Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The two threads you mention both relate to the Kick, but have different subjects. Please re-read the OP and feel free to contribute.

sorry classwife... but i have to disagree with you.

I see a big difference in; two threads about the same type of item, and two thread about the EXACT same item.

wait till people start getting their Kicks in, and then everyone is going to want their own thread...

i digress.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Same here, oldblue. The drop-in module is nice for those who don't mod and for use with existing PVs without having to mod them, but the possibilities should really open up once the modder's board comes out and I can't wait to see the specs on it and what people do with it :)
I'm right there with you, although I may move forward with modding with the Kick. It's a nice module. It really does kick! My only issue with it is that because it neccessitates using a smaller battery and draining the battery's amps for boosting, run times blow goat. The only happy, fidget-free solution I can come up with is to parallel some larger batts for all-day use with the Kick.

My plan is to go with 4x18500 or possibly 4x18650. I want to incorporate a LED readout for batt voltage and loaded voltage. I'm also planning on installing and on-board charger, so basically I plug it in at night and go all day or possibly 2 days! I will extend the pot, so as to be able to adjust the wattage via a small thumbwheel, because, like others, during the day, at different times my sensitivity changes. Early in the morning and late at night I like a little warmer vape.

I'd love to have a modder's board right now, but that's just the impatient me. I considered letting my fiancee's son reverse engineer it (he's a EE), but that would mean sacrificing my newest love for the cause and that ain't happenin'! Lol

Overall, I think the Kick is a great advantage to those who suffer with the half-drained battery blues. I know my VmodXL suffers in the performance category later in the day. When the batt hits 3.8-ish volts it's time for a change. Unfortunately, with the form-factor of the Kick, real estate must be sacrificed in order to accomodate it. Battery run time suffers as a result. So, I'm left with swapping a batt after 4hrs vs 8hrs, but my vaping experience is constant through the life of the battery. Pick your poison, so to speak. With my brainstorm to pile up batteries, I think the choise will be alleviated.

I hate to mod this thing, but it's just not up to snuff with the battery's minimized runtime. Given longer run-time with the Kick's capabilities, I think my happy-place will be more attainable.

Sorry for the long diatribe! Happy vaping!

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
My plan is to go with 4x18500 or possibly 4x18650.

If you are going to kill the tube form factor anyways, why not just go with real quality batteries.

places such as HobbyKing have 5000mAh packs that have a whopping 40C discharge rate... way more than what the kick demands. AND most of these built packs already come with balance ports to equalize the cells while charging, but a highend charger would be necessary.

I read somewhere that IMR's have a 10C discharge rate.*info may be wrong*

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
A modders board would be for those that build mods, only.

It is expected that it would be set up so one could add additional hardware, like a display or connection so the wattage could be changed with a wheel and whatever other creative ideas mod builders come up with or users would like to have. It would be a permanent part of the mod and wired into the various components. So, instead of installing a vv mechanical gizmo, one could have a vw gismo. There is also a possibility that the wired in versions could go to higher watts limits for those "super hot" vape enthusiasts.

The Kick is a module for us users----with any experience level, that we can put in various mods as we desire.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
That Modders board is going to make bottom fed box Mods into bottom fed box mods on Steroids, I can just Imagine a Reo Grand and a few other mods with this board in it, it would be like having a Darwin feeder, and just maybe that's what Evolv might have in mind and is playing with next, wouldn't that be cool a Feeder Darwin Mod. Hmmmm

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Just read this thread and, well honesty, the best part was seeing how hard it was for the mods to decide where Kick threads belong... :)

I have a question; Why is it that the Kick can only be used in mods with mechanical switches? Or is it just that it only works in mods with the body acting as ground, and any old switch will work?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
That is incorrect. The kick can be used with mods with mechanical switches. Just not with vv mods that have their own system.

The Kick has a little grounding wire/spring that needs to get connected to the ground of the mod--usually by just fitting in the tube tight enough. That wire needs to touch the metal or be connected to the ground with appropriate wiring. Phidias (wood feeder) is now being sold wired for a Kick. Reo's have been modded quite easily with a little sanding and sometimes a couple other tricks. There may be other's making their mods "kick ready".

If it's a tube mod -- IMO it is easier if you can load the battery from the top and put the kick on top of it.

liscombc

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
NY
What if you ripped out the guts of a LT and placed a kick in there? Would be cool to be able to have a LT/Darwin thing going on :)

I saw a thread where a guy broke his top cap of his LT, went out and bought a new metal pipe piece and made an awesome LT that was much more sturdy than before. After reading about the kick, that made me think about getting rid of the LT components inside and placing a kick in there.

Any ideas if this could possibly work? I don't believe the buttons would work or anything like that, but i bet it would work better than my LT does now.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
That is incorrect. The kick can be used with mods with mechanical switches. Just not with vv mods that have their own system.

The Kick has a little grounding wire/spring that needs to get connected to the ground of the mod--usually by just fitting in the tube tight enough. That wire needs to touch the metal or be connected to the ground with appropriate wiring. Phidias (wood feeder) is now being sold wired for a Kick. Reo's have been modded quite easily with a little sanding and sometimes a couple other tricks. There may be other's making their mods "kick ready".

If it's a tube mod -- IMO it is easier if you can load the battery from the top and put the kick on top of it.

Okay thanks. I get it now. I had seen a review that said it needed a mechanical switch, thanks for straightening me out.

And liscombc, why nut just build a mod around the Kick instead of destroying your LT...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread