Status
Not open for further replies.

OwnedByAGrey

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2011
Pennsylvania
I realized last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, that:

1. I no longer cough when I lay down.

2. I can breathe completely unobstructed out of my nose and not feel oxygen-starved.

3. I actually prefer to fall asleep by breathing out of my nose and not my mouth now. Who knew?

4. When I wake up in the morning, I no longer have stiff, slightly painful, cottony-feeling lungs, nor does my head feel like it's stuffed with cotton.

5. I no longer have that deep rumbling so far down into my lungs that it feels like it's at my waist. In fact, no rumbling at all.

6. Charlie (the Grey in my pic) doesn't mimic coughing nearly as much as he used to. That means he's not hearing it anymore!

:)

tck4444

Mar 3, 2011
United States
"If there is a worse "smoking area" anywhere in the world than LAX I would not want to know about it.
Even when I was smoking I found that place to be just disgusting. "

-----------------

Cincinnati, although I've not been there in about 5 years.

One little room, about 8'x10', behind an all glass door with no ventilation. You could barely see in due to the smoke, and the only items in the room were a wheelchair, a payphone, and a broom. Trust me, you didn't need to even light your own cigarette to 'get your fix' if you went in.

I can't imagine what it would be like walking in there now.

Frankfurt airport had some pretty nasty smoking rooms, but, yeah, Cincinnati was definitely one of the worst. One of the many things I will never miss about smoking.

Kembial

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
United States
While I do hit the inhaler a bit after a harsh liquid, I've definitely found a happy difference in my asthma sufferings, lately.

No more deep-lung issues. If I've been "coughing up the bad stuff" these last 3 weeks, it's NOTHING in comparison to the daily lung-hacking I suffered on analogs. I almost think it's not even happening.

No more waking up 10 times a night to reach for the inhaler. Sleep used to be the biggest waste of my meds.

While I'm not at the peak of my recovery, I feel I can do so much more, physically, than I could before. A trip up and down the stairs no longer requires a puff of meds. I don't feel like I NEED a puff to prime myself for a night that was going to be bad anyway.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Lesisurely shopping for supplies on the
PC rather than having to stop at a crowded store.

walk into a room full of people after vaping and feeling refreshed without a worry that you smell like a chimney.

Being able to give a big hug and kiss at a moments notice to my little princess without making her wait till i wash my hands and face.

Never having to hear "Daddy you stink!"

Aaah I can so relate to that! My kids are loving the non smelly daddy!

PLUS - Now if anyone smokes around my kids I don't feel like a hippocrit when I slowly strangle them to death and dispose of their body!

Ps I never did smoke around the kids, never in the house (except for a few winters mornings hanging out of the window at the back of the house!)

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
I'm really sorry for my ignorance but I just don't know what happened with smoking laws etc in USA or anywhere else - anyway i'm in the UK and over here we could smoke pretty much anywhere until 2007 when the new law meant we could no longer smoke anywhere designated a public place. This was really weird for my generation and older who were used to being able to smoke anywhere, my (older) friend remembers being able to smoke in hospitals!

Anyway all of that to say I am so enjoying being able to vape anywhere and everywhere I choose, and with the smell gone I am loving vaping in the house! (got kids so smoking was always outside) especially in bed - lounge watching a film - at the dinner table after a good meal, and all the good places!

crazyodaz

Feb 19, 2011
TEXAS
no more waking up in morning with burn marks on blanket from passing out from too much beer with analog in hand --- course it helps now days i dont drink anymore -- i just remember a couple times when i woke up with burn holes that were .... er..... lets just say -- a little too close for comfort

well if i started drinking again, i could atleast vape my way to sleep worry free :p

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
just realised another, I've been on this forum all day long now, literally all day long. Installed tapatalk on my phone yesterday so i didnt need the laptop to 'forum'... Anyway I realised another benefit to vaping for me, I feel part of this community! I know you probably think I'm weird and irritating, but I love you guys!

Maybe i should cut down vaping on powdered unicorn horn...feeling the love a bit too much lately....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread