Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
The MVP is BIG? o_O Oh my, I thought it was slimmer... Hmmm, I am glad you posted as I've been looking at them and considering. I have several Gripper mods and they are all too large and cumbersome for daily use and taking to work :/ THANKS for responding, Capt.shay!

Well, big is relative. Compared to a stick style it is big. I'm sure it is slimmer than a gripper...hang on a minute and let me grab my ruler......in American it is 3/4" thick and 4 3/4" tall. I'll carry it in jeans but kind of bulky in shorts. But, 2600 mAh is a comforting number.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Looks like i'm going to get something today. I haven't received (I said received, not ordered ;) ) a ft delivery in almost 2 months! My September 1st order is still in you know where.

October 7, 2013 , 7:56 am
Out for Delivery
Grayslake, IL 60030

October 7, 2013 , 7:46 am
Sorting Complete
Grayslake, IL 60030

October 7, 2013 , 5:02 am
Arrival at Unit
Grayslake, IL 60030

October 4, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

October 4, 2013 , 7:57 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

October 3, 2013 , 7:53 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

October 3, 2013 , 7:50 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment (27th or 28th)

September 26, 2013 , 10:33 am
Acceptance
HONG KONG

"Skipped" the sorting facility.

11 days total- Not bad

Last edited:

funkyZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
The MVP is BIG? o_O Oh my, I thought it was slimmer... Hmmm, I am glad you posted as I've been looking at them and considering. I have several Gripper mods and they are all too large and cumbersome for daily use and taking to work :/ THANKS for responding, Capt.shay!

I have to interject here...
The MVP isn't "big" at all. It's about half the size of a pack of cigarettes. Yes, it is larger than an Ego, but it's not big by any means.
It is heavy though, compared to a regular Ego. I would think that for a woman who carries a purse, the MVP would be absolutely perfect.
The only time I really can't deal with the MVP is when I am out wearing the lightweight style basketball shorts... the kind with an elastic waistband. The MVP is heavy enough to make that a problem. But of course, just about ANY mod is too heavy to carry in those pockets.
for comparison purposes:

Provari Mini - 4.6oz
MVP - 5.6oz
900mah Smok spinner - 1.7oz.
Smok SiD - 4.4oz
Nemesis - 5.4oz
X6 - 2.4oz

The MVP is about the same length as a 650mah Ego and is only as wide as 2 of my fingers... I have pretty big hands though.

11e7a3c1-c922-4304-8718-9043de2d0489_zpsfc5cf9f8.jpg

Last edited:

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
You want BIG box apv look at the new VTR or the old Sigeili TMax.

Yes its bigger than an eGo but half as much as those other 2. I have big hands so I can stealth vape somewhat with an MVP. It may be a tad heavy but not so much that I feel like I'm lugging around unnecessary weight and knowing that the battery will last all day and well into the next is comforting. The biggest pleasure to me is being able to just plug it in and charge it. No separate charger and no disassembly required.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
The MVP isn't "big" at all. It's about half the size of a pack of cigarettes. Yes, it is larger than an Ego, but it's not big by any means.
It is heavy though, compared to a regular Ego. I would think that for a woman who carries a purse, the MVP would be absolutely perfect.
The only time I really can't deal with the MVP is when I am out wearing the lightweight style basketball shorts... the kind with an elastic waistband. The MVP is heavy enough to make that a problem. But of course, just about ANY mod is too heavy to carry in those pockets.
for comparison purposes:

Provari Mini - 4.6oz
MVP - 5.6oz
Smok SiD - 4.4oz
Nemesis - 5.4oz
X6 - 2.4oz

The MVP is about the same length as a 650mah Ego and is only as wide as 2 of my fingers... I have pretty big hands though.

LOVE my MVP ... first device I reach for if I have to go somewhere ... there's something about knowing that the battery will last me all day and then some that's very reassuring when traveling.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Well my final open order got to Colorado Springs this morning I am happy to say. So I will take a few days (or try to) before making another order and starting my usps.com stalking again ;) My question is this though. I have a tendency to make multiple smaller orders as I get the urge. I like getting lots of packages, what can I say. A good friend of mine however made one very large order, almost $200. It has been sitting in HK acceptance for weeks. Am I correct in assuming big packages arouse closer scrutiny and get held longer?

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
A mvp would last me a couple weeks as my at home unit. Thinking about one as a x-mas present along with a 20ml bcc. Half a month free from refilling/charging. :)

I love my MVP. It is so practical and not heavy or clunky - I have little old lady hands, after all... :) It really is about the size of half a pack of cigarettes. I have it in an eGo case in my purse and use it all the time when I'm out. The SVD that arrived last week is awesome, but it stays home...

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
Well, big is relative. Compared to a stick style it is big. I'm sure it is slimmer than a gripper...hang on a minute and let me grab my ruler......in American it is 3/4" thick and 4 3/4" tall. I'll carry it in jeans but kind of bulky in shorts. But, 2600 mAh is a comforting number.

for comparison purposes:

Provari Mini - 4.6oz
MVP - 5.6oz
Smok SiD - 4.4oz
Nemesis - 5.4oz
X6 - 2.4oz

Ahhhhhhhh, GREAT COMPARISONS! I pulled my gear out and am using the Gripper again. It's a heavy hitting little bugger, but it's a bit wide for me to use daily as my hands cramp up. I'll get one, but it may be awhile :p I just pulled out 'some' of my vape gear and did a photo, made a list, and... well, you know some women collect SHOES? I USED TO collect shoes when I wore heels daily =] I don't collect shoes any longer, I wear sensible leather loafers with a black suit to work now LOL What I collect now is vape gear :p

I'll get a MVP2, but in a bit, I still have 5 packages coming from across the pond. Maybe a Christmas present for myself... I'll get it stateside and just get it quicker for a few dollars more =]

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
So does "Processed Thru Sort Facility Hong Kong" mean that it made it thru????? Possibly on a plane?

Next stop ISC San Fran!

Destination - United States of America

The item (LK0360624xxHK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 7-Oct-2013.

Woohoo!!

That means it got bailed out and is headed home to Daddy!

My apologizes if I sound excited, it's just been soo long..

Last edited:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
My guess is that the oldest packages at HKTZ were at the bottom of the pile and they are getting to those now :toast:
Once they are actually past HKTZ they move pretty fast...hang in there :)

OK....the bunny drip tips are pretty cute.
I already have sufficiently enough drip tips that I may not be able to use them all, lol

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Woohoo!!

I just checked mine on hkp and it had the same update:

If I could multi-like a post for you I would.

I would give you a great big hug but well....we are men. Let's just electronically turn to each other, open our arms wide, smile, and then drop our arms to the side and the look away momentarily uncomfortable.

I bet your package was one that FT recalled, and has sent back out. EDIT: On second thoughts, maybe not as I think they give you a new tracking number if they do that.

Last edited:

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
Woohoo!!

I just checked mine on hkp and it had the same update:

so so so glad for you.
Mine is still stuck but you give me hope.
Maybe those IL packages were together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread