Status
Not open for further replies.

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
My new 2012 button isn't firing every time with the kick, very sad right now.

I couldn't get mine firing reliably with my "new" style hex head and base buttons, no matter how much I cleaned them, even took to one with some wet 'n' dry emery paper to take off the nickel coating with the arc marks on it with no luck. Took my old ally ggts brass button and wacked it in after a clean and it fires 100%.

One thing that I thought strange was that I've never had arc marks on any brass button only the nickel plated newer ones. I even polished my old brass post and replaced my SS one with it and it seems to work even better......

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Hi Folks just waiting for the GG to come into stock in Europe (2-4 weeks estimate) and plan on using it with the "Kick" seems a great set up,plus the fact if the Kick fails you can still use the GG on its own,One question though are you all using 18650 battery's with this set up or a smaller Battery ????

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
Yeah, I use an AW IMR 18650 2000mAh batt with an extra top tube (an ally one atm as my top tube from my other SSGTS is an early one that has the wrong threading on top, just waiting to get a reply from the Aussie distributor to get a replacement under warranty), the telescopic section is nearly closed this way. It is possible to use an 18650 with the kick without an additional top tube but there'll be a couple of threads showing on the telescopic section.

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
I'm really loving VW over the VV from my provari, especially for rebuildable atty's. I just set the wattage for whatever juice I'm using (usually between 8-9w) and it provides such a consistent hit, even when changing coils, I just make them roughly between 2-3ohm either out of 32 or 34# Kanthal it provides the same hit :)

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
Still think the 2012 buttons are getting a bad rap:). I ordered 2 and both are working flawlessly. I did have issues with my 2011 buttons (probably dirty), but those issues went away as soon as I put in the 2012 buttons.

Now my GGs instantly fire until the batteries get too low.

Unfortunately the Aussie distributor seems to be getting rather unenthusiastic about getting spares, the 2012 button has never been available and button springs haven't been available for ages the same with 95% of parts :( Heck he's not even answering emails about parts to be replaced under warranty :(

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
It is official I vape to much. Granted I vape 10-12 ml in a 16 hour day.

AW 18350 IMR 25 minutes
AW 18650 1600 Mah 1 hour 15 minutes - 1 hour 45 minutes if I push it till it absolutely won't give me anything voltage reads 3.6v ish
AW 18650 2000 Mah 1 hour 45 minutes - 2 hours again if I push it till there is nothing left to give.

I have tried 2 different kicks 4 different 18350s 2 1600 mah 18650 2 2000 Mah 18650s. I have tried Adjustable throw round top brass button with brass and new springs, 2011 style button with both springs, and 2012 button with both springs. I have cleaned the hell out of my SSGGTS I have used origional battery post both with and without springs and fuse with and without springs.

I have come to the conclusion that for battery life 2 is the way to go. My VV mod that takes dual 18350s will last me 12+ hours on 1 set of batts this is with it set to give me 10-11 watts using the ohms law calculator.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Unfortunately the Aussie distributor seems to be getting rather unenthusiastic about getting spares, the 2012 button has never been available and button springs haven't been available for ages the same with 95% of parts :( Heck he's not even answering emails about parts to be replaced under warranty :(

I'd let Imeo know about that.

Three cheers for Bruce - we in the USA should be very thankful we have Bruce @ COV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread