The Mini or the Grand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson5

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Reno
OK everyone,

With the most recent release of both devices due in the coming days, I wanted to get some help in making my choice. My understanding of the differences between the two two units are:
  1. Obviously size.
  2. The ability to carry more juice in the Grande
  3. The Grand can carry larger batteries
Is that it?

I 'm really concerned about being able to vape on the Mini for an entire day on a single battery; Is there a battery for it that allows you to do so? Also, concealment is a real concern for me....so the Mini "seems" to be the better fit.

Any enlightentment is greatly appreciated!

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
It all depends on how many mls you vape in a day. If you vape say....2ml in a day, then one battery should last you all day. If you vape 3mls a day...then I would suggest carrying a spare if you get a Mini. Anything more than that...you would definitely need a Grand. If you vape 10ml a day...then the Grand will do it for ya easily. :)

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
If concealment is a concern, how about a mini, and carry 1 extra battery and 1 extra 3ml bottle of juice with you. I have some small battery pouches that would carry those easily + an extra bottle or battery and it is only about 3"x2.5" and has a keyring. I take it with me for a day out with my mini.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
If concealment is a concern, how about a mini, and carry 1 extra battery and 1 extra 3ml bottle of juice with you. I have some small battery pouches that would carry those easily + an extra bottle or battery and it is only about 3"x2.5" and has a keyring. I take it with me for a day out with my mini.

Here is the battery case I use: Ballistic Nylon Battery Case with Keyring It perfectly fits an extra battery, an extra atomizer, and a 3ml bottle of juice.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Mlinky,

Twice a day? Wow, thats one more time than I was expecting. Now you've got me thinking! I'm not real versed on battery options, but I've read that there is huge differences out there...any recommends?

The AW IMR 14500's are the only battery to use on the Mini. The performance is far superior to any other 14500 battery. You have more good performing options on the Grand.

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
....OK, but I have read that it is not recommended to use stacked battery setups in REO's tutorials...

You can get protected Tenergy's that fit well, and shouldn't cause a problem. Basically, you can use any mod battery as long as 1) it fits without flattening the spring; 2) it doesn't have a flat top; and, 3) it is protected or safe chemistry.

Thinking about your requirements, you would probably be happy with a Grand. The photos make them look much larger than they are. My Mini is only slightly bigger than a Zippo, and the Grand is only a bit larger than the Mini. Get it in a stealth color combo, Black/Black, and you should be good.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
The AW IMR 14500's are the only battery to use on the Mini. The performance is far superior to any other 14500 battery. You have more good performing options on the Grand.

I have to make sure this gets noticed. I recently got my Mini and was using some Trustfire batts, and was very disappointed. Got my AW IMR's yesterday and man this thing is completely different! I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread