Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I must have this. Or two. I like things in twos.
This is what santa forgot to bring me.

DoubleTap Tactical Pocket Pistol ~ 9mm
Aluminum - Ported - New In Box

THE TACTICAL POCKET PISTOL

The first concealed carry born from aerospace technology and 100% USA made. The future of concealed carry fire-power is now in your hands!

DoubleTap Firearms has developed the world's smallest and lightest .45 ACP concealed carry pistol on the market today. Also available in 9mm.

•Titanium or Aluminium Frames with a MIL-STD finish that resists corrosion
•Stainless Steel Barrels
•Two rounds in the chamber and integral grips house an additional two spare rounds
•Optional Ported barrels reduces muzzle flip and recoil
•Small, slim, no-snag hammerless design for easy pocket carry
•Ambidextrous thumb latch to eject spent rounds
•Double Action Trigger

Specifications

•Caliber: 9mm
•Model (SKU): DT009011
•Style: Ported
•Finish: Black
•Weight: 13 oz (45 Ported empty)
•Capicity: 2+2
•Width: .665 inches
•Length: 5.5 inches
•Height: 3.9 inches
•Barrel: 3.0 inches (Stainless Steel)
•Firing mechanism: Striker fire
•Frame: Aluminum
•Type of Action: DAO
•Double Tap™ is manufactured in an advanced technology facility utilizing state-of-the-art materials and processes.

View attachment 401240
pix019457765.jpg

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Here's my new rifle.

Edit: I don't know why, but my pics have been absolutely massive on forums for the last week.

Anyway, the new gun is an IWI Tavor with an EXPS3-4 Eotech and Geisselle Super Sabra trigger pack.

2015-01-09142617_zps37c69685.jpg

2015-01-07180501_zps9f762318.jpg

Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack
2015-01-07172838_zpsf61b6e3e.jpg

I retired my AR and the Tavor took over home defense. 16" barrel with the overall length of an AR with a 10.5" barrel. And you don't need a tax stamp.

Don't get me wrong; I love ARs. I'm waiting on tax stamp for a 10.5" barrel LWRC and a SilencerCo Osprey .45. I filed the Form 1 2 months ago. They sure cashed my check for the stamp very quickly. The struggle is real.

Last edited:

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Picked up a used Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45 today. Not sure what year make it is, very basic, no bells or whistles. Recoil spring feels almost new and stiff, the wear around barrel and bushing is even. It came with two Chip McCormic 8 round mags.

Ordered a Hugo grip with fingers that should arrive in few days.

Im having an issue with A-Zoom Snap Caps. If i use more then one Dummy round in the magazine, then it would not properly eject and gets stuck half way out. But if i only use one snap cap in the magazine, then it ejects properly when i pull back on the slider. Tested both mags and all snaps caps in various combinations.

I havent shot it yet and i dont have live ammo to test the issue with, so im hoping its just the Snap Caps them selfs.

Loving the extra weight of the gun. I tried few composite hand guns before and they felt good do to being light weight, but i love single action so much more, so 1911 was the right choice for me.

Trigger feels around 5lbs, so ill see if i can convert it to 3lbs. But i think 5lbs is better for safety. Ill have to take it to the range and put few rounds through it first.

The downside; i cant change the front sight, might have to paint it, as i can acquire a target much faster with both eyes open since both sights are black.

20150403_020604.jpg

edit:

Just found a video review of various dummy rounds and A-Zoom is the worst compared to other dummy rounds.

Last edited:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Nice find.
Picked up a used Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45 today. Not sure what year make it is, very basic, no bells or whistles. Recoil spring feels almost new and stiff, the wear around barrel and bushing is even. It came with two Chip McCormic 8 round mags.

Ordered a Hugo grip with fingers that should arrive in few days.

Im having an issue with A-Zoom Snap Caps. If i use more then one Dummy round in the magazine, then it would not properly eject and gets stuck half way out. But if i only use one snap cap in the magazine, then it ejects properly when i pull back on the slider. Tested both mags and all snaps caps in various combinations.

I havent shot it yet and i dont have live ammo to test the issue with, so im hoping its just the Snap Caps them selfs.

Loving the extra weight of the gun. I tried few composite hand guns before and they felt good do to being light weight, but i love single action so much more, so 1911 was the right choice for me.

Trigger feels around 5lbs, so ill see if i can convert it to 3lbs. But i think 5lbs is better for safety. Ill have to take it to the range and put few rounds through it first.

The downside; i cant change the front sight, might have to paint it, as i can acquire a target much faster with both eyes open since both sights are black.

View attachment 424216

edit:

Just found a video review of various dummy rounds and A-Zoom is the worst compared to other dummy rounds.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Been waiting for my buddy to clear his work schedule so he can bring his Glock to shooting range. In the mean time ive been playing with the gun trying to get used to the weight and familiarize my self by break it down.

It feels like the lubricant is wearing out because ive been playing with the gun too much, so hope i can use engine oil that i have sitting in the garage to lube the gun. Its Liqui Moly Synthetic 5w-30.

Its my first gun as a civilian. In military, cleaning and lube agents were provided to us in barrels, with labels that i cant translate to civilian lubricants.

I did use HMMWV engine oil once, as my service weapon was completely dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drottwiler

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I'm officially in the dog house. After being told in no uncertain terms that I was not to purchase an AR..... I purchased an AR. I had to use my motorcycle fund to do it, but I think it's worth it.

It's a Eagle Arms, a division of Armalite .223/5.56. 2x 30rd mag. And I threw in an optical reflex sight.

It's a little heavy and balanced towards the muzzle, but I think that will help with long distance stability and heat dissipation. Once I actually pick it up, I'll post pictures.

I haven't even told the wife yet... I'm scared to.

Reactions: FlyingV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread