Status
Not open for further replies.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Just bought mine. The true selling points were that Cisco (as in Cisco 306) was involved and it is made in the Bronx, NY. Can't use it till xmas tho!!!! UGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Haha sounds like why I bought the turtleship mod... It has the face of one of my ancestors on the mod...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I've had one for almost a month now... The flavor is just not there for me ... And it's not great for ni200 builds as there is very little clearance and ni200 builds have a tendency to move and shift due to coil sag...

Gonna try it with kanthal and see if I have better luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going with twisted/hardened 28g NI200 to see if it can hold up to being placed in a vertical position..

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
I've had the Marquis for a couple weeks now and here's a couple things I've found:

The positive post and ground screws make for a solid connection with Ni200, but wicking is hard to thread with a typical vertical without deforming the coils. I built a dual chimney coil with 30ga Ni200 and it worked very well once I sorted out the wicking.

This one just hit me tonight: When built for single coil, you can orient the top cap so that you have two airholes pointed at one coil. Instead of using the middle hole on the cap for a single, you can rotate it so that the opposite hole (in dual mode) in the cap lines up with the airhole going to the back of coil and the other airhole will hit the side of your coil.

I apologize if I'm not explaining it clearly, but play with it and you'll figure it out. It gives you big airflow and I didn't notice a drop in flavor.

Here's the chimney build:

2b2e7afd61a271701b66046f45502f48.jpg

bwhitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2013
Houston
I decided to pick on up anyway. Love the device. Single and dual coil builds are very easy and full of flavor.

I currently have it set up on my Hanna Modz DNA40 with a single twisted 30 gauge coil. 3mm 8 wraps comes out
to 0.12 ohms. I found it very easy to wrap, place and then space the coil with ease. The twisted wire does not
move around on the wicking like the single wires do. This is the third atomizer I have tried on nickel wire and it
was also the easiest.

Very well built RDA, very happy with my purchase.

And I agree, you can run both air holes open with a single coil without any drop in flavor. Nice chimney build.

Last edited:

BudmanNC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2013
United States
I decided to pick on up anyway. Love the device. Single and dual coil builds are very easy and full of flavor.

I currently have it set up on my Hanna Modz DNA40 with a single twisted 30 gauge coil. 3mm 8 wraps comes out
to 0.12 ohms. I found it very easy to wrap, place and then space the coil with ease. The twisted wire does not
move around on the wicking like the single wires do. This is the third atomizer I have tried on nickel wire and it
was also the easiest.

Very well built RDA, very happy with my purchase.

And I agree, you can run both air holes open with a single coil without any drop in flavor. Nice chimney build.

Are you using rayon or cotton for wicking? I use rayon for wicking. I'm really tempted to get one of these to use on a dna40 and nickel wire. It just looks like rayon would be really tough to get in these.

Thanks

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
great pics mitro!

I have my Magmas set up like that, single coil with opposing airholes both open. There's a little lose of flavor compared to one air hole.
Thanks! Except I don't think my description was clear enough so here a picture to illustrate better.

Green O is a single vertical coil and the red letters are the holes in the topcap. Unlike just about every other RDA, both holes can direct airflow at one coil. (Center hole is blocked)

d1a8ff429b0e0e79135fed757db22a9d.jpg

Last edited:

bwhitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2013
Houston
I always use cotton. Never had a need to try rayon yet.

I have found that a coil made with single strand 30 gauge nickel will move around while you vape it. This happened to me on my Hobo and my Vertex V2. But once I switch over to 2 strands of twisted 30 Gauge Nickel, the coils have not moved around much after the wicking. You do need to respace the coils every time you Re-wick though.

It will leak if you over fill it.It's Not as leak prof as the Veritas. But with temperature control, I don’t feel the need to add a few extra drops when I pick up the device,

Building with nickel wire has a learning cure to it. But I have decided to switch the bulk of my RDA’s over to temperature control. I think it’s worth not having to worry about chemically altering you juice into something that is harmful.

I have ran about 15ml of a heavy cream/berry juice thru this setup so fare.

Attachments

• mar1.jpg
    mar1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 391
  • mar2.jpg
    mar2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Thanks! Except I don't think my description was clear enough so here a picture to illustrate better.

Green O is a single vertical coil and the red letters are the holes in the topcap. Unlike just about every other RDA, both holes can direct airflow at one coil. (Center hole is blocked)

d1a8ff429b0e0e79135fed757db22a9d.jpg

Your explanation was fine. I just misread.
On another note, I added The Marquis to my shopping cart last night. This morning I got an email from them saying I could take 5% off if I went back and completed the order.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I have #590. This thing is the real deal. I'm still experimenting with with coils. Currently using 26 gauge kanthal, 3.5mm about 7-8 wraps.at about 0.6 ohms. Hitting it about 22-24 watts on the rDNA30. I may eventually try some Nickel builds but I'm digging it with the Kanthal.

Hey Mark
I've only gone to .7 with kanthal using a Magma on the rDNA 30. Got the flashing ohms signal at 17 watts. Kicked it up to 22 and it stopped and was good but, a little to warm for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread