• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Lemo RTA and IPV mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
The packaging for the Lemo was absolutely stellar. You even get spare kanthal wire (26 guage I've heard) and some cotton and it doesn't look nearly as beautiful as it does when you actually hold it! Got it for around 20 dollars on Alibaba and for that price, it's a steal.

The ipv mini is also built really solid. The threading for the battery .. container? could have been better and I wish it wasn't such a fingerprint magnet. Otherwise, the combo looks really sexy. Can't wait to make a low nic e-liquid batch to produce them clouds :D

EDIT: And if you follow PBusardo and RipTrippers on Youtube, you'll know that the airflow adjustment ring is VERY VERY loose. The only time it fixes somewhere is when you use the smallest or the biggest airflow option. Otherwise, even moving your hand will move the adjustment ring and this could prove to be a problem if I want airflow to be somewhere in between

Attachments

• IMAG1081.jpg
    IMAG1081.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG1080.jpg
    IMAG1080.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG1082.jpg
    IMAG1082.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG1084.jpg
    IMAG1084.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG1087.jpg
    IMAG1087.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
The Lemos are great, don't get me wrong. And I agree its nice to have that large juice capacity. But personally I would have gone with a little smaller form factor like the Lemo drop for the IPV mini. Having said that, as long as it works for you then there is no wrong way. I just don't think you will be putting that in your pocket :)

May you have many enjoyable hours with your new set-up.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
The Lemos are great, don't get me wrong. And I agree its nice to have that large juice capacity. But personally I would have gone with a little smaller form factor like the Lemo drop for the IPV mini. Having said that, as long as it works for you then there is no wrong way. I just don't think you will be putting that in your pocket :)

May you have many enjoyable hours with your new set-up.

Thanks dude! You're right, my first preference WAS in fact the lemo drop but I couldn't find it and didn't want to wait

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
The packaging for the Lemo was absolutely stellar. You even get spare kanthal wire (26 guage I've heard) and some cotton and it doesn't look nearly as beautiful as it does when you actually hold it! Got it for around 20 dollars on Alibaba and for that price, it's a steal.

The IPV mini is also built really solid. The threading for the battery .. container? could have been better and I wish it wasn't such a fingerprint magnet. Otherwise, the combo looks really sexy. Can't wait to make a low nic e-liquid batch to produce them clouds :D

EDIT: And if you follow PBusardo and RipTrippers on Youtube, you'll know that the airflow adjustment ring is VERY VERY loose. The only time it fixes somewhere is when you use the smallest or the biggest airflow option. Otherwise, even moving your hand will move the adjustment ring and this could prove to be a problem if I want airflow to be somewhere in between

Curious as to how much you paid for your IPV Mini?

I just ordered an Authentic Eleaf istick 30W 2200mAh box mod.

Probably very similar to yours.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Curious as to how much you paid for your IPV Mini?

I just ordered an Authentic Eleaf istick 30W 2200mAh box mod.

Probably very similar to yours.

44 dollars. It's a sexy little beast. The istick is smaller and more compact (I have a 20 Watt version) but the ipv mini just feels better, even though it's heavier. Performance wise, they should be identical

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
I'll second the Lemo. My Lemo Drop just arrived a few days ago and I've been using it most of the time. Amazing flavor. Didn't realize how nice some of my juices were until I vaped them on it (was using 2 Aspire K1s, which aren't bad). The only drawback's that it runs through the juice, which in my mind, is somewhat of an issue here since the cost of juice is higher (even if DIY due to shipping/shipping time). Ergh.

On a MVP 20W atm.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
For a single coil device I figure the Lemo is the reigning champion right now. An authentic device for $35. Personally I prefer dual coils, but if I was looking for a single coil device it certainly wouldn't be an authentic Kayfun V4 for $175.

I think the subtank mini is the new champ now, seeing all the reviews and reading through the posts here. The ability to change airflow from the outside without removing anything seems like a BIG advantage over the lemo, plus it has prebuilt coil mode AND rta mode!

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I'll second the Lemo. My Lemo Drop just arrived a few days ago and I've been using it most of the time. Amazing flavor. Didn't realize how nice some of my juices were until I vaped them on it (was using 2 Aspire K1s, which aren't bad). The only drawback's that it runs through the juice, which in my mind, is somewhat of an issue here since the cost of juice is higher (even if DIY due to shipping/shipping time). Ergh.

On a MVP 20W atm.

If I make good juice I can easily go through atleast 10ml a day on the lemo :(

But I only vape it when I'm home. The nautilus is pretty good for 'out and about' and I can save juice this way too

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I find once I set the airflow I never change it anyway. I assume your talking about the Kanger Subtanks? I've read they are having lots of issues when using the RBA decks. A lot are not making proper connections with the 510 pin. Maybe the mini is okay, but the regular tank is a monster... 25mm. I can see that on my IPV mini now hahaha. Always something newer and better to come down the pipe.

But each to his own. For me I love the big clouds. Just pre-ordered the UD Goblin... with dual 3mm airholes :)

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I find once I set the airflow I never change it anyway. I assume your talking about the Kanger Subtanks? I've read they are having lots of issues when using the RBA decks. A lot are not making proper connections with the 510 pin. Maybe the mini is okay, but the regular tank is a monster... 25mm. I can see that on my IPV mini now hahaha. Always something newer and better to come down the pipe.

But each to his own. For me I love the big clouds. Just pre-ordered the UD Goblin... with dual 3mm airholes :)

Yeah the kanger subtanks. The subtank mini solved the connection problem apparently, including a problem with juice tasting like crap (that was a problem with the insulation material). Check out ZVaper on youtube if you're interested. He compared it to the lemo and I hate him for it! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread