swapping out the top parts and chimney with PMMA replacements I had, but the 2 FC ones are languishing, unused, waiting for more PMMA parts to arrive. Leaking, gurgling, center chimney not connecting and sealing properly...myriad issues. I'm glad they weren't my first Kayfuns or I would have been very disappointed!

The V2 seems to me to be a pretty good choice, in part because of the parts that come with it. Or the 3.1 first version: $21.54 SvoeMesto Kayfun v3.1 ES Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL) - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping . I have two - great, reliable little guys!

That looks nice. Does pmma mean that it is tank cracker safe? If the v3 can handle Bannana etc. that is the one I'm headed for. The reason I was leaning toward the one I listed was because it came with a SS tank that I know is safe.

Thanks for the replies forlks, any other comments are appreciated.

Last edited:

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
All these Nemesis look the same to me. Since I am going to be mounting it with my SS Igo and new SS kfun I think I want to go with a SS mech. Does the first one you listed come in SS? If not, perhaps I'll go with the second one.

If Maggs comments bellow are correct, I don't have parts lying around to fix things so perhaps I'll go with the one she mentions.

That looks nice. Does pmma mean that it is tank cracker safe? If the v3 can handle Bannana etc. that is the one I'm headed for. The reason I was leaning toward the one I listed was because it came with a SS tank that I know is safe.

supposed to mean safe. But after having quite a few caps and tanks and chimneys crack and break I have given up on them. Only spent maybe 15 bucks total for all the parts. But they don't last. Heat or juice, something makes em crack.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Yes stick with #2 Nemesis, Stainless and Highest quality of their choices. Also agree the V2 is an excellent choice for kayfun. Nano tank is a nice bonus. 3.1es is okay/nice but taller and holds no more liquid.
V2 in Nano on Nemesis 18350 is Small and Sweet. Need a 1.3ohm build for good performance.:)

Spatchka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
NashVegas, TN
Did my very first order from FT and guess I got caught up in the Kayfun Mini
" Restock" and now " Temporarily sold out" problems.
Not sure what all that means.

Ordered on the 8th; maybe I'll see it after a while.

Just wanted a mini type of tank for work.

Think I'll sit tight and see how things unfold.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
@Spatchka I would normally never cancel but I did that sat. I am not really into the stuff like that more a small light tank person like a mini pro but I wanted to see what it was like a neat rebuildable so small and I would have likely used it in dripper mode anyways. They did ship a few but either supplier gave up or something. I will try one later on I had been waiting since the 5th. Mine went to ready to package twice then to out of stock. I use thick juice and I wasn't sure even if it would work for me because of that. I hate fiddling with things all the time so I will stay with what I know works for me the longer I thought on it the more I didn't want it. Just used the gift certificate on a couple glass tanks and they are out of china already. I have an old phoenix dripper I modified with a 1ml tank I will stay with it for now. Sooner or later they will get some never fear.

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
I can't really vouch for the hana clones at FT, but i just received a cloupur clone and it's amazing. If you can get one from elev8 or some other vendor do yourself a favor and get one :) I'm using mine with an origen FT clone @24w 0.7ohm.
I wanted the mini version from ft. But too much manufacturer troubles so I canceled. Full one I'm definitely I'm ordering one from elev8. I'll wait til they get things sorted and order the mini again.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I just found out my new Vamo V3 with the V5 chip has RMS/Mean. I also found out my old V2 had got switched to Mean. No wonder I've been having problems. This may get confusing when my new V5 shows up.
V5 that looks like a V2, V3 with a V5 chip that looks like the old V3.

So far I've had 3 packages go through Chicago ISC quickly. Tracking has been sketchy on all of them after that (which is odd, everything else from Chicago has tracked fine).

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
V5 won't be confusing like that - just unscrew the top ring and say "wow!". That bit is great.:)

Oh, the V5 has the V3 top ring. That will make things less confusing.

The confusing part I was thinking of was having 2 V3 bodies with different chips and 2 V2 bodies with different chips, but 1 of each body style having the same chip.

Thought I killed my new V3 after that post and was going to have to try FT's return policy (1 month old) but it was my abused NCR-A giving up the ghost. It had a good run long after it should've been dead but started working right again.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Got the V5 today. They fixed the sinking center pin issue. They replaced it with a floating pin that has too weak of a spring to make good contact.
I put my Pulse on it and adjusted the screw out until it made enough pressure to get the right reading, way out far. But too far gets Low Load. More happy with the V3 with the V5 chip than the V5.
It's this one, https://www.fasttech.com/product/1491700

Can't find any fixes for it, everyone talks about the sinking pin issue. Thinking of super gluing it. It just won't stay consistent.

I also got these, https://www.fasttech.com/product/1428800 which is good because the way my attys shuffled around has most of them backwards.
Someone in the reviews complains of too small of o-rings not fitting anything. That's not a problem here.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I got it to read one of my T2+'s pretty consistently. I think it's .1Ω too high and will go higher if jostled but comes back down when fired. (Odd, now almost all my mods are reading 2.1Ω, it must be an ecig virus :ohmy: )

I guess this isn't "the" V5 chip (same as in the new V3 I got), it's an "upgraded V5 chip" according to a thread started in May. It's KSD firmware version 6.2 on both. The thread mentions version 6.1. They must be trialing features for a V6 is all I can figure, sounds like they're coming out with a 20w Vamo too.

Hey for those trialing new features, your spring is too freakin' weak!

Here's the new display on the V3 I got last month, https://www.fasttech.com/p/1394901 , and the V5 I just got (link above)

chip_2224.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread