Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I recently received this just before we were to leave on vacation. Needless to say, the vacation was delayed by 2 hrs as I had to clean it and polish it best I could three times. Then quick pics had to be taken as there was not much light left.

Imeo had written to me to let me know he was sending me one of his prototypes. He asked that I test it thoroughly and give him my honest opinon of it. I said ok, but I doubted it could outdo the GGTS and I didn't like the name very much. I used it exclusively for the 15 hr. drive. I have only used it now the entire time on vacation.

So here I give you the Just GG::: JGG

What I love about it-----------

The Contacts:

These are the most impressive of all. The brass alloy is the best he has ever used. (yes- I have every contact he has every made) With the new contacts hit is increased considerably. In the last 4 1/2 days the contacts are not tarnishing yet and the hit has not diminished.

The AXIS/BATTERY POST

This is the finest axis Imeo has ever made, it is epic compared to what came before it. No more faffing about with just a top spring or putting two springs together into the fuse and using it that way. This is just genious and everyone will love it. No more problems with adjusting the battery and/or screwing it too tight and causing a short. Many people had a hard time with just a spring stuck on top of the axis. Now you have a spring loaded axis/post and it works perfectly.

The COLLECTION tank and CENTER POST:

The ADJUSTABLE post is now so easy to put in or remove. The adjustable screw (moving post) can be done with just your fingernail - no tools needed. Large contact area, only 2 o-rings again - but easy to remove. Another great design. This new collector tank and post is leaps and bounds better than the current one on the GGTS, so easy to clean - another epic design.
The previous GGTS collector tank, though beautiful was a PIA to take apart and clean if you had a juice dump and or leak.I put in 8 drops of an all VG juice from Highbrow and left it to sit for an hour - NO LEAKS. Thats all I have with me so couldnt test it with other juices. All who use HB knows it isnt that thick of a VG juice like others.

The TOP CAP::

What a simple top cap to use now for all other tanks and attys that dont screw directly into the collector tank. All tanks and attys can be adjusted so simply with the pop in brass center pin. So simple I cant believe Imeo didnt think of it before now. It's just for 510 connections, but to my opinion the 901 and 801 will soon be a thing of the past anyway.There is no reason for any 510 device not to fit on the JGG.

The AIR CONTROL RING:

This is now different in look and use. Even though I love the knurled ring of the GGTS, the newest design fits the JGG much better with the look of the new collection tank. I did attempt to put on a knurled ring, it only went on so far, but didnt look as good as the new smooth one with the four notches. Just adjust up or down without screwing on threads. I had no problem as I used my thumb and forefinger. I did put vaseline on the o-rings for easier adjusting. Air control works great on the 510 atty I used for testing. The look of the GG is now much better without threads showing around the ring.

The following pics show the JGG minus one section. I dislike the look of it without the telescope. Thats me though. So many different ways to use it, so many different looks to obtain. Just an outstanding GG for sure. Still can be used with all battery configurations up to the 18650 to use at 3.7, 6.0 and 7.4 volts.

This GG is definately a home run for Imeo. I can only imagine what it will look like in SS polished or SS and Brass Polished.

Many people will love the look of a one piece JGG without the telescope showing.

It is a very beautiful design as was sent to me. The following pics will show the Ody small mode and the Nahual prototype genisis on it. Thats all the time I had.

The finish is unpolished as was the brass button. Nothing was sent polished - but still looks great. The brass button - looks good on the all SS. I can see why Imeo wanted to send them out that way. One can still change out the head of the button to all SS, so no worries there.

Best of all - the JGG and GGTS parts are all interchangeable. To me this is basically a much improved GGTS because of the collector tank and all the connections. If you can only have one - then get the JGG

Only thing I dislike about it is the name - Just GG - its not good enough for the greatness of the device. I wish Imeo would change it before it is completely made. I hear the engravings aren't done so there is time.

One other thing I wont like about it - is if the engravings are horitzontal.

Thats it - an EPIC device - I would recommend it to anyone.

All pics in 18650 mode

Unpolished Prototype JGG with Nahual Genisis Prototype

0082aaa_zps16b0bd87.jpg

With polished ODY small mode

013aa_zps1b0de2f9.jpg

And another angle

014aa_zpseea45037.jpg

term2a_zpsd1a6ce2e.jpg

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Great review dspin.. I am so jealous right now that you get to use it :lol:
I can't wait to get mine!

I do agree, I hope the engravings aren't horizontal, but I will be happy either way.

I'm trying not to think about this device too much because we still have at least a month (more depending on engraver) until they're done.. can't wait to have it in my hands!!

I do love the look of the telescope being visible, but I also like the full/enclosed tube.. I know there will be less "stuff" to get in the threads if it's all closed up... but that's the fun part of GG, customizing to how you want!

Awesome!

Mistsmok3

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
Thanks for the review and the pictures DSpin. I'll agree on the name too, Just GG sounds too generic. I love the GTTS and the Greek mythology designations on the other products. If it was me, one option would be Telemachus (hints at tele-scopic and continues Homer's Odyssey naming system).

Since you've owned and used a number of different devices over the years, I wanted to ask you how the Just GG compares with other high-end mods, and especially the Caravela, the Greek units (not sure which ones you've had) and the Korean ones, in terms of looks, quality and usability.

I know that many might, rather scratch that, will disagree with the following opinion, and that's perfectly fine, but personally, I feel that the design / aesthetics of the GG mechanical mods (not the atties) are in need of a fresh breath of air. And by that, I don't necessarily mean a complete re-think (though, that wouldn't be bad for Imeo's upcoming new creations), but something like what Porsche has done to its 911 series keeping it modern and at the same time, true to its roots.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
He left for holidays Bish exactly after he wrote his review. Maybe he can come with us after his holidays but I think that Dspin doesnt go online or on camera, its not his style. But maybe he will change his mind
DSPIN you have skype? I was going to ask Imeo if he would grace us on VapeTV again as my guest host and at the same time like it very much you can be there too and we can talk about the new PV JUST GG

We BAD! WE BAD!! The BAD BOYS OF GG!!!

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
I've also voiced my opinion on the new air control fitting the design of the JGG better than one knurled ring.

I've made some suggestions to Imeo for a possible name change prior to formal release that I think would fit the device much better. They reflect the perfection of the device and remain consistant with the nomenclature of previous designs. I hope he changes his mind and uses one of those.

Great review.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Great review D, now you got to get yourself a buffing machine and get busy on polishing that puppy. :laugh:

Have a great vacation good buddy

I recently received this just before we were to leave on vacation. Needless to say, the vacation was delayed by 2 hrs as I had to clean it and polish it best I could three times. Then quick pics had to be taken as there was not much light left.

Imeo had written to me to let me know he was sending me one of his prototypes. He asked that I test it thoroughly and give him my honest opinon of it. I said ok, but I doubted it could outdo the GGTS and I didn't like the name very much. I used it exclusively for the 15 hr. drive. I have only used it now the entire time on vacation.

So here I give you the Just GG::: JGG

What I love about it-----------

The Contacts:

These are the most impressive of all. The brass alloy is the best he has ever used. (yes- I have every contact he has every made) With the new contacts hit is increased considerably. In the last 4 1/2 days the contacts are not tarnishing yet and the hit has not diminished.

The AXIS/BATTERY POST

This is the finest axis Imeo has ever made, it is epic compared to what came before it. No more faffing about with just a top spring or putting two springs together into the fuse and using it that way. This is just genious and everyone will love it. No more problems with adjusting the battery and/or screwing it too tight and causing a short. Many people had a hard time with just a spring stuck on top of the axis. Now you have a spring loaded axis/post and it works perfectly.

The COLLECTION TANK and CENTER POST:

The ADJUSTABLE post is now so easy to put in or remove. The adjustable screw (moving post) can be done with just your fingernail - no tools needed. Large contact area, only 2 o-rings again - but easy to remove. Another great design. This new collector tank and post is leaps and bounds better than the current one on the GGTS, so easy to clean - another epic design.
The previous GGTS collector tank, though beautiful was a PIA to take apart and clean if you had a juice dump and or leak.I put in 8 drops of an all VG juice from Highbrow and left it to sit for an hour - NO LEAKS. Thats all I have with me so couldnt test it with other juices. All who use HB knows it isnt that thick of a VG juice like others.

The TOP CAP::

What a simple top cap to use now for all other tanks and attys that dont screw directly into the collector tank. All tanks and attys can be adjusted so simply with the pop in brass center pin. So simple I cant believe Imeo didnt think of it before now. It's just for 510 connections, but to my opinion the 901 and 801 will soon be a thing of the past anyway.There is no reason for any 510 device not to fit on the JGG.

The AIR CONTROL RING:

This is now different in look and use. Even though I love the knurled ring of the GGTS, the newest design fits the JGG much better with the look of the new collection tank. I did attempt to put on a knurled ring, it only went on so far, but didnt look as good as the new smooth one with the four notches. Just adjust up or down without screwing on threads. I had no problem as I used my thumb and forefinger. I did put vaseline on the o-rings for easier adjusting. Air control works great on the 510 atty I used for testing. The look of the GG is now much better without threads showing around the ring.

The following pics show the JGG minus one section. I dislike the look of it without the telescope. Thats me though. So many different ways to use it, so many different looks to obtain. Just an outstanding GG for sure. Still can be used with all battery configurations up to the 18650 to use at 3.7, 6.0 and 7.4 volts.

This GG is definately a home run for Imeo. I can only imagine what it will look like in SS polished or SS and Brass Polished.

Many people will love the look of a one piece JGG without the telescope showing.

It is a very beautiful design as was sent to me. The following pics will show the Ody small mode and the Nahual prototype genisis on it. Thats all the time I had.

The finish is unpolished as was the brass button. Nothing was sent polished - but still looks great. The brass button - looks good on the all SS. I can see why Imeo wanted to send them out that way. One can still change out the head of the button to all SS, so no worries there.

Best of all - the JGG and GGTS parts are all interchangeable. To me this is basically a much improved GGTS because of the collector tank and all the connections. If you can only have one - then get the JGG

Only thing I dislike about it is the name - Just GG - its not good enough for the greatness of the device. I wish Imeo would change it before it is completely made. I hear the engravings aren't done so there is time.

One other thing I wont like about it - is if the engravings are horitzontal.

Thats it - an EPIC device - I would recommend it to anyone.

All pics in 18650 mode

Unpolished Prototype JGG with Nahual Genisis Prototype

0082aaa_zps16b0bd87.jpg

With polished ODY small mode

013aa_zps1b0de2f9.jpg

And another angle

014aa_zpseea45037.jpg

term2a_zpsd1a6ce2e.jpg

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Thanks for the writeup D glad you are enjoying it. Although I havn't used one yet my opinions from the videos/reviews ect are the same as yours.

My only question about the GG so far (I choose to call it GG mostly because Just doesn't do the mod justice IMHO although I could see "Simply GG" even though it doesn't fit the other GG names Simply works for me because it has simplified the major components of the GGTS and lets be honest I love my GGTS but Telescopic Storm doesn't really fit the naming either)
Anyways ramble mode off back to my question. If you have the Posative connector adjusted to far out and you screw a device in does it screw itself in kinda like the Ithaka. I hope so because I can see that aspect being more fiddly then the current floating pin.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
(I choose to call it GG mostly because Just doesn't do the mod justice IMHO although I could see "Simply GG" even though it doesn't fit the other GG names Simply works for me because it has simplified the major components of the GGTS and lets be honest I love my GGTS but Telescopic Storm doesn't really fit the naming either)

It's funny you say this because originally I didn't like the name "Just GG" until I thought about the other meaning of Just:

just
adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations.
done or made according to principle; equitable; proper: a just reply.
based on right; rightful; lawful: a just claim.
in keeping with truth or fact; true; correct: a just analysis.
given or awarded rightly; deserved, as a sentence, punishment, or reward: a just penalty.

When I thought about that, it made me feel the name was in fact quite just.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread