The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Lemo RTA: A Build With Pics

Discussion in 'RTA' started by VaPreis, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zombo

Zombo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Try running the chimney part under hot water. Or, just stick the whole thing in the freezer for a few minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    This is hard to believe but the more force you use to take it apart the harder it will be to take it apart.
    Make sure it is clean of e-juice then keep gently trying to remove the chimney. I didn't believe this would work
    when mine was stuck but it did.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sorrynomore

sorrynomore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2014
    Canada
    Sorry I didn't have the time to read all 164 pages....
    I bought me a Lemo V1,so far so good.I can't get it to work quite as well as my Kayfun lite plus but it is working.I'm gonna have to play with this thing a bit more.One thing I've noticed is,it gets louder as one dials down the afc.Man it holds a fair bit of juice.

4. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    The lemo is similar to the kayfun wicking style,but for the lemo,it takes a bit more wick.I always wrap my coils for the lemo on a 3mm mandrel,and after putting the wick through,and cutting to length,i screw the lower chimney on,wet the wick,and then use a small screw driver to push the wick so it doesn't block the juice channels.It takes a little time to get it working at it's full potential,but once you do,it will blow the kayfun away haha.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sorrynomore

sorrynomore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks B.M.,so far I've been doing pretty much as you've said except I'm using a much small diameter coil.Next coil I'll try a larger diameter.

Edited to add - The air adjustment dial will take a bit to get used to,it's a tad finicky.LOL

6. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
  7. Zombo

Zombo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Yea I know, but I happened to order them with a bunch of other stuff and got free shipping.

8. b.m.

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I can't remember what the resistance is on the stock coil that comes with it,but i used it for quite a while,and it was very nice.That's also what got me to stick with the 3mm too.Yeah,that little airflow part can be a pita haha,i would set it where i want it,then when screwing the bottom on,it would move it out of adjustment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JDC1958

JDC1958 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2015
    .5 ohms and my Sigelei reads it consistently at .50 to .52, I just got mine last week so I've yet to build a coil for it, only re-wicked it just today.

My bad, mine is the LEMO2 if that makes a difference.

10. b.m.

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I haven't tried the lemo 2,but i think your right,i believe the regular one comes with a .5 too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yooperdad

yooperdad Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2014
    Marquette, MI
    Still stuck although it budges a little before stopping. I've tried the freezer, hot water, a torch, etc, and just can't get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Skullman

Skullman ~ Membered ~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

Great Review Best I've seen so far! Comparison with the Kafun is Right On! The Build and Photos are Great!

I put my Lemo's & Lemo 2's aside for Trying Many New Tanks. Just took my Lemo's & Lemo 2's out again Last Week. I filled 3 of My Lemo 2's with My Three All Day Vapes & My 4 Black Lemos with other Fav's Liquids. I wanted to compare the Lemo 2's to the New Tanks I acquired in the last 9 months or so & just enjoy the Great Vape from the Lemo's. Good to see a Thread like this to bring New Life with My Experience with My Lemo's and Lemo 2's!

Thanks

Skully {:{}

13. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    The two chimney pieces do have an ornoriness to them. If it is not one, then it is the other.
    Lubricating them helps, but not perfection.

14. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Here is my latest build and my first time twisted wire build. 4 strands of 28g Kanthal. 6 wraps, 3mm coil, 0.54ohms.

I have a highly modified airflow Lemo Drop and modified juice channels, so do not try this on stock Lemo.

Daily vape at 25W with rayon. I have gone as far as 50W but, the vape is very hot and wicking has to be perfect with Rayon to achieve 50w mark with no dry hits.
    The coil sits 4mm(rough estimate) above the air hole, its the highest position that it will give me maximum airflow without any air flow restrictions, at the same time i get very good(not awesome) juice flavor, yet IMHO enjoyable juice flavor with thick vapor and awesome direct lung hit.

Chain vaping is not recommended as tank gets hot even at 25W.
    I used to use 24g Kanthal wire, but the 28g 4 strands its close to 20g or 18g gauge.

If you chose to chain vape, keep it at 22w.

Im vaping on Max VG Vape Caviar juice. Box mod: Sig100 Plus.

20151218_232934.jpg 20151219_005458-1.jpg

15. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Next time i rewick the coil, i will take pics of the current modded chimney that has larger juice flow opening , that i plan to mod further to increase for even more juice flow to the wick.

I top fill the tank with zero juice leaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.