The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The GUN Show!!!

Discussion in 'Copper Creek' started by efirdj, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Drottwiler

Drottwiler Old Timer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Drott's Dog House
    Just checked.Grander Mountain has a Store in Salisbury. Might be to far from you though.

Address: (Store #235)
    2410 N Salisbury Blvd
    Salisbury,MD 21801
    410-334-2677

2. FlyingV

FlyingV ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I must have this. Or two. I like things in twos.

3. shatner

shatner Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    Here's my new rifle.

Edit: I don't know why, but my pics have been absolutely massive on forums for the last week.

Anyway, the new gun is an IWI Tavor with an EXPS3-4 Eotech and Geisselle Super Sabra trigger pack.

***********************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************

Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack

I retired my AR and the Tavor took over home defense. 16" barrel with the overall length of an AR with a 10.5" barrel. And you don't need a tax stamp.

Don't get me wrong; I love ARs. I'm waiting on tax stamp for a 10.5" barrel LWRC and a SilencerCo Osprey .45. I filed the Form 1 2 months ago. They sure cashed my check for the stamp very quickly. The struggle is real.

4. Drottwiler

Oct 20, 2010
    Drott's Dog House
    Wow what can I say nice. Whish I could afford one.

5. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Picked up a used Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45 today. Not sure what year make it is, very basic, no bells or whistles. Recoil spring feels almost new and stiff, the wear around barrel and bushing is even. It came with two Chip McCormic 8 round mags.

Ordered a Hugo grip with fingers that should arrive in few days.

Im having an issue with A-Zoom Snap Caps. If i use more then one Dummy round in the magazine, then it would not properly eject and gets stuck half way out. But if i only use one snap cap in the magazine, then it ejects properly when i pull back on the slider. Tested both mags and all snaps caps in various combinations.

I havent shot it yet and i dont have live ammo to test the issue with, so im hoping its just the Snap Caps them selfs.

Loving the extra weight of the gun. I tried few composite hand guns before and they felt good do to being light weight, but i love single action so much more, so 1911 was the right choice for me.

Trigger feels around 5lbs, so ill see if i can convert it to 3lbs. But i think 5lbs is better for safety. Ill have to take it to the range and put few rounds through it first.

The downside; i cant change the front sight, might have to paint it, as i can acquire a target much faster with both eyes open since both sights are black.

20150403_020604.jpg

edit:

Just found a video review of various dummy rounds and A-Zoom is the worst compared to other dummy rounds.

6. FlyingV

FlyingV ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Here's my latest. It fits nicely in a sweatshirt pocket:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Drottwiler

Oct 20, 2010
    Drott's Dog House
    Nice find.

8. KGB7

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks.

Had the Hugo grips installed today and the feel difference is night and day. Could use a tad more rubber under the trigger for middle finger though.

20150404_221424.jpg

9. Drottwiler

Oct 20, 2010
    Drott's Dog House
    I'm a wood fan. But wood grips are not the comfort ablest to use. Mostly for looks.:lol:

10. KGB7

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Been waiting for my buddy to clear his work schedule so he can bring his Glock to shooting range. In the mean time ive been playing with the gun trying to get used to the weight and familiarize my self by break it down.

It feels like the lubricant is wearing out because ive been playing with the gun too much, so hope i can use engine oil that i have sitting in the garage to lube the gun. Its Liqui Moly Synthetic 5w-30.

Its my first gun as a civilian. In military, cleaning and lube agents were provided to us in barrels, with labels that i cant translate to civilian lubricants.

I did use HMMWV engine oil once, as my service weapon was completely dry.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Drottwiler

Oct 20, 2010
    Drott's Dog House
    [​IMG]
    New toy.
    It's a small 223 rem/5.56 nato. DPMS Panther Arms Oracel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. efirdj

efirdj ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2011
    Clover, SC
    I'm officially in the dog house. After being told in no uncertain terms that I was not to purchase an AR..... I purchased an AR. I had to use my motorcycle fund to do it, but I think it's worth it.

It's a Eagle Arms, a division of Armalite .223/5.56. 2x 30rd mag. And I threw in an optical reflex sight.

It's a little heavy and balanced towards the muzzle, but I think that will help with long distance stability and heat dissipation. Once I actually pick it up, I'll post pictures.

I haven't even told the wife yet... I'm scared to.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tlmoody27

tlmoody27 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

:lol: James, it's your money to go toward your motorcycle. Buy what you want. I gave up saying no more guns. At this point we could open our own armory.

• Like Like x 1
  14. efirdj

Sep 16, 2011
    Clover, SC
    And here she is. The newest member of the family. MAN I can't wait to put some rounds through her!!!

I had to chop the picture way down to get it to upload.
    20160617_184929 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. tlmoody27

tlmoody27 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Very nice, James. Very nice!

• Like Like x 2
  16. efirdj

Sep 16, 2011
    Clover, SC
    Now I just REALLY need to get to the range so I can get it sighted in. Of course Mrs E is going ballistic. Not because of the rifle any more, but because she looked at the cost of the rounds. Oops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.