"The Greatest Vape tank of all Time" Is there such a thing.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrVapes

Mar 20, 2018
Since the dawn of vaping, hundreds and hundreds of new pieces of vape tanks have emerged.
With all that said, could there be one to call the greatest tank ever made? The one were if there was only 1 tank you could choose to vape on based on size,build quality, options, flavor, vapor, price, and availability... What would it be????

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
the one that scratches the itch!

in all seriousness, because there are as many variables to what you are asking as there are vapers; you arent going to get a single answer. if you had asked me 2 years ago i would have said the KFL+, now, i bounce between the Siren v2 and several big air tanks. then you have the drip crew, and their smaller cousins the squonkers. so pretty much the answer to your question is; the best tank is the one that satisfies your craving.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm highly doubtful that a single tank could be designed to suit every vaper, and every vaper's style. Not only that, I like variety. I would have an extremely difficult time picking my "all time favorite" tank. All of my equipment "scratches the itch" in one way or another, but I generally like variety, too.

Anna

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Since the dawn of vaping, hundreds and hundreds of new pieces of vape tanks have emerged.
With all that said, could there be one to call the greatest tank ever made? The one were if there was only 1 tank you could choose to vape on based on size,build quality, options, flavor, vapor, price, and availability... What would it be????

For all the reasons mentioned plus some…hands down, the Kanger Subtank, the very first truly rebuildable RTA (altho the ST+ is better). Not the least of which is its leak-proof-ness as heads-and-shoulders above most others. Seriously lagging in power handling by today's standards for its narrow windpipe but a capable veteran for any light-moderate vaper at under 30W. A critical advantage — the amazing parts support that Kanger had offered on this universally loved atomizer. So if you buy get what you can in spares while you can.

Good luck all. :)

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

For me...
Something from Imeo/Golden Greek.
I can still get spares for my 2011 Odysseus.

Cheers
I

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The only correct answer imo. Too subjective a question.

I don't know about that. The question was pretty specific. There's a lot of great gear out there. So although (user) "distribution" wasn't specifically stated, "availability" narrows the scope substantially. I'm not saying what my fav is (these days I'm drivin a truck).

Good luck. ;)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
My first tank, the OG kanger protank. Greatest ever because it is what got me away from cartomizers. Counting drips, dry hits, I hated cartomizers. The glass tank made so much sense. It’s performance sucks compared to today’s standards but back then it’s probably responsible for keeping me vaping because I couldn’t do cartomizers much longer.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My first tank, the OG kanger protank. Greatest ever because it is what got me away from cartomizers. Counting drips, dry hits, I hated cartomizers. The glass tank made so much sense. It’s performance sucks compared to today’s standards but back then it’s probably responsible for keeping me vaping because I couldn’t do cartomizers much longer.
Going down that road...mine would be the STM.

SrVapes

Mar 20, 2018
For all the reasons mentioned plus some…hands down, the Kanger Subtank, the very first truly rebuildable RTA (altho the ST+ is better). Not the least of which is its leak-proof-ness as heads-and-shoulders above most others. Seriously lagging in power handling by today's standards for its narrow windpipe but a capable veteran for any light-moderate vaper at under 30W. A critical advantage — the amazing parts support that Kanger had offered on this universally loved atomizer. So if you buy get what you can in spares while you can.

Good luck all. :)
Kanger Sub or Top for me also.
So many great devices out there. I like a variety also, but with that said i always have had STM with .5 coil 6mg Unicorn Treats from Humble locked and loaded on my stand. Its like an old friend

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The tank I now use the most, is the OBS Engine Mini with self build superOhm coils, the airflow on top and no leaking.

The deck config is a winner if you really want to make good use of an atomizer. It's a straightforward install. Less chance of redesigning your coils. :D

Good luck. :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I concur.

Not only for the glass tank, but especially for giving us an atomizer with the coil on the bottom of the liquid reservoir. Every "tank" you buy now that has a replaceable coil is derived from it. They're all just Protanks with little differences in airflow, wick material or fill method.

Cas002

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2018
Omaha NE
Many variables to consider as others pointed out but I agree with @MacTechVpr - the single most used tank by me over the most years was the Kanger Subtank Plus. Small build deck but sooo reliable and versatile, and for single sub-ohm coil running under 40W, it works great. Not enough real estate for fancy or larger coils but great intermediate tank with good flavor. My go-to tank now is a Kylin RTA v2 which I love so much for the airflow, flavor and build flexibility that I tolerate the leaking/sweating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread