Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
hello everyone, i have the chameleon vv and love it. i use my protank minis on it, it is a dream. just thought i'd pop in and say hello. :)

Welcome to our piece of ECF. You have the same setup as I have. We all share the enjoyment of owning a great mod. Post offen and share.

Guyver Gaiden

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
California
I am an owner of the Innokin iTaste VV V3.....i need a seller with reliable and great customer service. I love my Itaste but the battery is now dying after i just received it about a week ago. Been charging it for a day now and it is still on red. Anyone has issue with it like i do?? any help is welcomed or tips....charging the unit has been a hassle because my unit charges slowly for some reason or it wont charge up at all(charging light lit up, but takes will blink every 1-5 min and stop)

Guyver Gaiden

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
California
With a different source as well? I.e. another wall adapter, or even a PC USB port?

You might want to contact the outfit you got it from, then. Hopefully they'll stand behind their sale.

it has been 5 days now and the 14day warranty is up. No response from them. Watch they are going to say something like, we were backed up with blah blah blah, when it has been 5 days and no response. that is why I asked about another site/seller that has reliable and great customer service. NOTE: the Itaste VV V3 is a great product and loved it when it was working. I just need another supplier for my vaping equips.....

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
i do have a lot of micro usb laying around and tried them all, but it ends up the same. the red light as of now is dying out and becoming dimmer

Are you charging using a wall adapter or your computer? Some USB ports won't provide adequate power to properly charge PV batteries.

Vapor Beast has stellar customer service but they only have the full kit. Nhaler has very good customer service and they have the single batteries.

Guyver Gaiden

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
California
Are you charging using a wall adapter or your computer? Some USB ports won't provide adequate power to properly charge PV batteries .

I alternate between all my chargers/usb ports/wall chargers/micro usb and the same...thanks for the seller info, i will definitely check out those

TafkanX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
I purchased an iTaste vv3 with a Kanger Mini Protank-2 yesterday (just looks swell on there, my Smoktek Pyrex Aro looked a bit clunky on it) and it's a hell of an upgrade from a fixed-voltage eGo battery and just looks smart all around. I've been having fun playing with different voltages and jumping between vv and vw modes. As others have reported, 8 watts seems to be a pretty reliable setting, give or take. I also love being able to use it while charging, and the fact that it uses the same connector as my phone is a nice little bonus as well.

It does have a shorter battery life than my old 1300 mah eGo battery, but since I almost always have USB ports around to draw from this has not been a crippling disadvantage. I plan to upgrade to the SVD when I can scrape up the cash to do so (the unit itself isn't too bad, but paired with a quality charger and batteries it becomes a bit painful), but in the meantime this has been an excellent introduction to variable-voltage devices.

Now I'm thinking about skinning it...

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
...Now I'm thinking about skinning it...

You can get wraps for the iTaste VV 3.0 at Vapor Skinz.

The iTaste VV 3.0 is a fairly easy DIY wrap project if you would prefer to make your own. I made some wrap templates for my iTaste VV 3.0 as well as my Vision Aurora Bottom Fed Tank Kit 1.8 mL

Print the pdf files at 100% for the correct size. If you want to tweak the dimensions you can use the open source program, Inkscape , to do so.
Templates for wraps for the iTaste VV 3.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/263diiv15i868oo/iTaste_VV_3_template.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf7t0xlpj7jwuwf/iTaste_VV_3_template.svg
Templates for wraps for the Vision Aurora BFT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrr6q8ffby4etxf/Vision_Aurora_template.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drhovfmequhjw17/Vision_Aurora_template.svg

The photo is of a wrap made of a sandwich of high tack double-sided adhesive, variegated gold leaf and clear vinyl laminate. However you can get sample sizes of 3d carbon vinyl or snakeskin vinyl for a reasonable price on eBay. Search for "3d carbon vinyl sample"" or "snakeskin vinyl sample".

[

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
it has been 5 days now and the 14day warranty is up. No response from them. Watch they are going to say something like, we were backed up with blah blah blah, when it has been 5 days and no response. that is why I asked about another site/seller that has reliable and great customer service. NOTE: the Itaste VV V3 is a great product and loved it when it was working. I just need another supplier for my vaping equips.....

If you used an ECF vendor you can post in the Reviews of Suppliers - Negative forum. It is not really a place for reviews per se but a way to resolve customer service issues. Read the stickies before posting and just lay out the facts without venting or ranting.

Reasonable requests such as yours nearly always get resolved. ECF is not a good place for a vendor to ignore legitimate customer complaints.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

14 Days? That is not a warranty, it is a joke. I would think 30 days would be the minimum for a battery.

You can get wraps for the iTaste VV 3.0 at Vapor Skinz.

The iTaste VV 3.0 is a fairly easy DIY wrap project if you would prefer to make your own. I made some wrap templates for my iTaste VV 3.0 as well as my Vision Aurora Bottom Fed Tank Kit 1.8 mL

Print the pdf files at 100% for the correct size. If you want to tweak the dimensions you can use the open source program, Inkscape , to do so.
Templates for wraps for the iTaste VV 3.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/263diiv15i868oo/iTaste_VV_3_template.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf7t0xlpj7jwuwf/iTaste_VV_3_template.svg
Templates for wraps for the Vision Aurora BFT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrr6q8ffby4etxf/Vision_Aurora_template.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drhovfmequhjw17/Vision_Aurora_template.svg

The photo is of a wrap made of a sandwich of high tack double-sided adhesive, variegated gold leaf and clear vinyl laminate. However you can get sample sizes of 3d carbon vinyl or snakeskin vinyl for a reasonable price on eBay. Search for "3d carbon vinyl sample"" or "snakeskin vinyl sample".

Thanks for the templates and the search tips. Got a 4" x 8" piece of 3D Carbon Vinyl on it's way for $.99. The Snake Skin looks cooler but was around $2.50.

Vape On
:vapor:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

You certainly have tried everything to get it charging again. I do agree that waiting 5 days and counting is not the way to handle a customer. If you submitted a ticket you must have a instant reply in your email, which is proof you did your part. I was under the impression the iTaste VV-3 had at least a month warranty, but I maybe wrong. I know my local B&M stores all have a 30 warranty on batteries and they sell the cheaper eGo's too.

I wish you luck, and hope they resolve this issue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread