The Joker, my review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
Due to time restraints I will make this quick and in bullet form.

Positives:
-vaped great brand new for 9 hours
-the led light looked cool
-the safety features was a great idea

Negatives:
-$160! (compaired to my Silver Bullet this thing feels cheaply made..)
-Lasted only 9 hours
-instantly fries any atty I hook up to it (normal NOT LR attys)
-bought it from dietsmokes.com who offer no phone# or contact email
-dealing with a ticket system at dietsmokes and never recieving a reply
-having to contact vaprlife.com to receive help for repair/replacement
-now waiting 2 weeks for vaprlife to send me a (hopefully) functional Joker
-friend of mine who also got the Joker has gone through 4 attys in 15 days

I would love to hear from people who are really liking their Joker! I hope I get one back that works great, and that dietsmokes stops ignoring their customers.

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
I have had my joker since the first day they shipped and have never had a single problem. Not a single fried atty! Just a whole lotta great vaping!

Regarding batteries I find that the grey and yellow tenergy bats are the best for it.

vaprlife just emailed me telling me they just shipped my repaired Joker. They at least have support! I hope it works as good as yours dude =/

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
Got my replacement Joker in today. Hooked up a brand new 510 atty... Fried it in just a few puffs... Hooked up another brand new one, so far so good...

If this thing takes one more atty within a reasonable time that's the last straw! They cost $8 each! On top of that the cost of sending it for repairs.

Oh yeah the protection does not work either, discharge batteries do NOT turn the LED blue. In addition I hooked up a LR atty to test if it would stop vaping and it did not. The LR atty still works fine and went right back to my 3.7 Silver Bullet. I know better than to actually use a LR atty on a 5v device, but for testing purposes I tried it for a few seconds.

VapoMonkey

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Queens NYC
Thats too bad about your joker, I've had mine for 2 weeks, and havent popped 1 atty yet, then again I tend to keep my attys really REALLY REALLY wet. The batteries that came with the unit were horribad, so I hopped over to batteryjunction(dot)com and ordered the tenergy lifepo4 rcr123 protected batteries (750mah) per. They vape all day strong, all day long. Only do the change-out at the most inconvenient times (like walking to the subway in the rain).

All in all, at least from my P O V, is that the joker seems to be reliable, and yes it did the auto cut-off when I popped a lr-atty on it...

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
thats too bad about your joker, i personally don't own one but I could also never justify the $160 price tag for something thats not as pretty as my prodigy v3 and costs about double more. Hopefully your next experience with vaping will be more successful =) also if you plan on keeping your joker maybe you should try cartomizers? They're less likely to pop at higher voltages and makes your vaping experiences better overall. Good luck

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
thats too bad about your joker, i personally don't own one but I could also never justify the $160 price tag for something thats not as pretty as my prodigy v3 and costs about double more. Hopefully your next experience with vaping will be more successful =) also if you plan on keeping your joker maybe you should try cartomizers? They're less likely to pop at higher voltages and makes your vaping experiences better overall. Good luck

Yeah actually I got some carts in but havent tested them on the Joker yet because its still on the way too me. I have tried them at 3.7 and 6volts and they are great! I just cant believe they are 8 times cheaper than normal 510 attys! WHY IS THIS???

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
Yeah actually I got some carts in but havent tested them on the Joker yet because its still on the way too me. I have tried them at 3.7 and 6volts and they are great! I just cant believe they are 8 times cheaper than normal 510 attys! WHY IS THIS???

well they're cheaper to make but as far as efficiency they're just solid.

(Just cuz a honda is $16k and a mercedes is $55k doesn't mean the mercedes is gonna last longer)

if you vape at high voltage cartomizers are really the way to go, I've got the same cartomizers working on my HV devices from 2-3 months ago and they're still a pleasure to use, no drop in vapor, and a funny taste can be removed by boiling them. The only time I've had to throw them away is when I severely burned the polyfill by leaving a device "ready to fire" in my pocket and regardless I get my cartomizers for 1.39 shipped (litecigusa). At HV I haven't gotten a normal atomizer to work for 2 days =( I also just got some "Mega Cartomizers" from nhaler that apparently work better for HV and I gotta say they've impressed me so far. I've had to do less refills per day and I still get more vapor than I can handle, but at $1.80 each (not including shipping) i'm a little more careful with them, but I'm also a penny pincher :D. In my opinion, I'd return the joker and get something pretty at 6v and get some mega cartomizers, if you like silver bullets maybe try the new omega ($99) from altsmoke or maybe a prodigy v3 ($83 and I am in love with mine). However if your heart is set at 5v then get something like the buzz, I personally don't like the looks but EVERYONE seems to love theirs, and it seems to be a pretty damn reliable device with WORKING safety features, plus its $45 cheaper than the joker which leaves you more money for cartomizers and juices =) Sorry for the long post but it seems like you're quite frustrated with your pv, and using the "wrong" atomizers is complete bs, I've heard a lot of complaints about Parker over at dietsmokes and this pretty much confirms it. Best of luck on your vaping journey

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
well they're cheaper to make but as far as efficiency they're just solid.

(Just cuz a honda is $16k and a mercedes is $55k doesn't mean the mercedes is gonna last longer)

if you vape at high voltage cartomizers are really the way to go, I've got the same cartomizers working on my HV devices from 2-3 months ago and they're still a pleasure to use, no drop in vapor, and a funny taste can be removed by boiling them. The only time I've had to throw them away is when I severely burned the polyfill by leaving a device "ready to fire" in my pocket and regardless I get my cartomizers for 1.39 shipped (litecigusa). At HV I haven't gotten a normal atomizer to work for 2 days =( I also just got some "Mega Cartomizers" from nhaler that apparently work better for HV and I gotta say they've impressed me so far. I've had to do less refills per day and I still get more vapor than I can handle, but at $1.80 each (not including shipping) i'm a little more careful with them, but I'm also a penny pincher :D. In my opinion, I'd return the joker and get something pretty at 6v and get some mega cartomizers, if you like silver bullets maybe try the new omega ($99) from altsmoke or maybe a prodigy v3 ($83 and I am in love with mine). However if your heart is set at 5v then get something like the buzz, I personally don't like the looks but EVERYONE seems to love theirs, and it seems to be a pretty damn reliable device with WORKING safety features, plus its $45 cheaper than the joker which leaves you more money for cartomizers and juices =) Sorry for the long post but it seems like you're quite frustrated with your pv, and using the "wrong" atomizers is complete bs, I've heard a lot of complaints about Parker over at dietsmokes and this pretty much confirms it. Best of luck on your vaping journey

Thanks for the advice. I will give those megacartos a try next time I need more. As far as the new PV, gotta wait and see how the Joker does when i get it back. Also when I thought I was going to get rid of it I researched and found that the GLV-2 is one HIGHLY rated 5v PV. So yeah that ones on the way to me too =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread