The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
The only difference I notice between the 2 is the fire button on the 4 is a little stiffer.

Yes, maybe that's it. I'm so use to the 3 that I keep thinking I'm going to knock out a tooth with it! I did like the idea of the longer-lasting battery though.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Wow, people are still using these? I haven't used mine in what seems like the longest time now. I almost gave the few V3s I have (maybe 3 old ones?) to someone who wants to switch to vaping as a stepping stone to quitting smoking. They wanted something simpler, preferably round and without a button. I was able to convince them they will get used to using a button in about a day, but they still required something round.

I recommended eGo style batteries, since they still come in many lengths, and the non-variable voltage ones are pretty darn simple, yet still "round". One of the newer, simple "pod" style devices may have worked well for her, but she needs something with that cigarette/cigar type of shape, which I totally get. I was hung up on that for well over a year when I first started. Same thing with having to use a button.

I think the V3 was a pretty optimal device (size, shape and performance-wise) for what you could top it with. The V4 did not appeal to me, so then I finally got my first little box mod, and then my world was opened up to better 510 threaded tanks, etc. I've not gone back from box mods since then, but I do try to use fairly small and light ones. I wish the ones with replaceable batteries could be smaller and lighter. The iStick Pico 75W is about as small and light as I've been able to go, but I would prefer smaller and lighter than that. I can totally understand the appeal of devices like the V3 and V4.

For my V3s I used iClear 16 dual-coil clearomizers, which were alright for their time. I'm curious, are there any better eGo threaded toppers out there these days that fit these and other eGo type devices well? I feel like development in that area kind of came to a halt shortly after the whole sub-ohm direct-to-lung hit craze took off. Which is a shame, because I personally still prefer a good mouth-to-lung draw device any day of the week, but good choices seem limited these days.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Yes, I must be one of the few who has stayed with them. I'm not mechanically-minded, I have no one to advise me, and I'm old (plus, I spent the last year and a half dealing with cancer and looking for a newer e-cig wasn't high on my agenda). The thing works for me and although I know that eventually I won't be able to get new ones, I've stuck with them. I use Aspire ET-S tanks (also old) on top. I like the coils very much. I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I've not gone back from box mods since then, but I do try to use fairly small and light ones. I wish the ones with replaceable batteries could be smaller and lighter. The iStick Pico 75W is about as small and light as I've been able to go, but I would prefer smaller and lighter than that.

Yea, I've gone box myself. I picked up a few S-Body micros which are the smallest lightest 18650 available that had a DNA board. I top it with a super light titanium Achilles for a very light rig. Unfortunately they are discontinued. A few still may be able to be found left over out there. Fastech also offers one with a DNA 75 in it that I may bite on eventually if I ever break one of my DNA40's.

Reactions: gerrymi

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, I must be one of the few who has stayed with them. I'm not mechanically-minded, I have no one to advise me, and I'm old (plus, I spent the last year and a half dealing with cancer and looking for a newer e-cig wasn't high on my agenda). The thing works for me and although I know that eventually I won't be able to get new ones, I've stuck with them. I use Aspire ET-S tanks (also old) on top. I like the coils very much. I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

Uh, since you're still vaping and still an EX-smoker, I don't think you're missing anything, especially since you've gone through that ordeal and didn't smoke! :thumbs:

But, with the impending next steps of the Deeming, everyone should hunt down and get at least a few replaceable battery mods in their preferred power range. The Dooming will effectively ban any device not on the market before Feb. 2007 - that's basically everything. Mods you can put a new battery in will be needed in the future, but you have to have them now...

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Last night my wife wanted to replace an older VV3 that was having troubles with the positive pin dropping. I set up a new one from the stockpile with a fresh 1.8 ohm clearo and tested it. I hadn't used one in a long time and ended up "testing" it for a while. Still a perfect stealth work vape, light and consistent.

I ended up fixing the pin on her old VV3, popping on a Vision VT ego tank and now have a little stealth machine of my own!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

here are a couple modern ones that are about as close as ya can get to the VVv3 style... :)

upload_2017-7-25_17-47-18.png

- Innokin Endura T20 Starter Kit 1500mAh with Prism T20
- Joyetech eGo ONE V2 1500mah Vaping Starter Kit - Stainless Steel

:thumbs: :smokie:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

Uh, since you're still vaping and still an EX-smoker, I don't think you're missing anything, especially since you've gone through that ordeal and didn't smoke! :thumbs:

But, with the impending next steps of the Deeming, everyone should hunt down and get at least a few replaceable battery mods in their preferred power range. The Dooming will effectively ban any device not on the market before Feb. 2007 - that's basically everything. Mods you can put a new battery in will be needed in the future, but you have to have them now...

Penny, just ask - we are MORE than happy to assist you with any help you may need :):):D:D

I think it is very good advice to try and aquire some mods with Re Placeable batteries

- Joye eVic-VTC Mini - Express Kit 18650 Variable Wattage Temperature Control mod - Gold
- Joye eVic-VTC Mini - Starter Kit 18650 Variable Wattage Temperature Control mod - Cyan

:2c: :cool: :2c:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA

Yea, I've gone box myself. I picked up a few S-Body micros which are the smallest lightest 18650 available that had a DNA board. I top it with a super light titanium Achilles for a very light rig. Unfortunately they are discontinued. A few still may be able to be found left over out there. Fastech also offers one with a DNA 75 in it that I may bite on eventually if I ever break one of my DNA40's.

I don't know much about it, as I just haven't bothered to check into it yet, but supposedly the DNA 60 should be coming out soon - if it hasn't already.

That should be a good chipset for somewhat smaller, replaceable battery powered devices - at least compared to stuff that uses the DNA 75.

I have a 3D printed DNA 75 device that is pretty light, but still too big compared to something like an iStick Pico 75W - though it certainly delivers power more smoothly than the Pico does.

I would like to see something with that lightness in a more reasonably pocketable size. That should be achievable with the DNA 60, but that remains to be seen.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I don't know much about it, as I just haven't bothered to check into it yet, but supposedly the DNA 60 should be coming out soon - if it hasn't already.

That should be a good chipset for somewhat smaller, replaceable battery powered devices - at least compared to stuff that uses the DNA 75.

I have a 3D printed DNA 75 device that is pretty light, but still too big compared to something like an iStick Pico 75W - though it certainly delivers power more smoothly than the Pico does.

I would like to see something with that lightness in a more reasonably pocketable size. That should be achievable with the DNA 60, but that remains to be seen.
The Lost Vape Coral is 65mm high and takes a 16500 battery

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

here is a Lost Vape DNA 60w device, had it several months, standing next to the Pico 75w... (both 18650)

upload_2017-7-25_19-54-47.png

:smokie:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

They wedged the 75 in to the exact same iodized aluminum box as the 40. It is very small and light. I'm pretty sure it is the smallest package you will find with the DNA 75 or 60 (smaller and lighter than the Pico). And, in my opinion, the build and performance of the pico does not come close to the DNA equipped Macro. This talk has made me decide to go ahead and order one from FT. If I order it now I may see it in six weeks or so with those guys. Her is a linky $58.25 Authentic SBody Macro 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 200-600'F(100-300'C) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping .

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
They wedged the 75 in to the exact same iodized aluminum box as the 40. It is very small and light. I'm pretty sure it is the smallest package you will find with the DNA 75 or 60 (smaller and lighter than the Pico). And, in my opinion, the build and performance of the pico does not come close to the DNA equipped Macro. This talk has made me decide to go ahead and order one from FT. If I order it now I may see it in six weeks or so with those guys. Her is a linky $58.25 Authentic SBody Macro 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 200-600'F(100-300'C) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping .

I like the size of the Pico 75W. The SBody Macro is just too big in comparison, and the block-shaped design is totally unappealing as well. The iStick Picos don't run SS coils all that well, but they work well enough with stuff like NiFe30, etc. (Which is what I use nowadays anyway.) I still prefer DNA chipset performance, but devices that use their chipsets just tend to big and block-shaped, with very few exceptions.

The Lost Vape Vape Coral is a little bit more in the right size ballpark, but it still has that unnecessary block-shape brick thing going against it. A shame. The Boxer Mod DNA60 (in a non-V2 configured version) is a little more what I have in mind for what would be a nice, small and light, sized DNA 60 box mod design. Those still aren't out yet though. I'm sure we'll see more as time goes by. But, due to the FDA Deeming Regs, time is starting to run out, so maybe we won't see much more?

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I like the size of the Pico 75W. The SBody Macro is just too big in comparison, and the block-shaped design is totally unappealing as well. The iStick Picos don't run SS coils all that well, but they work well enough with stuff like NiFe30, etc. (Which is what I use nowadays anyway.) I still prefer DNA chipset performance, but devices that use their chipsets just tend to big and block-shaped, with very few exceptions.

The Lost Vape Vape Coral is a little bit more in the right size ballpark, but it still has that unnecessary block-shape brick thing going against it. A shame. The Boxer Mod DNA60 (in a non-V2 configured version) is a little more what I have in mind for what would be a nice, small and light, sized DNA 60 box mod design. Those still aren't out yet though. I'm sure we'll see more as time goes by. But, due to the FDA Deeming Regs, time is starting to run out, so maybe we won't see much more?

That looks pretty cool. I wish that site had more pics and posted the dimensions.

I'm waiting for the mod in the Asmodus Mini Minikin 50W kit to be sold without the tank for like $30. Nice size and shape I think, but not DNA obviously. The dimensions are 38x24x65mm; I wrote that down when I saw a review video where the reviewer measured it with a caliper.

I have the milspec mod (which is the same as the SMY Mr. Q mod) and the dimensions are perfect (33.5 x 22.0 x 62.0 mm) imo. Functionally, it is less than perfect, sadly, so I can't enthusiastically endorse buying it. I like it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread